Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2011, 03:09 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Did I do something to you along in the past? Why all the hate?
Do you really fear flintlock guns? To me a good flintlock is a swiss army knife of the gun tools.

Education is what you make of it. I avoid most of silly modern mans ways, and not afraid to say it.

Living off the land takes an education you won't get in books, and be able to use on the day you are hungery.
Wrong again!!!!

I've been through a number of survival and warfare schools and it always starts out in the classroom with a book. When you are out in the environment you now have a repository of information in your head to draw upon as you gain experience. There is no better way to learn.

Not to be truly disrespectful but if more back country poor whites were able to read and write 200 years ago, don't you believe that so much lost information on customs, survival, genealogy, etc. would be available today?

Information that is only orally passed down will be degraded with each proceeding generation because those small insignificant things are omitted, until that one in a thousand event comes up and there's been no passing down of that information.

Last edited by reconmark; 07-16-2011 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: 200 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 03:15 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When the sheet hits the fan, a country boy will survive!

How many city slickers own a scoped rifle?
How many own a pistol?

No wonder they want to take our guns away, mainly semi-auto long guns.
Those intellectual elites in the city, fear the rednecks that can hit a dime at 500 yards, more so than a city slicker that can't hit a target at 30 yards with there 9mm.
Without city people you couldn't even have written that post

And who wants to survive in a red-neck world anyway? I would die from lack of perspective in such a world...

Old 07-16-2011, 03:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Wrong again!!!!

I've been through a number of survival and warfare schools and it always starts out in the classroom with a book. When you are out in the environment you now have a repository of information in your head to draw upon as you gain experience. There is no better way to learn.

Not to be truly disrespectful but if more back country poor whites were able to read and write 100 years ago, don't you believe that so much lost information on customs, survival, genealogy, etc. would be available today?

Information that is only orally passed down will be degraded with each proceeding generation because those small insignificant things are omitted, until that one in a thousand event comes up and there's been no passing down of that information.
You are misunderstanding me. What I mean to say is if you just gather a lot of books and read them and it stops at that point with no hands on skill set learning, all the books won't get you any gains.

If you read a great deal of fire by bow, none I know of talk about getting the coal, and how to deal with the coal you made. This gives a reader the idea that twirling a stick in a fire board somehow gets flames, and it won't.

I totally agree, we are at a loss of history from the lack of good 1st hand accounts from the past. When we get lucky, from the 1700's to 1840ish records of merit are mostly Military accounts. Of the hundreds of Fur Brigade Trappers, there are not many accounts that have survived, and a lot of that is likey myth and lore.

I learned the drill in the early 80's and haven't read a book on it since learning. That lesson took me a full year. One failed attempt after another, and no book told me what was wrong. I was looking for flames.

You don't get flames, but a coal.

I sure would like to see a guys first deer kill after just reading a book on the rest of the work that goes with a dead deer. On the other hand no I don't really want to see that mess.

I have no idea what's up with that other guy.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:22 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,579 times
Funny how this guy's all anti-society and country bumpkin on us, as he posts on an internet PHP forum lol.

Freakin' hypocrite.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:

If you read a great deal of fire by bow, none I know of talk about getting the coal, and how to deal with the coal you made. This gives a reader the idea that twirling a stick in a fire board somehow gets flames, and it won't.
... That lesson took me a full year. One failed attempt after another, and no book told me what was wrong. I was looking for flames.

You don't get flames, but a coal.
And guess what? You just wrote it down. Now it's available information for everyone after to read and learn. Forevermore.

You've just perfectly destroyed your own argument.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Funny how this guy's all anti-society and country bumpkin on us, as he posts on an internet PHP forum lol.

Freakin' hypocrite.
Damn guy what's up? You got TP stuffed in a crack too tight?

I live remote rural, and stay in touch with folks far away. When I see my friends it's at Ronde Voo. You should come, we would love to caress you.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
And guess what? You just wrote it down. Now it's available information for everyone after to read and learn. Forevermore.

You just disproved your own point.
No I didn't, I teach this skill for hire and have given it away for free as well. The trick is the other 1,001 things that can and will go wrong.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Damn guy what's up? You got TP stuffed in a crack too tight?

I live remote rural, and stay in touch with folks far away. When I see my friends it's at Ronde Voo. You should come, we would love to caress you.
Nah, you wouldn't like me. But I appreciate the invite.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
No I didn't, I teach this skill for hire and have given it away for free as well. The trick is the other 1,001 things that can and will go wrong.
So do humanity a favor; write those down too.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:31 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
As a city-dweller, yes, I assure everyone that city people will have a harder time. Those living out in the rural areas will fare better on some levels. But, why oh why does everyone assume that marksmanship will determine the new pecking order? If the only future people can imagine is one where people protect themselves with guns, we are all dead.

The whole point of society collapsing isn't to justify the creation of bunkered villages patrolled by armor-plated Buicks and populated by people who use their weapons as aphrodisiacs. The point of the collapse is for us to let go of the ways of the past and to imagine something better into reality. Continuing the divisiveness and mistrust of our fellow citizens will only recreate the same failed world.

We will all be forced to contend with various belief systems after the SHTF. We can continue blaming others and killing others and building barriers between ourselves OR we can recognize this as a profound opportunity to start completely over again, to live WITH each other instead of against each other, to live WITHIN nature instead of divorced from it. To that end, a person living in the rural areas will have a greater potential to follow natural methods and a person living in the city will have a greater potential to unify larger groups. Both will contribute because it makes sense to pool resources.

Anything less, anything involving guns and enemies will fail miserably. I for one have no intention of participating in such a stupid world. I know I will be there to gently influence people to live up to their potential. It's why I'm here now in this time period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies