Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 09:56 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times

Advertisements

Former President Bill Clinton blamed Republicans in Congress for the state of the economy. Mr. Clinton called out the GOP as hypocrites for implementing massive tax cuts and increased spending during the Bush administration, policies that directly contributed to the present recession.

Speaking to a group of liberal group activists in Washington, Clinton said, “Partly because the Republicans who control the House and have a lot of pull in the Senate have now decided, having quadrupled the debt in 12 years before I took office and doubled it after I left, that it’s all of a sudden the biggest problem in the world.”
Bill Clinton Blames Republicans For Present Economic Woes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times
He's a pretty smart guy, Rhodes Scholar and all, I would recommend listening to him.

He is not blameless, of course, he favored globalization and deregulation of the banking sector, but he is dead right about the tax cuts and wars = deficit logic. It is undeniable.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:19 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Former President Bill Clinton blamed Republicans in Congress for the state of the economy. Mr. Clinton called out the GOP as hypocrites for implementing massive tax cuts and increased spending during the Bush administration, policies that directly contributed to the present recession.

Speaking to a group of liberal group activists in Washington, Clinton said, “Partly because the Republicans who control the House and have a lot of pull in the Senate have now decided, having quadrupled the debt in 12 years before I took office and doubled it after I left, that it’s all of a sudden the biggest problem in the world.”
Bill Clinton is absolutely right. Boy, it is great to enjoy the superior side of every political argument against the ridiculous Right.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:21 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
I have to say... Bill Clinton sure does talk a lot... I don't know any past presidents that keep talking like they mean something after they are out of the office... does anyone know of any past president that talked that much after leaving the office?? So Bill Clinton blames Bush... now that nobody cares about Bush, he wants to blame the Republicans... how original... I hate rhetoric... it serves no other purpose then to make people STUPID... and there is plenty evidence of that in this thread... watching them cheer RHETORIC...

Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 PM

45,246 posts, read 26,482,257 times
Clintons predictably partisan comments are most constructive at this time

Old 07-29-2011, 10:30 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
Clinton bascially help statr mnay of the housif measures that lead to this recessio and mnay of the easy credit polcies.Reagan left him a huge amount of what he called peace dividiend when leaving office. Unlike the present presdient Reagan left office after taking over during a recessio and had great growth numbers when he left. He was so popualr that there was actually Democrats for Reagan. But even Clinton was smart enough tto warn on Obama that as he said "you can govern from the left" Obama should have listened to him as he learned that as governor his first term in Arkansas.Now Obamna sees hinslef overwhelm by dependent groups all wanting more of the pie they do not contribute to.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,837,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

Surprise..surprise...did I think he was going to blame the D-cats? Come on now folks get real.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:43 PM

24,410 posts, read 27,001,341 times
I miss Bill Clinton, he was the best president in the past 50 years. I wish Obama would have just used the 14th amendment right after Boenher walked out of talks.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Well...Big surprise! Obama ...knowing this will ultimately fall back in his 'liberal' lap....he trots out Slick Willie...in his typical...'horse and pony' show.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:59 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times
A pilot kicks your kid out of an airplane at 20,000 feet. Some dude sees the kid falling and tries to catch them. The guy catches the child, but the child gets a broken leg. So, you sue the dude who did the catch, and sing the praises of the pilot. Republican logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies