Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If CCB had passed, would our Credit Rating have been cut?
Yes, it still would have. We're just in too deep. 55 36.18%
No. It would have shown we were serious about getting spending under control. 93 61.18%
I don't care, I want to keep spending like it's 1999. 4 2.63%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Wait so there are polls that found that the majority of Americans want Uncle Sam to take more of their income???

Okay we finally have proof positive that the majority of Americans are completely insane. Strange to find myself in the minority here, but I actually want to keep as much of my own income as possible.

Tell you what JazzyTallGuy lets you and me contact the government and work out a deal where you can pay my taxes for me. That way we can both get what we want. You can give more of your money to the government and I can give less.
Whether you want to keep more of your income is irrelevant. The only time we've had a budget surplus in the last 30 years was by raising taxes. We have very low taxes in this country compared to the rest of the world, and much of the rest of western world is doing much better than we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The tea party happened in 2009. FYI
I was a member in 2008

5,376 posts, read 5,349,598 times
As the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band sang, "No Matter Who You Vote For the Government Always Gets In"

Both sides favor entitlements.

One side to those who needs them, the other to those who don't.

‪Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band - No Matter Who You Vote For‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
It looks like Americans are not cool with what GOP did to the US and the economy, and they see it was done purely for political gain and that the GOP could care less about what happens to the American people as a result. )

Damn, from an English speaking point of view that is poor grammar, it should read, the GOP could not care less about what happens to the American people as a result.
"Could care less" may not be acceptable in kiwi-land, but it is understood it here.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I said nothing about his skin or his party. I have heard that man called a litany of insults (too long to list here) the past couple of years by people who I've met in person, on this forum or on the news--and even more by self proclaimed tea partiers. You can complain about him being incompetent, or doing a poor job, but when you say he's a marxist who's deliberately sinking the economy to benefit himself (which makes no sense the year before an election), that's just crazy, and it implies a deep hatred that I think is wrong to have toward someone.

The tea party doesn't need the media to demonize them. They do it to themselves by their stupid, hateful words and actions. And the American people--who are overall an evenhanded, sensible people--clearly see that. Hence the low poll numbers.
How do you know he isn't a Marxist? He speaks about wealth redistribution in about every speech he gives. I don't know if liberals realize this, but Karl Marx was in FAVOR of wealth redistribution. Government control over every single part of our lives is also a MARXIST principle. This too, is something Obama and liberals are in favor of. Maybe you should read the Communist Manifesto. I don't care what anyone says I WANT FREEDOM and I want the government to get out of my life.

Obama is doing a poor job. Wake the heck up! Look around. There are people living in TENT CITIES. We just received a credit downgrade from all the debt we racked up from stupid government programs that are useless. 9.1% unemployment, the U6 rate is MUCH HIGHER, something like 20%. The only reason the unemployment rate went down recently is because 193,000 people gave up looking for work. We are on the verge of a double-dip recession. Obama passed a stimulus bill that was useless. If a Obama is such a great president, I would like then liberals must think Herbert Hoover was a great president. Both presidencies led to similar economies. At least under Bush, the economy was AWESOME from 2004-2006. Oh, wait, the dems took over Congress in 2006, which was when the economy started to tank. GO FIGURE!

I will say that Obama is a good father and seems to be faithful to his wife. That is one positive thing for any politician.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 PM

I thought about cutting this out and wearing it on halloween, but I don't want to traumatize the kids.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:44 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ending a tax CUT is not a Tax Increase, but then righties never have been very good at math or logic.
Casper
Ending the tax cuts wont do CRAP to the deficts. Spare me your bs about learning math until you comprehend math at least at a 4th grade level.
Quote:
So you had no answer in your first part
You didnt ask any question that needed to be answered..

Old 08-09-2011, 06:47 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times
She definitely has very weird eyes for some reason. She looks like that even in person.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
And your boys made ure we pay even more for that debt, thanks teabaggers
Casper
10 year notes have fallen all week.. how exactly are we paying more for debt?

Old 08-09-2011, 06:48 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ending the tax cuts wont do CRAP to the deficts. Spare me your bs about learning math until you comprehend math at least at a 4th grade level.

You didnt ask any question that needed to be answered..
Right more money does not help at all, As I said
Ending a tax CUT is not a Tax Increase, but then righties never have been very good at math or logic.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies