Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 07:51 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Read more: Voter Fraud | North Carolina | Voter ID Laws | The Daily Caller

Only the completely incompetent think solving voter fraud means shipping in massive amounts of people who wouldn't vote if they could even get out of their own feces and enticing them to do so with money and food, giving out bonuses for how many people they can get registered and then completely removing any checks and balances like proving you're a U.S. citizen.

If you want open borders and blanket amnesty say so, but those people should still have to prove they can do the most basic part of their duties as citizens and that's pay taxes, register to vote and have some proof of who they are when doing so.
Yeah, here in NC, without having to show any sort of ID, we are fully aware that there are organized groups who are "voting early, and often" lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 08:51 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yes, I'm sure the poll worker has stepped forward to verify this claim.

What about the other instances of fraud?
1. I don't believe the article said whether any poll worker had stepped forward or not.

2. I realize there are many claims of voter fraud. I realize there are even confirmed cases of deliberate voter fraud. And I think that each case of confirmed voter fraud should be prosecuted. But I also think we're talking about an incredibly small number/percentage when compared to the total number of votes cast in any given election.

In this particular case, the system worked. Records were checked, and individuals who voted early AND voted on election day were identified.

As the article says:

Quote:
Poucher said the Wake County elections board referred fewer than 10 names to prosecutors in 2008-10 for suspected voter fraud, which she said proves that the existing system works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh come on, any sane individual knows you can only vote once. These people knew it was wrong.
I agree that anyone who knows anything at all about voting knows that an eligible voter gets to vote only once in each election. And I also share the sentiment expressed in the article that people who vote want to make sure their vote is counted.

The legal system will figure it out.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:54 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
But I also think we're talking about an incredibly small number/percentage when compared to the total number of votes cast in any given election.
I forgot to say "in before 'it's ok so long as it only happens a little.'"

My bad.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Really? Got fact based stats for that?
yes

Quote:
In the state of Missouri in 1986, 12 ACORN members (http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/news/politics.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-10-11-0098.html - broken link) were convicted of voter fraud.

In December 2004, in St. Louis, six volunteers pleaded guilty of dozens of election law violations for filling out registration cards with names of dead people and other bogus information

On February 10, 2005, Nonaresa Montgomery, a paid worker was found guilty of vote fraud. About 1,500 fraudulent voter registration cards were turned in.

In October 2006, St. Louis election officials discovered at least 1,492 “potentially fraudulent” voter registration cards. They were all turned in by ACORN volunteers.

In November 2006, 20,000 to 35,000 questionable voter registration forms were turned in by ACORN officials in Missouri.

In 2007, in Kansas City, Missouri, four ACORN employees were indicted (http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id= 308358130652174 - broken link) for fraud. In April of this year eight ACORN employees in St. Louis city and county pleaded guilty to federal election fraud for submitting bogus voter registrations.
Pajamas Media » The Complete Guide to ACORN Voter Fraud

Fraud Map :: Rotten Acorn ::

More Acorn Voter Fraud Comes to Light - WSJ.com

Criminal charges filed against ACORN, two employees - Monday, May 4, 2009 | 12:12 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

More ACORN Vote Fraud Attempts : Stop The ACLU

ACORN employees tell FBI of deliberate election fraud, according to new documents | The Daily Caller

Last edited by Darkatt; 08-12-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 08-12-2011, 11:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Doesn't get more clear than that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies