Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:33 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I was going to say. The President and the Democrats have gone out of their way to prove that white Christian males are unneeded and unwanted both in their "progressive" party and in this country. They actually refer to the Tea Party as "terrorists" for crying out loud. That's what passes as leadership for them nowadays.
If that's true, explain the leading Democrats of the day? Lets just take a look at the Senate:

Of the 51 Democratic senators, 39 are men (of the 12 women, all are white - 10 are Christian, 2 Jewish). Of those 39 men, 39 are white men. Of those 39 white men, 8 are Jewish and 29 are Christian. Only 2 are nonreligious (the senators from Colorado).

It seems to me the Democrats most certainly welcome white Christian males into the fold.

Mark Begich - Catholic
Mark Pryor - Southern Baptist
Dianne Feinstein - Jewish
Barbara Boxer - Jewish
Mark Udall - Nonobservant
Michael Bennett - Nonobservant (but says he believes in God)
Joe Lieberman - Orthodox Jew
Richard Blumenthal - Jewish
Tom Carper - Presbyterian
Chris Coons - Presbyterian
Bill Nelson - Baptist
Daniel Inouye - Methodist
Daniel Akaka - United Church of Christ
Dick Durbin - Catholic
Tom Harkin - Catholic
Mary Landrieu - Catholic
Barbara Mikulski - Catholic
Bed Cardin - Jewish
John Kerry - Catholic
Carl Levin - Jewish
Debbie Stabenow - Methodist
Amy Klobuchar - Congregationalist
Al Franken - Jewish
Claire McCaskill - Catholic
Max Baucus - United Church of Christ
Jon Tester - Church of God
Ben Nelson - Methodist
Harry Reid - Mormon
Jeanne Shaheen - Christian
Frank Lautenberg - Jewish
Bob Menendez - Catholic
Jeff Bingaman - Methodist
Tom Udall - Mormon
Chuch Schumer - Jewish
Kristen Gillibrand - Catholic
Kay Hagan - Presbyterian
Kent Conrad - Unitarian Universalist
Sherrod Brown - Lutheran
Ron Wyden - Jewish
Jeff Merkley - Lutheran
Bob Casey - Catholic
Jack Reed - Catholic
Sheldon Whitehouse - Episcopalian
Tim Johnson - Lutheran
Pat Leahy - Catholic
Jim Webb - Christian
Mark Warner - Presbyterian
Patty Murray - Catholic
Maria Cantwell - Catholic
Jay Rockefeller - Presbyterian
Joe Manchin - Catholic
Herb Kohl - Jewish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 10:40 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
A quote from Bachmann:

‘This is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan, I think, to say this is gay. It's anything but gay.’
She added: ‘If you're involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage.
'Personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement. And that's why this is so dangerous.’

Read more: Michele Bachmann says gays are 'part of Satan' and homosexual life is 'bondage' | Mail Online
True, I did not quote everything she said. Nevertheless, she did not say that "gay people are a part of Satan" and that is how she is being quoted. She said, as I quoted in my previous post, ""We need to have profound compassion........" I follow her lead in that I do have compassion for people who are trying to come to terms with their sexual inclinations. Not everyone makes it to a state of self-acceptance whether they are gay or not.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
True, I did not quote everything she said. Nevertheless, she did not say that "gay people are a part of Satan" and that is how she is being quoted. She said, as I quoted in my previous post, ""We need to have profound compassion........" I follow her lead in that I do have compassion for people who are trying to come to terms with their sexual inclinations. Not everyone makes it to a state of self-acceptance whether they are gay or not.
Yeah, "profound compassion" for mentally ill, sexually dysfunctional, evil homosexuals from Satan. It's amazing the depths some people will go to in order to re-brand their judgemental, irrational hatred and fear as "love" and "compassion." Give us a break already. Come on Michelle - just be the proud, hateful bigot you are.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:49 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Yeah, "profound compassion" for mentally ill, sexually dysfunctional, evil homosexuals from Satan. It's amazing the depths some people will go to in order to re-brand their judgemental, irrational hatred and fear as "love" and "compassion." Give us a break already. Just be the proud, hateful bigot you are.
wow, that's harsh and judgmental.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Yeah, "profound compassion" for mentally ill, sexually dysfunctional, evil homosexuals from Satan. It's amazing the depths some people will go to in order to re-brand their judgemental, irrational hatred and fear as "love" and "compassion." Give us a break already. Just be the proud, hateful bigot you are.
^^^^^

And you can be a judgmental bigot toward Michelle Bachmann.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
wow, that's harsh and judgmental.
So? If someone attacks me as a mentally ill sex deviant sent from the depths of hell and uses that characterization to take away my rights, suppress me, and treat me a second class citizen, I should just sit back and take it?

Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
So? If someone attacks me as a mentally ill sex deviant sent from the depths of hell and uses that characterization to take away my rights, suppress me, and treat me a second class citizen, I should just sit back and take it?
You have the "Obama Syndrome". You are too thin skinned. She never said any of those things about gay people.

For the record (again), I don't agree with her views on homosexuality but I don't condemn people who have them. I just think they are not being realistic about it.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
You have the "Obama Syndrome". You are too thin skinned. She never said any of those things about gay people.

For the record (again), I don't agree with her views on homosexuality but I don't condemn people who have them. I just think they are not being realistic about it.
Well, first off let's look at her actions. She's married - strike that - she's submitted to the authority of a man who spends his professional time running a clinic that "cures" people of the mental illness of homosexuality.

She's been a spearhead leader in every front to take away and deny my rights (and those of all homosexuals). She's working as hard as she can to make sure I can't serve in the military, have the 1400 civil rights of a civil marriage contract, adopt or foster a child, teach in a public school, etc. She's a member and special advior to a group (Minnesota Family Council) that was founded for the purpose of preventing Minnesota's sodomy law from being repealed.

And then there are her words. I'll just let a small sample of them speak for themselves:

"It (homosexuality) leads to the personal enslavement of individuals. Because if you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it's bondage. Personal bondage, personal despair, and personal enslavement. And that's why this is so dangerous."

"This (homosexuality) is a very real issue. It's not funny, it's sad. Any of you who have members of your family that are in the lifestyle — we have a member of our family that is. This is not funny. It's a very sad life. It's part of Satan"

"almost all, if not all, individuals who have gone into the lifestyle (homosexuality) have been abused at one time in their life, either by a male or by a female."

"This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children."

"Our children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and that perhaps they should try it"

"the immediate consequence, if gay marriage goes through, is that K-12 little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal, natural and perhaps they should try it."

Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 AM

253 posts, read 201,775 times
Quote:
Isn't that how it always is? These people will preach, judge, cast stones, spout utter filth & hatred over & over & when you decide to respond to it because quite frankly you're pissed & tired of ignorant rants, then they tell you that YOU are the intolerant & judgemental person? Amazing how they can spin it, isn't it?

Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
Isn't that how it always is? These people will preach, judge, cast stones, spout utter filth & hatred over & over & when you decide to respond to it because quite frankly you're pissed & tired of ignorant rants, then they tell you that YOU are the intolerant & judgemental person? Amazing how they can spin it, isn't it?
One can always "take the high road" and let such drivel roll off their backs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies