Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Ah, yes. The cry of the losers: "Throw the bums out!" We hear this every two years, at least. Bunch of nuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 10:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Then why do we the voters, vote the same clowns back in office, to make a statement, what statement, the idiots we have in, you do not vote back in, that is how it should work. Do a sucky job, you don't move on. I am tired of both party's right now, but one is getting on my last nerve, and i really cannot stand someone who blames everyone for mistakes, but himself, really hate it.

To constantly point fingers at others, blame others, have that arrogant look, THE MASTER OF DISGUISE, Him.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:52 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ah, yes. The cry of the losers: "Throw the bums out!" We hear this every two years, at least. Bunch of nuts.
And your bums will probably have to go too ..

Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
This is a GIANT WAKE UP CALL for every single American Citizen in this country. We all, as a duty to our nation, our children and grand children, MUST vote each and every single member of congress and the President OUT OF OFFICE. Doesn't matter if you are a Dem, GOP, TP, Independent...whatever....YOU ARE ALL FIRED. We the people MUST TAKE ACTION in order to save this great nation of ours.

VOTE ALL THE Mutha effers out of office....each and every single one of them!
I wish more people had this idea in mind. Democrats are a completely broken political party. The Republicans are just as broken as the Democrats. The Tea Party isn't completely sure what they are yet, more just a mob of disaffected's.

But do we have good alternatives? I wouldn't mind seeing Dems and GOP's all tossed out entirely and for the two party system to consist of the Libertarians and ... well I guess the Tea Party is the only semi-opposite that comes to mind. Both of them take the same general approach: Less government, less government interference where it stifles prosperity, less taxes, less debt, etc. This is the exact opposite of what the Democrats and GOP do right now. Libertarians are a bit more liberal in their views on things like immigration and drugs. The Tea Party takes a hard stance opposite the Libertarians on those and other issues. I think I'd prefer that version of the two party system (though we still are waiting to see what the Tea Party evolves into.)

Ideally we'd be more Democratic and have each of us voting directly on issues and laws. Unfortunately, too few Americans would take the time and prefer to have somebody else be their proxy in government so they don't have to think about it -- which is why we're in such a mess today.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:13 PM

898 posts, read 827,796 times
It's people like westcobb that are the problem in America.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:41 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
And be stuck with all amateurs who are hyped up on idealism? No thanks. I think it's time to keep the pros on the field.
What pros? Obama and most of the GOP and Dems are amateur clowns at best. The Tea party is the only sign of people somewhat standing for principles in the GOP and the Dems are a joke compared to when the actually stood for progress in the old days (pre 2000 or so)

Ron Paul 2012!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:09 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
It's people like westcobb that are the problem in America.
I absolutely hate it when people direct blind rage at our politicians. The problem with Washington is us. We don't pay attention. We don't hold them accountable. We don't understand our own interests. We don't insist that lobbyists and special interests be kicked out of D.C.

There are no easy fixes here. I'm sorry, sending Joe the Plumber to Congress in 2012 solves nothing. It's a stupid stunt. Nothing more. All it does is turns yet another incompetent idiot lose in the House, or god forbid, the Senate. What would actually help is if we took a keen interest in the actions of the representatives we already have.

I bet most of the people participating on this board screaming to throw the bums out don't even know the name of thier congressman or senator.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:11 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
What pros? Obama and most of the GOP and Dems are amateur clowns at best. The Tea party is the only sign of people somewhat standing for principles in the GOP and the Dems are a joke compared to when the actually stood for progress in the old days (pre 2000 or so)

Ron Paul 2012!
Ron Paul has been around government forever and a day now. He's a pro in my book.

Old 08-07-2011, 01:25 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Ron Paul has been around government forever and a day now. He's a pro in my book.
Well then, we can agree on that then

Old 08-07-2011, 10:00 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
I absolutely hate it when people direct blind rage at our politicians. The problem with Washington is us. We don't pay attention. We don't hold them accountable. We don't understand our own interests. We don't insist that lobbyists and special interests be kicked out of D.C.

There are no easy fixes here. I'm sorry, sending Joe the Plumber to Congress in 2012 solves nothing. It's a stupid stunt. Nothing more. All it does is turns yet another incompetent idiot lose in the House, or god forbid, the Senate. What would actually help is if we took a keen interest in the actions of the representatives we already have.

I bet most of the people participating on this board screaming to throw the bums out don't even know the name of thier congressman or senator.
That's why I said that we gotta keep voting them out in the primaries until each party starts to realize that they work for US, not the lobbyists
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies