Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2011, 08:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times

Advertisements

The rich people aren't getting your tax money..they are reaping huge gains from their investments.
What one single person has the government given taxpayer money directly to ???

It's banks and corporations that are enjoying taxpayer bailouts, loans, subsidy payments and lucrative government contracts.

And the funny thing is their profits are not even on the radar screen. It's individuals the government has pointed the crowd towards..those "filty rich" are robbing you blind they say.

And just how are they doing that ? If they are robbing you of your tax dollars then wouldn't it be the government handing it over to them ??

The American masses are too gullible. The government says "jump" and they ask "how high" ?

Kinda reminds me of what I read about the Salem witch hunts and how the masses were easily convinced.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You guys need to watch what you're saying. One of your own has acknowledged he doesn't pay income tax:
I've paid zero for 11 years now.. Increasing the tax rate, isnt going to increase my tax liabilities. Its just a happy go stupid thought process from the left that thinks that this will change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
But those who provide little or nothing to the rest of society, or have some defect in aptitude or attitude, seem to hate how this works, or even deny the fundamental mechanism.
They dont like how YOU get to decide who YOU give your money too. THEY want to decide where to put YOUR money.. Thats the liberal mentality..

Old 07-17-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
What you say is what is spewed by the right-wing media machine...talk-radio, Faux News...But that is nowhere close to reality.
. Lets get this straight.. You dont decide where to spend your money? Wait, you deserve a 2nd one for that
Quote:
There's a reason the rich are getting so much richer while the majority of the rest of society is doing so much worse.
You got one right.. They are doing better because they are spending less than their income, while the rest of society is doing so much worse, because they are spending more than their income..

ITS SIMPLE MATH
Quote:
1. Business owners constantly find ways to cut costs. The bigger and richer they are usually the more heartless they are. They offshore, cry that they can't find 'qualified' Americans so they can import cheap labor, when they know the job seekers are hurting/more desparate they cut wages & benefits, etc. This crap from the idiot right that every cent a wealthy business owner gets in his pocket goes right back into his business and helps everyone under him on the ladder (trickle-on economics) is b.s.
Here you are flat out WRONG.. Its the LEFT who support more and more immigration, open borders, using the "its not fair" that they cant earn living wages in Mexico, so lets bring them here mentality.. Its your trickle up which is bs because there is no tricke up, it results in bringing EVERYONE down, except those at the very top that dont need to work for a living.
Quote:
2. How does a corporation that is paying their CEO 100 million a year, and another 200 million a year to all of its top executives need a 100 million subsidy from the gov't?
As soon as you tell me what corporations are getting $100M in subsidies from the government, i'll answer your question.. You see all you are doing is mouthing off the left wing bs LIES, or outright left wing stupidity because they claim things like employee cost write offs are subsidies, but they arent.. THEY ARE COSTS.. Expenses.. anyone with an elementary accounting knowledge knows this is true.

The fact is many of the REAL subsidies which exist in america, are ones YOU LEFTIES asked for. Green energy credits for example. You guys moaned and groaned about how government needs to do something, and then you moan and groan when they do the only thing they can..
Quote:
3. It's unrefutable that the lower you are on the socio-economic ladder the more likely you are to HAVE to spend every dime you get. The talk-radio/Faux News/Republicans have an obvious agenda to continue ignoring this fact and spewing non-sense that giving rich people more money is the fastest and best way to get that money pumping back into the economy.
Well dah those on the lower economic ladder have to spend every dime they get, its because those on the lower economic ladder are relying upon the charity of others to survive.. You want to sit around moaning and groaning that welfare doesnt pay enough, GET A JOB.. Social Security not paying enough, YOU SHOULD HAVE SAVED... Dont blame me or others, because YOU sit back and accept incomes below what you need to live off of.. BLAME YOURSELF..
Quote:
What blows my mind away is how many people are so freaking stupid to keep believing what these clowns say.
What blows my mind away is those people who somehow think its MY fault, YOU dont earn enough.. Explain how YOU not getting a better education so you can earn more, or YOU not working more hours, or YOU not saving and investing, or YOU having more kids than you can afford, or YOU spending more than you bring in, is MY fault! You guys sound like my sister, whose take home pay is more than our families, and she cant afford a car payment, cant afford her rent, cant afford to feed her children, while we sit back in a 6K sf home with multiple cars paid for, and outside of investments, live debt free because we bought dirt cheap homes, paid them off quickly, rather than giving money to bankers etc.

STOP TAKING ON DEBT YOU CANT AFFORD, SAVE and INVEST the interest you'd otherwise be spending, and the world changes for you. If YOU REFUSE, dont blame me because the secret to gaining wealth, isnt really a secret.. its simply DONT SPEND MORE THAN YOU EARN, and when you obtain wealth, you PRESERVE it..

Last edited by pghquest; 07-17-2011 at 09:08 AM..

Old 07-17-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I wonder how the rich are getting so much richer, certainly not by working so much more than before. I assume many of them simply get rich on investments, interests, etc. - i.e. without working for the extra wealth. Should be prevented, maybe by imposing a drastic tax on income from sources other than work.
Its not a very good idea to soak the rich. How many jobs do you think Warran Buffet is responsible for? Yes he's gotten very very rich by employing 200,000 americans. Gates employes nearly 150,000 individuals,

Why do you guys hate the rich so much, that you'd rather see millions of americans become unemployed, just so you can get "even" with those who pay them a salary?

Old 07-17-2011, 09:16 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,774,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Its not a very good idea to soak the rich. How many jobs do you think Warran Buffet is responsible for? Yes he's gotten very very rich by employing 200,000 americans. Gates employes nearly 150,000 individuals,

Why do you guys hate the rich so much, that you'd rather see millions of americans become unemployed, just so you can get "even" with those who pay them a salary?
Soak? Why would a rich person care if he has 500 million, a billion or 5 billion to spend? I am talking about wealth they have withdrawn from society, not assets like the money invested in start-ups or other companies employing people. Any money stored away on private bank accounts etc. is not helping to employ a single person.

I had also made more specific suggestion, quoting myself: "How about taxing capital depending on what is done with it, and in the case of investments on the duration, i.e. punish speculation and promote long-term investments."

Nor do I hate rich people. Sure, I look down upon them as they seem utterly unwise to me. But I don't hate them, they are not worth my hate or any other strong emotions.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:17 AM

28,966 posts, read 30,320,598 times
Default Talk about Greed

I saw the CEO of PP&L's home yesterday, and without exaggeration, it's at least 300 feet long and as wide. It's all real flagstone, with a circular driveway, built on the top of a mountain, and has got to be at least 4 or 5 stories high. It's got rounded towers built into the walls called drum towers, and all summer long, starting in early spring, all day long, he's had tri-axil dump trucks going back and forth, building up the side of the mountain for his inground swimming pool, and oh, it's got an elevator in it.

I've never seen such a home here in the United States, except the Castle in the Clouds in NH and the NewPort Mansions...it modistly resembles the Castle in the Clouds, however it's higher.

These people should be ashamed of themselves...the CEO of our company makes 9 million dollars a year, and they spend millions of dollars, hiring consultants to come in and tell them how to do they're jobs.

The executives running this country, along with government, rape us, to live so extravengently, and then the President, has the nerve to threaten to stop social security. Do you have any idea what would happen to this country if that happened? I mean think about the repercussions of the decissions these people are making. They are all incompetent leaders, hiring aides to do they're work for them, and we're paying them and for the ruin of our country.

I know Obama inherrited a huge debt, but he has not corrected it...he's made it worse, all they do is continue to rape middle class and poor people financially...and WE PAY THEY"RE SALERIES????

I've never seen the incompetence in the workforce as I have seen in the past 15 years. They spend huge amounts of money, and do not care about they're employees at all. And to boot, they reward bad behavior, workers who are constantly never showing up for work 2 and 3 days a week????

I'm an independent voter as I became so sick and tired of each party being corrupt...and if you don't believe that, your drinking cool aid...it's time people of the U.S. started rebelling, b/c if this doesn't stop, it will be utter chaos in this country...they do not do a darn thing about all these people in this country illegally, millions, who do not pay taxes and have been draining our systems for years...not to mention, do not pay they're medical bills, and Obama wants to give these people free medical care????? On us????

Oh, I could go on and on about those world wide organizations who are really running this entire world, going global, and the corporations...

No one, but on one is worth 9 million a year and I realize, there are others out there making so much more...it's becoming an incidious nightmare, and these people don't care, they don't care that every year there are people dying, because they can't afford air conditioning or decent heat???? And the CEO, has the nerve to build a freakin castle? How dare he? How dare PP&L charge us as much as they do to pay this guy every year, and lets not forget Corporate bonuses...

It's dispicable...
And our government is no better.

They are farming our jobs out to other countries, and the quality of those products are shoddy....

Gosh, when are "we the people going to wake up?"

Thanks for listening to my rant...

Old 07-17-2011, 09:20 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The rich people aren't getting your tax money..they are reaping huge gains from their investments.
What one single person has the government given taxpayer money directly to ???

It's banks and corporations that are enjoying taxpayer bailouts, loans, subsidy payments and lucrative government contracts.

And the funny thing is their profits are not even on the radar screen. It's individuals the government has pointed the crowd towards..those "filty rich" are robbing you blind they say.

And just how are they doing that ? If they are robbing you of your tax dollars then wouldn't it be the government handing it over to them ??

The American masses are too gullible. The government says "jump" and they ask "how high" ?

Kinda reminds me of what I read about the Salem witch hunts and how the masses were easily convinced.
WOW...and if you truely belive the wonderful rich are just getting richer because they are such great investors...I have some ocean front property in Arizona I would like to sell to you...

Old 07-17-2011, 09:22 AM

1,258 posts, read 2,313,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
i saw the ceo of pp&l's home yesterday, and without exaggeration, it's at least 300 feet long and as wide. It's all real flagstone, with a circular driveway, built on the top of a mountain, and has got to be at least 4 or 5 stories high. It's got rounded towers built into the walls called drum towers, and all summer long, starting in early spring, all day long, he's had tri-axil dump trucks going back and forth, building up the side of the mountain for his inground swimming pool, and oh, it's got an elevator in it.

I've never seen such a home here in the united states, except the castle in the clouds in nh and the newport mansions...it modistly resembles the castle in the clouds, however it's higher.

These people should be ashamed of themselves...the ceo of our company makes 9 million dollars a year, and they spend millions of dollars, hiring consultants to come in and tell them how to do they're jobs.

The executives running this country, along with government, rape us, to live so extravengently, and then the president, has the nerve to threaten to stop social security. Do you have any idea what would happen to this country if that happened? I mean think about the repercussions of the decissions these people are making. They are all incompetent leaders, hiring aides to do they're work for them, and we're paying them and for the ruin of our country.

I know obama inherrited a huge debt, but he has not corrected it...he's made it worse, all they do is continue to rape middle class and poor people financially...and we pay they"re saleries????

I've never seen the incompetence in the workforce as i have seen in the past 15 years. They spend huge amounts of money, and do not care about they're employees at all. And to boot, they reward bad behavior, workers who are constantly never showing up for work 2 and 3 days a week????

I'm an independent voter as i became so sick and tired of each party being corrupt...and if you don't believe that, your drinking cool aid...it's time people of the u.s. Started rebelling, b/c if this doesn't stop, it will be utter chaos in this country...they do not do a darn thing about all these people in this country illegally, millions, who do not pay taxes and have been draining our systems for years...not to mention, do not pay they're medical bills, and obama wants to give these people free medical care????? On us????

Oh, i could go on and on about those world wide organizations who are really running this entire world, going global, and the corporations...

No one, but on one is worth 9 million a year and i realize, there are others out there making so much more...it's becoming an incidious nightmare, and these people don't care, they don't care that every year there are people dying, because they can't afford air conditioning or decent heat???? And the ceo, has the nerve to build a freakin castle? How dare he? How dare pp&l charge us as much as they do to pay this guy every year, and lets not forget corporate bonuses...

It's dispicable...
And our government is no better.

They are farming our jobs out to other countries, and the quality of those products are shoddy....

Gosh, when are "we the people going to wake up?"

thanks for listening to my rant...
amen!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 09:31 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,774,856 times
Regarding the depth and mess inherited by Obama and which people say he has not solved.
I don't drive, but I have heard that when you are in danger of skidding off the road in a corner, you should accelerate rather than slow down

Old 07-17-2011, 09:41 AM

89,124 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Soak? Why would a rich person care if he has 500 million, a billion or 5 billion to spend? I am talking about wealth they have withdrawn from society, not assets like the money invested in start-ups or other companies employing people.
What wealth 'withdrawn from society?' Are you seriously under the impression that the 'rich' just have piles of money sitting around, dormant?

Quote:
I had also made more specific suggestion, quoting myself: "How about taxing capital depending on what is done with it, and in the case of investments on the duration, i.e. punish speculation and promote long-term investments."
Bad idea. That would have the effect of locking capital into unproductive endeavors just to avoid heavy taxation. That would stagnate and kill the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies