Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

These things are flying off the line. Look what happens when the government tries to run a private business. Maybe they can shoot for 150 in August and show a big "bump" in sales percentage to make the headlines?

"Sales of the much-hyped Chevy Volt fell to new lows as did GM share price as July auto sales figures came in. Only 125 Volts were sold during the month of July. Recent reports attributed the slump to supply constraints as GM spokeswoman, Michelle Bunker, was quoted as saying that the Volt was "virtually sold out" and only a "few" were available nationwide. I have confirmed that this statement is not entirely truthful and have gotten clarification from GM through Director of Communications, Greg Martin. A search of cars.com site showed nearly 500 Chevy Volts listed for sale. I had originally assumed that GM dealers were advertising vehicles that were not actually available for sale, since GM has stated that there were only a "few" Volts available. I decided to call a few dealers within 75 miles of my location to determine what the true situation was. I stopped my research after finding that five of the first six dealers I called had Volts in inventory available for immediate sale. Two of the five dealers even had two each in stock. I can now safely assume that GM is, once again, not being entirely honest with its facts. The demand for the Chevy Volt is not as strong as GM would have us believe."

GM Confirms Slow Chevy Volt Sales | National Legal and Policy Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 09:19 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
The Chevy volt, a PT Barnum vehicle for the 21st century.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:21 AM

Well if the supremes rule in the healthcare fiasco that the government can mandate us to purchase something I'm sure we'll all be driving Volt's soon.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Actually, they are doing better than I expected.

Let this be a lesson - when the government starts picking winners and losers, tries to twist arms and minds into the kind of service or product THEY deem acceptable, that is a sure sign of overreach, gross intrusion into the private sector and a sure fire LOSS for the taxpayer.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:27 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
In Soviet America, Volt charges you!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Actually, they are doing better than I expected.

Let this be a lesson - when the government starts picking winners and losers, tries to twist arms and minds into the kind of service or product THEY deem acceptable, that is a sure sign of overreach, gross intrusion into the private sector and a sure fire LOSS for the taxpayer.
And the government gave $15 million to a company to provide free charging stations in liberal cities all over the US.

Yup..they are trying to pick the winners and losers here.

And here in Austin they just announced they are putting 103 charging stations around the city.
Yet they decline to mention just how many of these vehicles are registered in the city nor did they mention the cost.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 AM

Yeah but they want to charge em with electricity from those evil coal burning power plants. LOL. These kooks have no clue what they're doing. We're told to unplug our PC's and printers and clocks, use their mercury filled lighbulbs, buy energy saving fridges, stoves etc. to save but then turn around and plug your car in and suck the coal. The stupidity of the greenies is astounding.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah but they want to charge em with electricity from those evil coal burning power plants. LOL. These kooks have no clue what they're doing. We're told to unplug our PC's and printers and clocks, use their mercury filled lighbulbs, buy energy saving fridges, stoves etc. to save but then turn around and plug your car in and suck the coal. The stupidity of the greenies is astounding.
Yup..everyone gets home 5-6pm and plugs in.
Can you say power surge and blackout ?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,864,528 times
How many "green jobs" is that?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yup..everyone gets home 5-6pm and plugs in.
Can you say power surge and blackout ?
And I consider the hottest part of summer days to be at about 5 pm. I want my AC and won't be driving any Government Motors electric car so I guess I am screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies