Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 01:08 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON, July 6 (UPI) -- Republicans are trying to keep young people, blacks and Hispanics from voting, former U.S. President Bill Clinton said Wednesday.

In a speech to Campus Progress' annual conference in Washington, Clinton compared efforts to change voting laws to those in the South during the Jim Crow era, CNN reported.

Read more: Bill Clinton: GOP trying to limit voting - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 01:14 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
WASHINGTON, July 6 (UPI) -- Republicans are trying to keep young people, blacks and Hispanics from voting, former U.S. President Bill Clinton said Wednesday.

In a speech to Campus Progress' annual conference in Washington, Clinton compared efforts to change voting laws to those in the South during the Jim Crow era, CNN reported.

Clinton is right. The GOP favors Jim Crow more than it does not and this doesn't surprise me. The don't have young people, blacks, hispanics on their side. They are in serious trouble unless they do something drastic. They certainly can't win on their merits because they stink.

I have to admit. I find the GOP shamefully disgusting as a political party and they no longer deserve respect. Kudos to Clinton for speaking out.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:27 AM

513 posts, read 581,086 times
Quote:
"There has never been in my lifetime, since we got rid of the poll tax and all the voter Jim Crow burdens on voting, the determined effort to limit a franchise that we see today," he said.
Examples Clinton brought up include Gov. Rick Scott's bid to reverse a Florida law allowing ex-convicts to vote once they are off probation and a plan in New Hampshire to bar students from registering to vote at their college addresses.
In 2008, the number of younger voters, many of them supporters of then-Sen. Barack Obama, was at an all-time high. The youth vote dropped sharply in 2010 when Republicans regained a majority in the House.
"They are trying to make the 2012 electorate look more like the 2010 electorate than the 2008 electorate," Clinton said. "Are you fighting? You should be fighting it."
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
So Democrat voters should be allowed to register in multiple districts and vote more than once? Illegal aliens and convicted criminals should be allowed to vote while the ballots from our armed servicemen and women are discounted? The left says the GOP wants to take us back to the Jim Crow era simply because they want to keep our elections honest. Why am I not surprised? I guess because election fraud is one of the few tools the left has left in its arsenal and without it, they'll be relegated to permanent minority status. Absolutely and utterly disgusting.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
There's nothing stopping a college student from voting while away in college. They can vote in their home district via absentee ballots. Requiring proof of ID helps to prevent voter fraud. I'd love to see a national voter registration database which would be connected so that if you register to vote in another state, your previous registration is deleted from the previous state. That would put a stop to northeast liberals voting in NY and then flying to their Florida summer home and voting there on the same day.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:03 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
The question should be why are the Democrats in favor of voter fraud? Every Republican candidate should be asking that question.

You can't get a library card without showing ID. Think of how many times you've been asked for identification not related to driving to prove you are who you say you are. I can't cash my own check at my own bank without showing them ID which they write on the check.

And come on, students with no ID?

Old 07-07-2011, 06:09 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Poor Dems, a mere shadow of a once proud party, they endorse voter fraud as their crusade for victory at any price marches on. Fortunately no amount of voter fraud will save them this election cycle.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:12 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Clinton is right. The GOP favors Jim Crow more than it does not and this doesn't surprise me. The don't have young people, blacks, hispanics on their side. They are in serious trouble unless they do something drastic. They certainly can't win on their merits because they stink.

I have to admit. I find the GOP shamefully disgusting as a political party and they no longer deserve respect. Kudos to Clinton for speaking out.
Bill should have included a paragraph about ACORN and its voter fraud tactics.

..........Oh,.....one may suppose you just "conveniently" forgot that part of the equation....

If it were left up to the Dimocrats, there would be NO voter registeration requirement, and anyone should be allowed to vote regardless of citizenship.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:12 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

the GOP favors jim crow laws? it has always been the democrats that favor jim crow laws, just ask dianne feinstein and chucky (the cheese) schumer about that, they favor jim crow firearms laws that deny firearms to the poor and lower class.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:17 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
This is just more proof that liberal weenies are a joke and should never be taken seriously.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:19 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

LOL.

It's well known that rain keeps blacks away, indifference keeps the youth away and trouble with the english language keeps hispanics away.

I sure hope that obama keeps trying to act "hip" and courting the youth vote.

He's sure to get 95% of the black vote again, as long as it doesn't rain on election day.

What a constituency to count on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies