Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,948,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I explain it by the obvious fact that there are not enough liberal Democrats in the House to outweigh the power the Republicans have. That's why I said the solution would be to elect more liberals into Congress.

Congress passes laws. Obama can try to push a more liberal agenda, but he can't write the bills or pass them in the House or Senate. He could refuse to play ball with the Republicans, and then nothing would be solved. He cannot enact a liberal agenda on his own.
you whine and complain that obama cant get anything through congress now because of the republicans, however he had a lot of problems getting things through congress in his first two years DESPITE THE FACT THAT the republicans could do NOTHING to stop obama and the democrats EVEN THOUGH they voted in lockstep against every large piece of legislation the democrats put up for a vote.

sorry but obama is a big time failure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 08:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,039,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I explain it by the obvious fact that there are not enough liberal Democrats in the House to outweigh the power the Republicans have. That's why I said the solution would be to elect more liberals into Congress.

Congress passes laws. Obama can try to push a more liberal agenda, but he can't write the bills or pass them in the House or Senate. He could refuse to play ball with the Republicans, and then nothing would be solved. He cannot enact a liberal agenda on his own.
Simply amazing. They HAD A MORE LIBERAL HOUSE, remember? They were thrown out in last year's election.

He enacted plenty of that liberal agenda......just look at the results.

Stimulus failure, obamacare failure...the list is long and varied of his failures, which is why he has no more political capital.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:03 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,021,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Misty, I ask myself the same thing. They are the same damn party no matter how you slice it. There is no such thing as Democrat good, Republican bad or Republican good, Democrat bad. They are going to continue the same crap no matter their party label. That's why the MSM is pushing Romney so bad because when Obama has to pass the mantel, they want to make sure the establishment puts in a copy of Obama in the White House. They are also making Perry their backup in case Romney doesn't make it through the primary. That's why I'm putting my weight behind Ron Paul because I fell for the pretty words and eloquent speeches Obama made in 2008, but not anymore. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Democrats love war and are just as anti-freedom as the Republicans
Correction, this democratic president loves war just as much as the previous. I'm a democrat and I hate war and am for freedom (well, as long as it doesn't involve the freedoms of republicans to get their agendas passed )

Old 07-22-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama didn't turn out to be the Democrat you voted into office so you now post that he's switched parties ?

Face it..he IS the Democrat you voted into office. Maybe more should have done more homework on his voting record and his background rather than get caught up in the propaganda.
He ran a slick campaign making promises left, right and center to get voted into office. The masses swallowed all that campaign gorp hook, line and sinker. Now you have buyer's remorse ?

You voted for him and now we all have to live with the policies.
Buyer's remorse as opposed to McCain/Palin? You gotta be kidding.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:07 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,948,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I'm a democrat and I hate war and am for freedom (well, as long as it doesn't involve the freedoms of republicans to get their agendas passed )
ahh so then you are a freedom lover as long as it is the freedoms YOU want, but when someone else wants their freedoms as well, and you dont like what freedoms they want you are against it. yep you sound like a marxist as well.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,679,211 times
Quote:
Buyer's remorse as opposed to McCain/Palin? You gotta be kidding.
Nope..he's not the Democrat you wanted so you're tossing him over to the Repubs. Sorry he is the Democrat you elected.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:20 AM

37,819 posts, read 41,126,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Simply amazing. They HAD A MORE LIBERAL HOUSE, remember? They were thrown out in last year's election.

He enacted plenty of that liberal agenda......just look at the results.

Stimulus failure, obamacare failure...the list is long and varied of his failures, which is why he has no more political capital.
Did you hear about bailed out Chrysler?

"The Treasury Department sold its final 6 percent stake in Chrysler to Italian automaker Fiat for $560 million, leaving U.S. taxpayers stuck with a $1.3 billion loss. The bailout paid $12.5 billion during the bankruptcy conversion of “Old Chrysler” into the new Chrysler Group. Now $11.2 billion is considered repaid or excused."

US taxpayers likely lost $1.3 billion in Chrysler bailout | Staff report | Daily Outrage | San Francisco Examiner

I don't know why the Republican candidates don't jump all over this in their campaign speeches and TV ads.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
ahh so then you are a freedom lover as long as it is the freedoms YOU want, but when someone else wants their freedoms as well, and you dont like what freedoms they want you are against it. yep you sound like a marxist as well.
I wish people would stop throwing the word marxist around and actually read the link I posted.

What I *am* is a person highly opposed to republican policies and honest about it.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nope..he's not the Democrat you wanted so you're tossing him over to the Repubs. Sorry he is the Democrat you elected.
No, you are all just in denial that he is really one of you and you won't admit it.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,679,211 times
Quote:
No, you are all just in denial that he is really one of you and you won't admit it.
One of me ? And just what party do you think I belong to ?
You think I voted for McCain ? You think I voted for Bush the second time ?

I woke up some time ago to the D vs R hyperbole and neither has my loyalty.

FWIW..had Hillary been on the ticket instead of Obama I would have voted Dem. And I did not vote Repub. in 2008.
So what does that tell you ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies