Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:37 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
That has been done for decades, ie. "the war on drugs", "the war on poverty". Liberals always want to chop the "root" of the problem, but that's only a racket and never works because those people need to want the change themselves. They must be willing to give up their ignorant mindset on their own, nobody else can do that for them.
The black community must show those thugs that they won't be placating to them anyone, they have destroyed those communities with crime and brought conflict with other groups. Stop babying the hoodlums, stop this "no snitching" nonsense, and turn the perps in. Everyone just needs to identify the problem and protect themselves too. A few "ah man, it's all good, just do communities service and give money" from posters like tropolis and Chalie Brown doesn't change the problem or help people.
so go and lead, take charge.

get involved.

you believe you know whats wrong.

go and fix the problem or address it instead of just posting on a internet forum.

better yet, why dont you become a mentor for one of these troubled youths.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:38 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,204,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That's for their own communities to fix. So get with it, didn't you say you were black? My way of fixing it is a bullet to the eye.
Tell us something we don't already know....

Old 07-06-2011, 02:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,354,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
Oh, really? So I must ask, what are you doing to help bring down crime around you? Me personally, I actually lend a hand in the community to help steer at risk children away from the wrong path. What exactly is it that you do besides copy and paste YouTube videos for you and your cohorts to shake your heads at?

As a matter of fact, what are the rest of you doing to help alleviate the problems that you so keenly point out as being such a serious issue? You know what they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Or would you rather just wait until the problem reaches your neighborhood so that you can cry..what's the word? Victim?
I teach firearms and self defense classes. Those who are smart enough to not want to be victims take such classes.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:40 PM

717 posts, read 900,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
That has been done for decades, ie. "the war on drugs", "the war on poverty". Liberals always want to chop the "root" of the problem, but that's only a racket and never works because those people need to want the change themselves. They must be willing to give up their ignorant mindset on their own, nobody else can do that for them.
The black community must show those thugs that they won't be placating to them anyone, they have destroyed those communities with crime and brought conflict with other groups. Stop babying the hoodlums, stop this "no snitching" nonsense, and turn the perps in. Everyone just needs to identify the problem and protect themselves too. A few "ah man, it's all good, just do communities service and give money" from posters like tropolis and Chalie Brown doesn't change the problem or help people.
Spoken like a true soldier of the "do nothing" crowd.

It's laughable that you think my efforts in the community is all about coddling them with food stamps and sneakers. That's alright, though. It's clear I just need to leave this alone. God bless you, sir.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM

78,518 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
what chalie is saying is talk is cheap.

if you really want to fix the problem, go out and do something about it.

posting all day online isnt going to do anything except make you look bad in the end, as it shows you arn't serious and are just bored wanting attention.

go out and deal with these youths.

fix the problem instead of sitting on the sideline, thats what chalie brown is saying.
That's part of what he's saying and certainly something I agree with.

There is an undertone of defensiveness on the issue because of sensitivity to the racial background of the criminals and the media attention. However on that point I generally agree with Charlie that this is nothing new and a function of the distruction of the black family in past decades....for which there is plenty of blame to go around.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,000 times
Quote:
That's for their own communities to fix. So get with it, didn't you say you were black? My way of fixing it is a bullet to the eye.
im mixed(half white/half black).

and no, just because i have a similar skin color does not mean i should be responsible for what other people with similar color do, and it doesn't mean i should care about what other people do, just because they have a similar skin color as I.

what one black does or what one white does, or what many whites do or many blacks do has nothing to do with me. i should not have to help people just because they look like me, or whatever similarity, just as whites shouldn't have to help bring up poor and criminal whites because they themselves are white.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:43 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,466,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
for which there is plenty of blame to go around.
It ALL starts at home.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Perhaps we can clone the dad from "Everybody Hates Chris" and assign him to every fatherless household.

There will be some kids getting some long overdue *ahem* attention for acting the fool and the ladies will be happy too. LOL.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM

717 posts, read 900,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I chose not to have 6 kids with 4 different women and not be a dad to any of them.

I'm raising my sons to respect and treat everyone fairly, not steal and be honest. Between raising them alone, working etc. I don't have the kind of time to do serious mentoring but it is something I would be interested in down the road. However, trying to paint me as part of the problem is laughable...I'm taking care of my business.

I honestly don't give a crap about the skin color of the criminals involved here, it's moot. However, there has been a growing number of highprofile copycat actions like this and it's making the news. Chicago in particular had a bunch the last few months.
Well if you have an interest in mentoring but simply don't have the time, then it should be clear I'm not talking about you, sir. Everyone here does not have the head on their shoulders that you do, which is a shame.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
It ALL starts at home.
Well duh. But when the home is broken (which is highly correlated to kids going down the wrong path) then what?

There are huge historical precedents from society as a whole stepping in when individuals invariably fail due to war, disease, social woes and so on.

My friend is adopting 2 kids from a REALLY bad situation and will be trying to get them back on the straight and narrow after they've spent their early years learning some bad habits. (And he is the guy to do it.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies