Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2011, 11:19 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times

Advertisements

My statement is "With my supercharged car, i can save gas and outrun you when I want".

That and "I am having a midlife crisis with myself".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 01:27 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,836,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Well if it is the Mercedes c63 AMG. It has about 450 hp. That is lot of ponies. My guess that you would be driving that car. Powerful car. You probably like to drive. this is not a status car but a performance car, although mercedes is a status car. I would say the person that owns this car is not really making a statement about status. I would put this in the area of...I really like to drive.

Yukon probably your wife's car. If you saw both cars at a family reunion, it would imply that you guys are not worried about money. However, it is now 2011 and most people who get these kinds of cars don't keep them as long as you have. May have hit a bump in the road or you are being cautious.

One of you is probably a doctor. Not a dentist, but a real doctor.
That's pretty good! More correct than incorrect. If whatever you're doing for a living now doesn't work out, you should take this act on the road - or at least on YouTube. Good stuff man!

Old 06-25-2011, 01:46 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
For the last few months I've been considering getting a newer car. I wonder if anyone can give me any tips to which cars are easiest to steal?
It just so happens that I've done some research in that area. My study isn't finished but so far there seem to be 2 main factors:
  1. The doors are unlocked
  2. The keys are in the ignition
I will post updates as I refine my findings...

Old 06-25-2011, 08:14 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,117 times
This thread is hilarious. I drive an 03 Pontiac Vibe that has been paid off for years. My statement is that I need a car to get me to and from work every day and I will never buy another one until this one breaks down.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:47 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,003,984 times
I'm not trying to make any statement. I never have when it comes to cars. A car is a way to get from point A to B.

I drive a 2002 Honda Accord and it still runs ok and that works for me.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:13 PM

199 posts, read 301,049 times
My statement:

I'm driving my first ever vehicle; a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L 4x4 that I PAID for with my own money. I'm a 22 year old Registered Nurse working on a cardiovascular unit here in one of the local Wisconsin hospitals.

I drive to get to work, to go to the store, and to anyplace else that I take it. I lug myself around 90% of the time. The other 10% usually goes to friends, my sister, or my dog.

I'm getting 19.4 mpg city and am proud of myself. I pay for my own insurance and gas.

There ya go.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:20 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
The statement I made when I brought my car is:
it'll get me to and from work (and other places)
I can afford it
It gets good gas mileage
I like the features

All that other stuff is for people who have too much time on their hands

Old 06-25-2011, 09:21 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
My statement:

I'm driving my first ever vehicle; a 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7L 4x4 that I PAID for with my own money. I'm a 22 year old Registered Nurse working on a cardiovascular unit here in one of the local Wisconsin hospitals.

I drive to get to work, to go to the store, and to anyplace else that I take it. I lug myself around 90% of the time. The other 10% usually goes to friends, my sister, or my dog.

I'm getting 19.4 mpg city and am proud of myself. I pay for my own insurance and gas.

There ya go.
I hope that you would, btw I love your speakers.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I am sure that some people will say that I am not trying to make a statement...I bought for XY&Z reasons. Well here is my opinion.

Truck - A person that does not use a truck for business purposes is trying to say...that she is a redneck and proud of it. Message received.

Luxury Foreign CAr , BMW 7 series etc. - They want everyone to know that they have money, whether they actually have money or not.

Prius - the main statement is I am not a Redneck. They could also be saying I am environmentally conscious. They are not saying that I am practical, because despite the savings in gas you still have to pay more for the car than you save in gas.

Subaru Outback - You are saying I am liberal, but I like to get out there are have fun, whether you actually do or not.

Honda Accord - You are saying, that I don't care about status. I am more practical.

Suburban or Mega SUV - You are telling me people that you are an idiot. It does not matter if it will fit in a parking space and only gets 8 miles to the gallon. Usually driven by women who have Penis envy.

Mustang - Corvette - Modern day muscle car - What you are trying to tell people is that you are manly or a bad ass woman. What people actually receive is that you are probably compensating for having a small wanker or the fact that you are 5'2.

Thoughts.
What statement are you trying to make by the Car that you drive?

I buy cars that I want...the ONLY opinion of my car that I care about is MINE......if a person wants to make a statement by what kind of car they drive they need to seek counseling for being weak, insecure, shallow, immature and stupid.

Old 06-25-2011, 09:52 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I'm not trying to make any statement. I never have when it comes to cars. A car is a way to get from point A to B.

I drive a 2002 Honda Accord and it still runs ok and that works for me.
I thought I'd have a garage load of cars at this point in my life. I have a '85 Chevy with about 170,000 miles that still runs strong....and still looks good to be 27 years old. Burns lots of gas...so hope and pray the oil prices keep dropping. My Dad was a car dealer...and he told me exactly what you said above. Looks and cosmetics of a car doesn't matter (unless you let it) ...if it will get you from point A to Point B ....same as a Mercedes.....that costs $50,000 more. You could pack a 40 acre field with 300 cars like mine...for 50 G's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies