Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:29 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,003,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Yes.
We learn of the 442nd in school [Ohio]also the code talkers in WW2 Einstein theory of time travel MC Squared but my sons and their friends thought i was pulling their leg about time travel and said Who is Einstein? At their age i heard of Einstein... lollol.We also had OHIO History class which i think is gone now?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,632,352 times
So after they start teaching children what a great American Harvey Milk was (although you would never have heard of him if he hadn't been shot), and take a third of the curriculum to discuss whether or not President James Buchanan was gay, what will have been accomplished other than the elimination of more actual history being taught in the schools?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,518,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
So after they start teaching children what a great American Harvey Milk was (although you would never have heard of him if he hadn't been shot), and take a third of the curriculum to discuss whether or not President James Buchanan was gay, what will have been accomplished other than the elimination of more actual history being taught in the schools?
Those students will get all A's if they decide to major in GLBT studies in college.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:40 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,003,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Don't forget the F.B.I.'s J EDGAR HOOVER who dressed up in womens clothing just like GOERING did.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:53 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,131,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
My niece is GAY i 'am enlightened
That means absolutely nothing. You are archaic.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:09 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,269,129 times
Quote:
There are no guidline at this point and it's not going to be a third of any curriculium and it doesn't really take much effort to discuss things like the battle for gay marriage, which is currently being discussed anyway at many schools across the country.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:47 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,339,294 times
Quote:
Don't forget the F.B.I.'s J EDGAR HOOVER who dressed up in womens clothing just like GOERING did.
Mafia?

What mafia?

Poor Bobby Kennedy.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:02 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,141,212 times
Quote:
We learn of the 442nd in school [Ohio]also the code talkers in WW2 Einstein theory of time travel MC Squared but my sons and their friends thought i was pulling their leg about time travel and said Who is Einstein? At their age i heard of Einstein... lollol.We also had OHIO History class which i think is gone now?
Holy COW. I can barely even read this post, but I think it's about how smart you think you are. How ironic.

Yes, Ohio history is still taught in Ohio schools.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:25 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,576,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There shouldn't be any special month, text book, or week to teach any specific ethnic contribution, or any sexual orientations specific contribution.

If you're a great person, then you should be taught in school. Whether you are Frederick Douglas, Neil Armstrong, or Ralph Waldo Emerson, I don't care what you skin color or sexual orientation is, as long as your a great person to teach children about.

Singling out any one race, religion, or sexual orientation only seems to draw to light differences.
agree!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:38 PM

355 posts, read 209,858 times
Once again, liberals place the group before the individual. Race, gender, or sexual preference should not be a prerequisite in order to learn about someone else's accomplishments.

I learned plenty about Keynes as an economic student. Learning that he was gay and had a freaky hand fetish was not important. Learning that McCloskey had a sex change was no big deal either.

Some people are mature enough to see the individual rather than the group. It will be an enlightened day once people start viewing others as individuals rather than people who derive their identify from the larger group. Unfortunately, many modern day liberals need to work on their maturity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies