Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times

Advertisements

So much hate for California... If you don't like it, don't live here! The company I work for is thriving any growing and part of it is our location. I love living here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 11:13 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So much hate for California... If you don't like it, don't live here! The company I work for is thriving any growing and part of it is our location. I love living here
I LOVE California, but I am glad I moved away from it.

You have to see that this will hurt California, but more importantly California will then try to move this to the National level evident in this statement:

Quote:
"California's new requirement will generate badly needed state revenue and send a signal to Congress that "we want to see a national solution" to the issue of taxing Internet sales, Dombrowski said."
Keep the "tax it more" mentality in California please.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:31 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,013,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I LOVE California, but I am glad I moved away from it.

You have to see that this will hurt California, but more importantly California will then try to move this to the National level evident in this statement:

Keep the "tax it more" mentality in California please.
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

-Ronald Reagan

Old 06-30-2011, 11:36 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,042,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Gladly. Besides, your thread is redundant anyway.

Austin is primarily the bright spot, along with (somewhat) Dallas and Houston.

Dallas and Houston? Ummmmmm have you ever been to these cities? Obviously not. Some of the most polluted, crime ridden, poverty stricken third world cities in the entire nation. You couldn't pay me to live in those crap hole of cities. No offense to anyone that does LOL.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Amazon does have affiliates in California, that they have now told to move out of the state:

So glad I left that state.
I have purchased my share of Amazon.com products from affiliates.

i tend to do a bit of research on them, before i buy. i notice that many of them are corporations that are nothing more than warehouses, near the LA-Long Beach port. They import crap from China and sell it on the internet.

given the extremely high number of ebay sellers, Amazon affiliates, and web-based retailers i've seen in the southern california area, i have to think this will have a major impact.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Amazon prefers Seattle for it's highly educated and informed population and workforce. They're adding jobs there and not Texas. The poverty rates in Texas are horrible, so I can't see why a tech company would want to move there.

The economy in Texas is booming because of natural resource industries. I haven't seen any data linking it to the business environment.
hmmm, I fail to understand why the poverty rate in Texas would have any impact on why a high tech company would want to avoid the state.

In addition to poverty Texas also has several very high ranking Universities that produce a well educated workforce, great infrastructure, a solid and stable business climate, and pretty nice weather all told.

It is true, we lack certain enlightened notions like pot smoking and the wearing of Birkenstocks and Nehru jackets.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
liberals never met a tax they didnt like putting on the middleclass

btw I thing we should have ONLY a sales(consumption tax)
......do away with the stupid income tax....only an idiot would want to tax income...then again liberals love screwing the middleclass

Old 06-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
somee of the most polluted, crime ridden, poverty stricken third world cities in the entire nation. .
sounds like downtown LA

Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It's about damn time! Score 1 for the traditional brick and mortar retailer!!!

Old 06-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

-Ronald Reagan
"The federal government has taken too much tax money from the people, too much authority from the states, and too much liberty with the Constitution." --- Ronald Reagan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies