Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:57 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Wow, what a failed attempt at trying to deflect the fact that you know nothing about Chicago.

Wow, you lived a whopping 18 months in Chicago. You aren't from here, you don't live here, and you surely did not make the most of your time here. Don't even try to make it sound like you know what Daley did, or did not do for Chicago.

Same goes for you. You have only lived in Brooklyn so your lack of time in any other city shows that you can't comment.

But since you will anyway, tell me what exactly Mayor Daley has done and why it is bad. I want your sources from a reliable local source, and comparisons to every other Mayor that Chicago has ever had.

Good luck, because you can't do it. I appreciate your hate for Chicago and Democrats, though.
His steadfast denial of Second Amendment Rights to Chicagoans is rationale enough.

I don't hate anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 08:59 PM

1,123 posts, read 775,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
As a Chicago native, I agree 100 percent. Even ardent conservatives who moved out to the burbs would agree.
Does that include the contract Daley gave away to public union employees that locks in salary increases until 2017?

Rahmbo Getting Rammed

Old 07-18-2011, 09:01 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,285,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
His steadfast denial of Second Amendment Rights to Chicagoans is rationale enough.

I don't hate anyone.
I was right. No real facts, no source, no comparisons.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:02 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,320,658 times
Quote:
I was right. No real facts, no source, no comparisons.
Uh, look again.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Wow, what a failed attempt at trying to deflect the fact that you know nothing about Chicago.Wow, you lived a whopping 18 months in Chicago. You aren't from here, you don't live here, and you surely did not make the most of your time here. Don't even try to make it sound like you know what Daley did, or did not do for Chicago.Same goes for you. You have only lived in Brooklyn so your lack of time in any other city shows that you can't comment. But since you will anyway, tell me what exactly Mayor Daley has done and why it is bad. I want your sources from a reliable local source, and comparisons to every other Mayor that Chicago has ever had. Good luck, because you can't do it. I appreciate your hate for Chicago and Democrats, though.
Uh, one does not have to be an actor/director to be a film critic, and it is not like chicago is on mars, we in this country have something called THE NEWS, as in news media, and books, etc., plus we get to speak to people who do live there, and putting all of these together allows one to become rather educated on the subject.

Or do you mistakenly believe that there is some kind of time counter, where one must live in a place for at least "x" number of years before they are allowed to comment on it?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Uh, look again.
Your thoughts don't count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterpetron View Post
Uh, one does not have to be an actor/director to be a film critic, and it is not like chicago is on mars, we in this country have something called THE NEWS, as in news media, and books, etc., plus we get to speak to people who do live there, and putting all of these together allows one to become rather educated on the subject.

Or do you mistakenly believe that there is some kind of time counter, where one must live in a place for at least "x" number of years before they are allowed to comment on it?
Yeah, first off, you don't get the full spectrum of what goes on unless you live here. You also aren't here to see how things work when they are in effect.

Everyone's a critic.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Yeah, first off, you don't get the full spectrum of what goes on unless you live here. You also aren't here to see how things work when they are in effect. Everyone's a critic.
Yes, because chicago is really on mars, and no one can conceive of its functions from even 11 inches outside the city borders, give me a break. As if the graft and crap that goes on there is any different than NYC or anywhere else...

Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Yes, because chicago is really on mars, and no one can conceive of its functions from even 11 inches outside the city borders, give me a break. As if the graft and crap that goes on there is any different than NYC or anywhere else...
Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't question you. You are right because you are right. No one should question that. And of course, every city everywhere is the same because so are the people. You never have to spend time in a place to fully understand it.

The same proposition stands for you as I gave to Cavaturacciolo before they failed.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't question you. You are right because you are right. No one should question that. And of course, every city everywhere is the same because so are the people. You never have to spend time in a place to fully understand it.

The same proposition stands for you as I gave to Cavaturacciolo before they failed.

A claim was made about what great things Daley did, and I listed his moronic 10-year contract with the public workers locking in annual wage increases as an example of a bad thing he did.

We're waiting for a list of positive things that he did.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-19-2011 at 03:47 AM.. Reason: languiage

Old 07-18-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:

A claim was made about what great things Daley did, and I listed his moronic 10-year contract with the public workers locking in annual wage increases as an example of a bad thing he did.

We're waiting for a list of positive things that he did.

I did enjoy your false claims that you know how Chicago works, as if you have been following things here for years. However, your need to attack me and Mayor Daley in order to make a false point wont work.

Good luck with the next person you attack.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-19-2011 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies