Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 01:42 PM

13,714 posts, read 9,043,037 times

Advertisements

Nuclear = Nuke-EE-Ah-Ler

Nuclear

Just like for golfer Jack Nicklaus:

Nick-el-ah-less

Must add the 'ah' to words here in Texas

Tex-ah-ass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 02:01 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,866,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Neither: Kim Jong-il
Does he say it in English?

Old 07-05-2011, 02:33 PM

11,762 posts, read 14,687,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
But that's not true at all. Obama's spoken on many occassions - press conference, interviews, townhall meetings - without a teleprompter and done just fine. One need only watch the video of Obama dominating the entire Republican House in Baltimore without any telemprompter. He's a very good speaker.

So, you're wrong. Please adjust your beliefs so they align with the truth. Thank you.
Sorry, that's not how the conservative brain works.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:09 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,723,858 times
Quote:
The sign of a weak mind is one that can only make personal attacks and not formulate a coherent rebuttal. You seem incapable of separating intelligence from belief. People can be very intelligent, as Obama is, and still disagree with you about policy solutions. That does not make in aindividual stupid. And, by all objective measurements at our disposal, I do qualify as quite intelligent. If you have statistical evidence to support your claim that smart people do not know they're smart, I would be happy to review the research.
Quote:
Excepted? Haha. It's ironic that people who can't spell are critiquing Obama's intelligence.. He actually was a community organizer in his early twenties before law school, helping people transition from factory closings. You would prefer your president in a stuffy law firm and not working with the people? Not me.
That does not make in aindividual stupid ? Haha.

As they say: when you point a finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM

1,019 posts, read 591,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Nuclear = Nuke-EE-Ah-Ler

Nuclear

Just like for golfer Jack Nicklaus:

Nick-el-ah-less

Must add the 'ah' to words here in Texas

Tex-ah-ass
Check your temperature. You seem to be overheating!!!!!!

Old 07-05-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The joke is on those who can't differentiate between a good speaker/orator and a smooth talker. You were looking for the latter, no?
I'm looking for a statesman. Unfortunately, we got the Rubbishman.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:33 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,726,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
One spelling error and suddenly I can't spell???? See how cheap and shody your posts are?
You're the one accusing Obama of being stupid. When you prove you can't back it up on your own end, cheap and shody certainly becomes an apt description for your posts.

People from across the political spectrum have told you the same thing: disagreeing with a person's policies does not mean that person is stupid. I'm sure, for example, many liberals disagree with Dennis Miller and Bill O'Reilly. No one in their right mind would call either of those men anything but extremely intelligent.

Old 07-05-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That does not make in aindividual stupid ? Haha.

As they say: when you point a finger at someone, there are three fingers pointing back at you.
Worthy effort, but a fail nonetheless. I'm sure you went digging for that. Unfortunately for you, there's a huge difference between making a typo on a mobile device and using the complete wrong word. I also never claimed to be smarter than our president.

So, the burden of proof is on the individual who made the claim and, having done nothing to prove his mental superiority with his content, we had no choice but to make the assessment based on other factors.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
You're the one accusing Obama of being stupid. When you prove you can't back it up on your own end, cheap and shody certainly becomes an apt description for your posts.

People from across the political spectrum have told you the same thing: disagreeing with a person's policies does not mean that person is stupid. I'm sure, for example, many liberals disagree with Dennis Miller and Bill O'Reilly. No one in their right mind would call either of those men anything but extremely intelligent.
His own stupidity (thinking there are 57 states, for example), prove mine. I may have spelled a word incorrectly a time or two, but I never forgot how many states are in the Union.

It's not my disagreeing with him that makes him stupid, it's his being stupid that makes him stupid.

Stupid is as stupid thinks there are 57 states.

Class over.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
His own stupidity (thinking there are 57 states, for example), prove mine. I may have spelled a word incorrectly a time or two, but I never forgot how many states are in the Union.

It's not my disagreeing with him that makes him stupid, it's his being stupid that makes him stupid.

Stupid is as stupid thinks there are 57 states.

Class over.
See, that's just a tired, cliche radical-partisan default line which, actually, proves my point and says nothing about intelligence (knowing a fact is not equal to knowing how to process concepts and create ideas)

You have one instance where he said the wrong thing - during a time, I'm sure you know, when he was exhausted after a lot of campaigning. He made a mistake earlier in the day also and babbled almost incoherently from exhaustion afterward until his aids took him away.

Again - has nothing to do with intelligence. Please stop this game.

Anyway - I'm sure you're aware that the US has 57 states and territories, no?

Anderson Cooper just dispelled this persistent gimmick after an ignorant congressman took the 57 comment to an absurd new place. His assessment is here: KTH: Gohmert resurrects '57 states' remark – Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

I challenge you to engage your own analytical capacity, move beyond these tired political "gotcha" moments, and really try to understand the complexity of insight required to make effective decisions at the presidential level.

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies