Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll Removed
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 06:37 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
She is to me, and I'm sure many guys on here would tell you the same.
If Casey Anthony is "attractive" then the threshold for attractiveness is simply not set very high. She is an average looking young woman. Not ugly but not pretty either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 06:42 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What doubt?
Casper
Do I think Casey Anthony killed her child?

Hell yes!

Do I think the prosecution in this case establish any link to physical evidence that Casey Anthony killed her daughter?

No!

And neither did the jury. Casey Anthony's fingerprints or DNA was not tried to the duct tape found on her baby. There was no physical evidence tying Casey Anthony to a murder weapon used to kill her baby. As long as that link is not established there is reasonable doubt.

The outrage that is being expressed of this verdict is pure nonsense. The State of Flordia simply did not prove their case to the jury. It does not change the fact that this little girl is dead. Also, the same people who were glued to their HLN during this trial are the same people who ignore the child abuse that is happening right next door or down the street from them.

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
Put some makeup on her and she's not bad. Ive seen Katy Perry with no makeup and it takes nothing short of wizardry to make her look like she does.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
We saw it everyday in school. We see it everyday in the work place.
Attractive people get cut more slack than those who are average or less.
I see it where I work. The cute girl doesnt like the dirty jobs, its amazing how they always get assigned what they like or they get a helper when others don't.
If casey had been 100 pounds over weight?? No slack what so ever.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Do I think Casey Anthony killed her child?

Hell yes!

Do I think the prosecution in this case establish any link to physical evidence that Casey Anthony killed her daughter?

No!

And neither did the jury. Casey Anthony's fingerprints or DNA was not tried to the duct tape found on her baby. There was no physical evidence tying Casey Anthony to a murder weapon used to kill her baby. As long as that link is not established there is reasonable doubt.
It annoys me that people will believe anything a prosecutor says and automatically assume someone is guilty just because the State said so. The point of a fair justice system is that everyone has a chance at their day in court, and everyone has a chance to prove their innocence or non-guilt. It's the State's job to determine, without a reasonable doubt, that the evidence links her to the crime. Tinpot dictatorships operate exactly how some people in this forum feel the case should have ended. Guilt without substantiated proof

Old 07-05-2011, 06:56 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,580 times
wow, bernard goldberg hit it out of the park on oreilly tonight.

he is right when he says if caylee anthony was black this wouldn't have gotten 10 minutes of coverage.
i remember that black girl that was kidnapped in DC and nobody ever said anything about that.

he also said this is a low point of american society and fascination with reality tv, which i also agree with.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
the same people who ignore the child abuse that is happening right next door or down the street from them.
Ugh. Your comment reminded me of this tragic story:

"Locked in a dog cage naked or chained to a bed frame, 13-year-old Christian Choate wouldn’t make much noise because if he did, the beatings would get worse. The boy, found buried in a shallow grave near his former mobile home one week ago, had been abused for two to three years, police said."
Dad, stepmom charged in murder of boy found under concrete slab - Chicago Sun-Times

"In documents released Friday, Christian wrote of how often he had to steal food or use the bathroom in his place of confinement. He said he would be let out to clean or vacuum but had to go back inside immediately afterward, DCS records state. He wrote about other children playing outside while he was confined inside. If he asked for something to do, he was given paper and a pencil, DCS records state. Some of Christian's writings were random, while others appeared to be assignments from his stepmother, Kimberly Kubina Choate. Kubina Choate wrote topics on top of some of the pages including, 'Why do you want to play with your peter? Why do you still want to see your mom? Why can't you let the past go? What does it mean to be part of a family?' DCS records state."

Read more: http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/l...#ixzz1RHa8AHn5

Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
wow, bernard goldberg hit it out of the park on oreilly tonight.

he is right when he says if caylee anthony was black this wouldn't have gotten 10 minutes of coverage.
i remember that black girl that was kidnapped in DC and nobody ever said anything about that.

he also said this is a low point of american society and fascination with reality tv, which i also agree with.
True. There is even a name for it....Missing White Woman (or Girl) Syndrome

Missing white woman syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/ande...ite-woman.html

Old 07-05-2011, 06:59 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.... Casey Anthony is already guilty, that much is obvious... just because you have idiot jurors doesn't mean anything... sometimes I wish more educated/wise people were jurors but its an imperfect system but the best system by far...
You say that people go into court innocent until proven guilty and in the next breath you say that this woman was guilty. Are you saying that in some cases the real method can be used and in some it can't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies