Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:47 AM

443 posts, read 1,541,078 times

Advertisements

I'm a militantly liberal libertarian and atheist, and have a rather large (30 or so) collection of firearms. Whenever I rub elbows with other gun nuts, they're invariably staunch right wingers, or rabidly anti government conspiracy types (who are still fairly conservative on most issues.)
So my question is - any other liberals out there with a penchant for firearms?

Every male (and many female) member of my family is also both very pro-gun and very liberal. Even still, I never meet many other folks who share my ideology.

So speak up, my gun-toting, liberal brothers and sisters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
Move to Vermont.
You'll be in Heaven........

Old 08-14-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Move to Vermont.
You'll be in Heaven........

Well, in Austin, TX now... and fairly happy.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:16 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
I am a left-wing, liberal hunter who is anti-NRA. My opinions seem to annoy other people.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 AM

Yeah, I was always distrustful of the NRA. When they backed Tom Delay, I decided never to give them money every again.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:30 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satanoid View Post
I'm a militantly liberal libertarian and atheist, and have a rather large (30 or so) collection of firearms. Whenever I rub elbows with other gun nuts, they're invariably staunch right wingers, or rabidly anti government conspiracy types (who are still fairly conservative on most issues.)
So my question is - any other liberals out there with a penchant for firearms?

Every male (and many female) member of my family is also both very pro-gun and very liberal. Even still, I never meet many other folks who share my ideology.

So speak up, my gun-toting, liberal brothers and sisters!
There are LOTS of us!

You've probably seen this already and the "links" especially:

Liberals With Guns

Home

And check out the book Armed America: Portraits of Gun Owners in Their Homes. It's not a book in which the author takes a position on Second Amendment rights, but a book that demonstrates that gun ownership is certainly not limited to particular political ideologies.

I have the opposite experience from yours; by far, most of the liberals (not sure what that means nowadays) I know own at least one gun. It's been estimated that Americans own in excess of 219,000,000 guns; gotta be a lot o' liberals out here with guns.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I am a left-wing, liberal hunter who is anti-NRA. My opinions seem to annoy other people.
How can you be anti NRA ??? It's the NRA that wants to make sure you keep the gun you go hunting with.
Your opinions seem to annoy other people! I wonder why..

Catfish Life member N.R.A.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
Im a gun-rights flaming liberal and I dont support the NRA, either.
Its like supporting the Klan for free speech issues.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
How can you be anti NRA ??? It's the NRA that wants to make sure you keep the gun you go hunting with.

Catfish Life member N.R.A.
Gun Owners of America

A much more honest, and less political organization for gun rights.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:10 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times
Quote:
So you find it odd that someone would not like a group that defends one of teh Bill of Rights?

I've heard of a group that defends all of the Constitution and it is on the receiving end of nothing but venom from the right......

I wonder why....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies