Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 05:28 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times

Advertisements

This thread is preposterous chickenhawk nonsense. War with Iran would ruin the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
We are almost ruined by these wars already. A war with Iran would be a disaster.

It seems to me the Iranians would take over the Saudis. This would allow non monopoly oil marketing. I think that is a desirable outcome.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea...i bet.

Sure is easy to advocate for more wars when you're in no position to fight one.
it is also easy to judge someone while sitting behind a computer screen. you have no idea what i am about or willing to do if the need arises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Evil exists, and we are all guilty of it at one time or another, imo.

If someone doesn't like me, I just mind my own business.

Peace,
brian
your stance is fine, until that person who doesnt like decides to attack you. what will you do then?

Old 07-05-2011, 10:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
it is also easy to judge someone while sitting behind a computer screen. you have no idea what i am about or willing to do if the need arises.

your stance is fine, until that person who doesnt like decides to attack you. what will you do then?
As a Christian, I'd say "do nothing." Christians are called to suffer, rather than cause suffering.

If we treat others kindly, they will treat us in the same way. For the rest, God will protect us. After all, isn't there a phrase on American currency that says, "in God we trust??"

Peace,
brian

Old 07-05-2011, 12:32 PM

1,123 posts, read 776,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Are you in uniform? Are you volunteering? Do you have children? Will you willingly sacrifice them for another useless war?

If not, what are YOU waiting for?
#1- I'd fly the FIRST plane over there

#2 - so did you volunteer for the local police and fire department? Or do you not get to use either since you did not work for either?

Is this 3rd grade?

Old 07-05-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Amen. I'd love to see all the fat, bald white guys gear up, grab their rifles, and put their wishes into action.
No need to sweetie - that's why the rest of the country pays TAXES for its VOLUNTEER army.

And I do find it hilarious how the far left psychotics decry potential casualties in an iranian attack - but have of course no comment on the thousands of PREVIOUS, recent deaths and injuries at the hands of iran over the past 30 years.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because they do what their boss tells them to do. The only country hated more than the U.S. in that part of the world is Israel. Our illegal wars of aggression are not enough, and will never be enough, to satisfy the military industrial complex. We gain access to oil and these corporations who profit have a private army at their disposal with a Republican in charge.Just ignore all the dead families.
Can the far left psychotics make up their mind already?

One minute the conspiracy is israel runs the US, the next minute its "israel is a client state of the US."

Stick to one set of idiocies, please.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Are you volunteering yourself to do the fighting?
And this is relevent why? Or does this mean I cannot call the fire department or police if I don't volunteer?

Does this idiocy mean that when congress and a president declare war, they have to take up arms as well

Old 07-05-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I'm assuming you're going to participate in this war and be on the front lines?

If so, go ahead.
Yet another nonsensical, immature and infantile deflective tactic the far left psychotics are known for.

Can't address how iran is murdering US soldiers and other innocents across the middle east, so its onto the personal attack meaningless tripe.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Crocodile tears.
Sure it is - for a guy claiming to have served, you have no issue with iran having killed thousands of fellow soldiers. Yeah, you're credible

Quote:
You could say the same about the US.
So you are saying the US is a cancer and should be destroyed? Are you mentally ill? Sounds like it.

More hilarious lies:

Quote:
The Brits were relying on an invalid treaty to support their claims, that's why the Brits, who by the way wrote the freaking UNCLOS, were forced to eat Humble Crow Pie and back down.
and this:

Quote:
Great. Someone else who is clueless. Iran is not developing nuclear weapons and their missiles do not have "nuclear payload capability."
are simply too funny. For the adults, here are some corrective links:

DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

"Conspiracy of silence over four Iranian nuclear-capable missile tests "

2007 Iranian seizure of Royal Navy personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A year later, a British investigation report[2] was released which stated that the area in which the incident took place was not covered by any formal agreement between Iran and Iraq.[3][4]"...While innocent passage is permitted in each others' waters, boarding and compliance inspections in another state's waters would not be lawful.[28]

Since they were in international waters - they were illegally seized by iran. Any more nonsense you want to give us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies