Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:13 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I do believe my thread title said message to liberals.

I've been listening to Ed all night. He thinks this is some strategy on Obama's part to "give" to somehow "win" back more power but just how is that going to happen when he is not going to be re-elected?

I listen to Stefanie Miller (constant defender), Thom Hartmann (tries to remain neutral), Randi Rhodes (constant defender), Ed Schultz (IMO constant defender). The only one I can think of that is truly honest is Mike Malloy.

I do agree the repubs have acted like an abomination, but that is neither here nor there. We needed either Dean or Bernie Sanders or Nancy Pelosi to come in and set things straight.
He'll have no problem getting reelected. During Obama's entire presidency his approval ratings have remained for the most part very stable and strong. The GOP's approval in congress right now is something like 13% also with the rising of the tea party radicals splitting the party and a group of the weakest GOP candidates in decades, this combination will give Obama an easy win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ooh please, obama ran so far to the left that he was almost doing a U turn..

Financial reform, healthcare legislation, stimulus bill, credit card legislation, tax increase on the wealthy, the list goes on and on. I cant list ONE position of his that was even close to right.
When are you so off the charts to the radical right, anyone left of McCarthy is a blazing liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 10:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
He'll have no problem getting reelected. During Obama's entire presidency his approval ratings have remained for the most part very stable and strong. The GOP's approval in congress right now is something like 13% also with the rising of the tea party radicals splitting the party and a group of the weakest GOP candidates in decades, this combination will give Obama an easy win.
The Democratic approval raiting was the lowest in history when Obama won election. Its too early to tell if Obama will/can win re-election, wont know until the nominee is picked. Left wing nominee will lead to Obama victory, right center, GOP can easily win. Remember, Obama only won against "Bush 3", but a few percentage points to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
When are you so off the charts to the radical right, anyone left of McCarthy is a blazing liberal.
List to me some of his right wing stances during the election then..

Old 07-18-2011, 10:16 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
It seems you still have some waking up to do.

If your saying Republicans in general and the Bush Administration did not contribute to this mess I believe you still may have some waking up to do.

Unfortuntely we are in a mess and we are in this together.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:16 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Tempest - I agree he is likely to win re-election. However, it's not because he's a good leader or an even mediocre politician. He'll win because most Democrats don't hold their politicians accountable for their character flaws and failures. Obama has plenty of both. Greedy, spiteful, shallow Democrats will re-elect him because of the boogeymen Republicans and their need to be vindicated at the expense of the nation's well-being.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:17 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I don't think he's finished. For every mistygrl out there, there are 10 brainwashed Obamalemmings who think Obama is the best thing since sliced bread.

For my part, I don't understand how any thinking person can look back on Obama's record and objectively say he deserves re-election. Everything he's done is a failure, with the exception of getting OBL and perhaps with the exception of Libya (time will tell).
No, his base (80%) is upset with him. He cannot win with those numbers. One thing he did do that I do support is healthcare reform - that was a great achievement but it's been downhill ever since. And let's face it, Nancy Pelosi was really the driver behind that.

And what you call successes I call failures, but those are topics for another thread. My biggest beef with him would be the ongoing wars. I think a lot of liberals feel that way. Oh, and let's not forget continued outsourcing and high unemployment.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:19 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
If your saying Republicans in general and the Bush Administration did not contribute to this mess I believe you still may have some waking up to do.

Unfortuntely we are in a mess and we are in this together.
Bush and the GOP tried for years to change the mortgage industry to stop an oncoming economic collapse. Democrats called us crazy, stupid, ridiculed auditors for doing their job, while demanding collateral demands be lowered even further..

Old 07-18-2011, 10:19 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
There are things I don't agree with the President on. I think his administration should have dealt with financial reform before health care reform while the iron was still hot, but he chose not to. That was a bad choice. However, digging out of the worst economic crisis in several generations was going to be tough for any administration; President Obama was just the lucky one to win this joy of a task. Plus, he also inherited two wars, one of which was neglected for several years. The previous administration didn't give this administration much to work with. When you're caught in a *****storm you only worry about what works, not about orthodoxy. His bit of orthodoxy was healthcare reform which delayed other more-needed reform. That was unfortunate, but he has been pragmatic with other issues of national concern.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Either you get Obama or you don't. I do. Many on here don't. If you don't support Obama, it's your problem, not mine.

5,546 posts, read 9,999,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Tempest - I agree he is likely to win re-election. However, it's not because he's a good leader or an even mediocre politician. He'll win because most Democrats don't hold their politicians accountable for their character flaws and failures. Obama has plenty of both. Greedy, spiteful, shallow Democrats will re-elect him because of the boogeymen Republicans and their need to be vindicated at the expense of the nation's well-being.
I think you have your parties confused. Repubs are the party of no, you know. They have proven themselves to be big babies who are disrespectful of the office.

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times
Quote:
Bush and the GOP tried for years to change the mortgage industry to stop an oncoming economic collapse. Democrats called us crazy, stupid, ridiculed auditors for doing their job, while demanding collateral demands be lowered even further..
Our current financial crisis is not just about the housing market.
Spending increased under the Bush Administration at a greater rate than the Clinton Administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies