Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:53 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

She is probably somewhere in the middle as far as her sexual orientation. Maybe slight hormonal changes over time can make her swing to either side. She may not be homosexual, but she will never be simply heterosexual,
either.
Attraction is not black or white, often it is shades of gray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 01:54 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,152,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
People like you seriously just need to stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

Sheryl Swoopes doesn't speak for me. She also doesn't have the same genes, body, or environment as me. Attempting to apply her one circumstance to all GLBT people would be like me applying the Norwegian bomber's circumstance to all Christians and/or conservatives.

Enough already.
I know what I see with my own eyes. I've personally known women who one minute their straight, then some man breaks their heart and now their gay. Then they get tired of that then their straight again. GTFOH!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:54 PM

810 posts, read 837,654 times
The difference is that the "penetrated" sexualities, bi/hetero female and bi/gay male, are more likely to remain permanent compared to lesbian and hetero male. This is simply because it takes much less work for the person to be sexually stimulated if all they have to do is open their hole for something to hit their sensitive nerve endings. Meanwhile it takes much more energy/creativity for the penetrators and lesbians. And the mind/body usually settles for what requires less energy and work yet provides stimulus.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:55 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
hmm confusing

Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
What I just don't get is why it matters to anyone why someone lives or chooses to live a gay lifestyle. It is certainly not anything that keeps me awake at night or monopolizes my thoughts at any given hour. Do you sit and ponder or agonize over what hour of the day your neighbor is having sex or in which positions? Get a life!

Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Again, did you even read the article? This woman did not suddenly start liking guys, nor did she suddenly start liking girls. It's called being bisexual, and she clearly has attractions to both and has had relationships with both. This is not the same as someone who has attractions only to one sex or the other.

And no, there aren't plenty of examples of people who woke up one day and suddenly weren't gay. In fact, there aren't any examples of this. Even those strange and sad "ex-gay" folks don't make this claim.
Yes bisexual, a convenient excuse.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
The difference is that the "penetrated" sexualities, bi/hetero female and bi/gay male, are more likely to remain permanent compared to lesbian and hetero male. This is simply because it takes much less work for the person to be sexually stimulated if all they have to do is open their hole for something to hit their sensitive nerve endings. Meanwhile it takes much more energy/creativity for the penetrators and lesbians. And the mind/body usually settles for what requires less energy and work yet provides stimulus.
A bunch of psychobabble garbage.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM

810 posts, read 837,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
A bunch of psychobabble garbage.
It's biology, not psychology. Males can get pleasure from their front member or the prostate and sphincter in their rears, hence they can get sexual pleasure from doing and receiving penetration.
Women don't have that choice, their sexual organ is basically only there to be penetrated. Hence it's no wonder we see so many former lesbian and bisexual women end up with male partners afterward. But rarely, if ever of a gay male suddenly start to sexually like women unless they were faking it.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:10 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,077,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yes bisexual, a convenient excuse.
Yes, it was quite convenient in how it destroyed your premise. Thanks.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What a blunt argument. Individual cases don't represent the majority.

I bet there are also people who used to be left-handed but became right-handed later in life. I wouldn't then argue that "nobody is born left-handed".

When you produce a peer-reviewed study on your hypothesis, let us know. Until then, .
So then I can just ignore you, and the rest of the "I was born gay" crowd on C-D?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies