Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
What are you talking about now? I don't even feel the need to respond to all your little what-ifs there, they are not based in reality, and the ones that are could be avoided if people just had taken a little more responsibility for their actions. Besides which, you know DAMN WELL that these are not the normal situations PP sees.

For many, it is an "out." For many it's not, and even when it is an "out," it's probably still a hard decision to make. I am not downplaying that at all, but that doesn't change the fact that it's taking a life.

What is your point with the ONE stuff? I'm well aware there are other options, I'm not following your point, as this thread is about abortions.
Oh, yeah. Rape, abuse, particularly child abuse, infidelity on the part of the husband, all these could be avoided with a little "responsibility". Um, hm! How do you know about PP's clinetele? Do you go there?

Old 07-16-2011, 07:55 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

Here's another deep question you also continue to be unable to answer, why would anyone go to the corner store and buy spermicide when PP supplies it at half the cost or free.
B/c the deadbeats would much rather mooch off the hardworking taxpayer, haven't you figured that out yet? Thanks for making our point for us.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Since you seem to know where people are getting their BC, maybe you could tell us.
You're a nurse, you should know. I personally saw a GYN yearly who would write me a script, then I would take it to whichever pharmacy and get it filled.
Quote:

Who's this "we", Kemosabe?
The American people?

Quote:

Who's this "we" again? Are you part of some CD "get the liberals" group?
Conservatives.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
You're a nurse, you should know. I personally saw a GYN yearly who would write me a script, then I would take it to whichever pharmacy and get it filled.
The American people?

Conservatives.
The same thing happens at PP. Some people from your GYN's office probably paid with medicaid and get their prescriptions filled by medicaid.

Are you speaking for all conservatives? If not, please don't pretend you are. I'm libertarian enough to feel that I speak for myself on CD. I guess cons don't do that, there's safety in numbers.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

Care to actually address facts? Like PP is mostly a general health care clinic that provides counelsing and birth control as part of those services?

Why aren't you against the public clinics that provide the same services?

The point is, they don't need federal funds to do it. If PP can stand on its own, be my guest.

The health dept is a whole 'nother topic for another day.

And I personally was LOLing when I read KU's comment about the hanger.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
And everyone has car insurance? Can you prove that the next guy with you on the road has car insurance?
Nope, but I am smart and have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, so I don't really care if they have it or not.

Quote:
And everyone has health insurance? Can you prove that the next person you stand in line behind at your local fast food shop, has health insurance?
Nope, many people don't, what's your point?
Quote:

you are required, and can get into trouble, but thousands of people everyday are on the road without insurance.

And even if you have insurance, doesn't MEAN they actually will pay when you're in accident.
Yes it does, that's what insurance is for.

Quote:

My cousin had to fight the insurance company of the man that hit her in a cross walk which caused her to get a steel rod placed down her spine, and 8 months of Physical Therapy. Her bills totaled to more than $400,000 and the guy didn't have on his insurance policy to cover her medical procedures. The insurance company was fighting every bill that she submitted to them . 5 years later, she had to resort to filing a lawsuit against the insurance company and the man that hit her to try and compensate for the $300,000 worth of bills she still has to pay off.
She was not in a vehicle when it happened so I don't know how that works, but I guess that's how it goes. Sucks, but that's not what we're talking about here.
Quote:
My dad's accident was nearly a quarter of a million dollars (she ran him off the road while trying to turn into a driveway). since he was out of work, he had no health insurance coverage. The woman who hit him didn't have insurance. So he had to SUE her. She claimed bankruptcy before it went to trial. So no compensation on his end.
Health insurance does not cover auto accidents, so that's a moot point.

If he was in a car, his insurance would have covered it, especially if he has uninsured motorist coverage. I fail to see how a car accident when during into a driveway would have cost $250k, seems a *bit* of an exaggeration, but whatever. It has nothing to do with this topic.

Quote:

Obviously you've never been in an accident with someone who didn't have insurance. Or inadequate coverage.
I don't know if I have or haven't, I have uninsured/underinsured coverage so I don't really care what other people have.

Quote:

Unless you can't afford it or if you have no insurance, then that is passed on to...you know who? Tax payers.
Again, it's a requirement to have car insurance, and people who don't have it are few and far between. They will suspend your license if you don't have it, get pulled over and you're screwed royally. People know the penalties so they keep insurance on their vehicles.

BUT WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD????

I can relate the last part to the psychology of consequences, which is what others of us were saying with regard to not providing "outs" for people who want to sleep around. Take away PP and the like, you will see the pregnancy rate drop like a stone.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:15 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
B/c the deadbeats would much rather mooch off the hardworking taxpayer, haven't you figured that out yet? Thanks for making our point for us.
Again the obvious is lost on you...

According to your lack of logic people will pass by their neighborhood PP where they can afford birth control and travel into another area to pay double or more what PP was offering just because they don't want to be seen as dead beats!!

Really...that's the best you have to offer??!!...well from you it's becoming the norm.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Yes, I took two semesters of it (was going to go into counseling) and I can say that you are full of it.

Reinforcement? Any psychiatrist worth his/her salt knows that reinforcement is only successful if the person is willing to accept it. Negative reinforcement never works (as we can see with our prison system).
Bahaha, I have a bachelor's in psychology so I think I know just a leeeeetle more than you. We're not talking about psychiatry here, we're talking about psychology. And no, it has nothing to do with if a person is willing to accept it or not, and negative reinforcement IS what works. Punishment is what generally does not work.

FAILLLLLLLLLLL again.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Translation: "I'm too lazy to do my own research, and I rather spew pro-life nonsense than deal with scientific fact and social issues."

Oh you have stats to back that up? of course you dont.

That isn't a fact. that is your ignorant filled opinion.
Translation: You are just yammering and I have no patience to read your long ass posts anymore.

I don't have stats on the middle thing, I said I would "bet," don't you understand what that means?

The last part is a fact, I have stats on it before but I don't have the energy to go look them up yet again. Maybe try using the search function if you really want to know.

I swear it's like talking to a wall with some of you people.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Nope, but I am smart and have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, so I don't really care if they have it or not.

Nope, many people don't, what's your point?
Yes it does, that's what insurance is for.

She was not in a vehicle when it happened so I don't know how that works, but I guess that's how it goes. Sucks, but that's not what we're talking about here.
Health insurance does not cover auto accidents, so that's a moot point.

If he was in a car, his insurance would have covered it, especially if he has uninsured motorist coverage. I fail to see how a car accident when during into a driveway would have cost $250k, seems a *bit* of an exaggeration, but whatever. It has nothing to do with this topic.

I don't know if I have or haven't, I have uninsured/underinsured coverage so I don't really care what other people have.

Again, it's a requirement to have car insurance, and people who don't have it are few and far between. They will suspend your license if you don't have it, get pulled over and you're screwed royally. People know the penalties so they keep insurance on their vehicles.

BUT WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD????

I can relate the last part to the psychology of consequences, which is what others of us were saying with regard to not providing "outs" for people who want to sleep around. Take away PP and the like, you will see the pregnancy rate drop like a stone.
1. Car insurance is supposed to cover injuries sustained in auto accidents.

2. You are the one who brought up car insurance, as some sort of analogy, which failed.

3. The pregnancy rate is dropping right now; I think if people had fewer resources for pregnancy prevention, the rate would increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies