Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 03:41 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,982,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
It is interesting to find and only 18% of the voters are people who declared themselves to of tea party or aligned with them and yet they are said to control the republican party. I was curious as to who these tea party people are and learned that they generally over 45, 90% white, mostly from the south, earning $50k plus, 80% conservatives, and 50% evangelists.

To answer the OP's question; yes I think they are a bunch of religious nuts trying to impose their will on America. Pro tea party candidate Bachman stated she will overturn NY's gay rights bill if elected while being married to a loon who claims he can cure homosexuality as if being gay was a disease.

If you are not a tea party person, and that is 80% of America, I suggest you boycott their businesses.
I spoke with a woman who owns a doughnut shop and claims to be a born-again and a tea party person. She enjoys a nice income from her business while employing people at minimum wage with no medical insurance. This is not how to grow America.
Not to many of us on this forum mostly Repubs and Tea people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm proud to be a religious fanatic. I'm a fanatic for Jesus Christ and I am not ashamed. I will stand for the republican party and make sure they kick the liberals to the curb once and for all. You guys have got to go.
I wasn't saying not to love Jesus, view the video I posted, is this what Jesus would do?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
People actually listen to Rachel Maddow and believe anything she says? lol

The Democrats have gone overboard with their anti-christian homofascist agenda.
LOL, so everyone is anti-christian left or right who does not believe in the Sun Godess and all that bull in the video.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Eh, if any of you don't like Maddow, that's fine. All these videos are pastors invited by Rick Perry in their own words, given quite a fair bit of context if I do say so myself. Each one more insane than the last. But like the OP I can't seem to find any one more memorable than that the Japanese stock market is down because the emperor boned the sun goddess Amaterasu.

Laughs were had.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFish2 View Post
Obama's church claimed that whites are to blame for everything..and all kinds of outlandish crap. He's your President now...
OK did you take the time to read the title of this thread? I know its an eye opener.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
People actually listen to Rachel Maddow and believe anything she says? lol

The Democrats have gone overboard with their anti-christian homofascist agenda.
Is that what Glenn Beck taught you?

Old 07-18-2011, 10:25 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Why in the world would they want to stand beside these people?

It has gone way too far, I believe it now. Do all the republicans like what is happening here? Is Perry out of his mind?

Japans problems caused by some imagined Sun Goddess etc.

Rachel Maddow Show
Short and generalized answer to your thread title..............YES!!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:41 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Clue, you are going against the TOS here by attacking or discussing other posters here.
Casper
Yeah .. I've noticed the 'nanny style' of protection on these forums.

I have to give Koz and The DU tons of credit for the very reason that .. if someone is an a$$ on their forum, can't defend their pathetic positions .. You may call them what they are .. An a$$ and pathetic!

(No mommy mods at Those sites and .. I'm one of their so-called pathetic a$$e$)

Almost forgot .. I may not care much for those other forums but there seems to be less lefty 'crybabies'?

Old 07-19-2011, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
They are not controlled. The funny thing is, that you lefties think that the Tea Party is made up of old white Americans. What you don't know is that it is made up of every race and age group, and Independants, AND fed up Dems as well.
Try going to a Tea Party rally. Don't watch what is edited on Maddow, go to a real one. And therefore you can see for yourself.
What plan does Obama have for getting us our of this mess that he put us in? He has none. He just shoots down all the plans that the R's put down, but has no counter offer, does he.
That is why Perry could win. And that is why the left attacks anyone who could beat Obama. They do it out of fear. Plain and simple.
Anyone who is not Obama ism in their eyes, crazy. OOOOh they pray, therefore they must be crazy. OOOOOOH Palin's voice is annyoing, therfore she must be crazy. The list goes on, yet there is no proof of her, or anyone else actually being crazy.
Where does it say all the lefties is made up of old white people?

The mess started to happen back with the Gulf War which I put in another post, after that one thing happened after another over the time span, it was unfortunate Obama got stuck with the mess, how many disasters have we had since he took office besides the financial mess, can't blame him for that one, that was a long time coming.

Isn't the right the ones shooting things down, its their way or the highway?

Perry is not going to win anything.

No they don't do it out of fear, fear of what? I believe most people pray but do not go into extremes about it as those shown in the video.

I'm ashamed to say I voted for Bush the 1st time, you can call me a lefty or whatever.

I am what I am and thats all what I am, I'm like Popeye the sailor man.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:38 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
No that wasn't my first problem, I had that years ago, Sorry I don't have a problem at the present moment, she didn't make up the video or Ric Perry or those crazed idiots. We shall see at his Prayer meeting or whatever it is.

Say and spin anything? I think you meant the Republicans or the Tea Party or whoever controls them.
I don't get what your problem is with Christian's uniting together and calling on God to turn our country back to Him. Christian's for the most part see this country relying more on man than on God and as the Bible says if the people leave God, He will leave the people. Nothing worse than the left thinking their President who ever they pick will be the answer.

The Republicans are not speaking to all who don't want to listen, some on the left have their God (Usually MAN) and the Right has theirs (God of Heaven).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies