Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 09:57 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I thought I'd have a garage load of cars at this point in my life. I have a '85 Chevy with about 170,000 miles that still runs strong....and still looks good to be 27 years old. Burns lots of gas...so hope and pray the oil prices keep dropping. My Dad was a car dealer...and he told me exactly what you said above. Looks and cosmetics of a car doesn't matter (unless you let it) ...if it will get you from point A to Point B ....same as a Mercedes.....that costs $50,000 more. You could pack a 40 acre field with 300 cars like mine...for 50 G's.
Why would you want 300 1985 Chevy's? There's only one of you. I can understand why you'd want a $50,000 mercedes, again, because there's only one of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 09:59 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
What statement are you trying to make by the Car that you drive?

I buy cars that I want...the ONLY opinion of my car that I care about is MINE......if a person wants to make a statement by what kind of car they drive they need to seek counseling for being weak, insecure, shallow, immature and stupid.
So what kind of car do you drive?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
I drive a truck. I dont have a business or use it for work.
I live in the sticks and we get a lot of snow. 4 wheel drive is a must. a subaru would get stuck. Not enough clearance and I detest how they look.
I use my truck to haul wood, or mulch or any number of things.
Am I redneck?
Im married to brown skinned asian.
I have gay friends, black friends and yes some redneck friends.
A smart car where I live would be useless 4 months out of the year.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
My statement:

I'm driving my first ever vehicle; a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L 4x4 that I PAID for with my own money. I'm a 22 year old Registered Nurse working on a cardiovascular unit here in one of the local Wisconsin hospitals.

I drive to get to work, to go to the store, and to anyplace else that I take it. I lug myself around 90% of the time. The other 10% usually goes to friends, my sister, or my dog.

I'm getting 19.4 mpg city and am proud of myself. I pay for my own insurance and gas.

There ya go.
You may not be trying to make a statement, but you are still making one. You could either be a woman or a man who never reads consumer reports.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I live in the sticks and we get a lot of snow. 4 wheel drive is a must. a subaru would get stuck. Not enough clearance and I detest how they look.
Am I redneck?
You probably married an asian because you were in the service and met her overseas. That about right?

You live in the sticks with a truck. Yes, Most people who do not live in the sticks with a truck would call a person who does a redneck. Marrying an asian woman does not make a person more sophisticated. FYI, you can be Gay and Black and still be a redneck, although if you are black it will be harder to see.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
That's pretty good! More correct than incorrect. If whatever you're doing for a living now doesn't work out, you should take this act on the road - or at least on YouTube. Good stuff man!
Believe it or not, I actually make a pretty good living doing this stuff. I am a jury consultant. It is my job to try to figure people out. I learned that I had a talent for it a few years ago and enjoy doing it. I am not always right and frequently wrong. The best I can do is make generalities, but the more information that I have the more accurate. To make a estimate based on a car is difficult...unless it is a certain type of car and then it is a lot more easy.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
I drive an F150 truck with campershell. The shell came with it, when I bought it in 2000. Luv my truck. Haven't had any major costs, other than replacing the tires. It says I'm practical, frugal, and has my RonPaul2012 bumper sticker on the back. Used to be my dog-mobile, when we were in foster n rescue. Seats are shredded, and I removed the window buttons on the passenger side, because my dog almost strangled herself.
Don't like little cars, can't see myself ever driving one. They don't feel safe. Also too open, no privacy.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You probably married an asian because you were in the service and met her overseas. That about right?

You live in the sticks with a truck. Yes, Most people who do not live in the sticks with a truck would call a person who does a redneck. Marrying an asian woman does not make a person more sophisticated. FYI, you can be Gay and Black and still be a redneck, although if you are black it will be harder to see.
No I didnt meet her in the service. Never thought marrying her made me sophisticated. Why would I want to be any way?
I met her when I was doing chemo actually.
maybe just maybe in this land of the free we buy a vehicle that meets our needs and tatstes not because its nothing more and nothing less than what we need.
I could drive an suv but i dont like how they look.
An all wheel drive van perhaps but once again I just dont like the look.
We have a toyota solara and we park it when the snow flies.
What exactly is sophisticated anyway?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
No I didnt meet her in the service. Never thought marrying her made me sophisticated. Why would I want to be any way?
I met her when I was doing chemo actually.
maybe just maybe in this land of the free we buy a vehicle that meets our needs and tatstes not because its nothing more and nothing less than what we need.
I could drive an suv but i dont like how they look.
An all wheel drive van perhaps but once again I just dont like the look.
We have a toyota solara and we park it when the snow flies.
What exactly is sophisticated anyway?
I am sorry that you had to have chemo. I hope everything is better now.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:43 PM

272 posts, read 484,584 times
Quote:
Am I redneck?
Hehehe. I thought this post was funny.

I live in the smokies and driving a smart car around here would be dangerous. I just witness two dump trucks that had a head a head-on collusion last week. Fatalities are common due to the terrain and high speeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies