Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Your sticking with the housing collapse as the complete downfall of the economy? Seriously? The Republicans had CONTROL of all three branches until 2007, Bush held out admitting that the country was headed for a recession. So your premise of warnings is suppose to resolve them of doing NOTHING, especially since there were signs on the housing issue since early 2000s?
I'm sorry but they had Congressional hearings to discuss the onslaught that was going to take place in the housing market, and the Democrats ridiculed the auditors and those who forcasted it. Not only did they stop any such reform, but democrats wanted to losen regulations even further. Barney Frank himself filibustered any regulation reform in the mortgage back securities industry

Some of us sat back watching the hearings dumbounded of the stupidity taking place, and others, like you, pretend they didnt happen. I guess what sucks for you si that there are videos of them

Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis - YouTube
Quote:
The partisan crap is really old, unlike you I see things for what they are, neither party is worth my Grandmother spit jar.
I would believe you except for your non stop defense of Democratic stupidity.
Quote:
What part of The Democrats focused on health care instead of Jobs and the Republicans is focusing on everything else instead of jobs you just don't get? Oh its the fact that its not a partisan statement.
One second they arent to balme, the next they are. Wow, you cant even get your own position straight before responding.
Quote:
Does someone need to tell you that Both parties continue to give lip service to the fact that they need to INVEST in Infrastructure. If you have a problem with the statement, maybe you should contact your local representative and tell them to move on and not worry about China
Who the hell is talking about infrastruture in China? This response makes absolutely no sense what so ever
Quote:
Wow, I guess you told me, maybe you should contact the CBO, Boehner and Cantor, of course the President, hell put out a full page add on this little tid bit so they could stop making such a false statement.
False statement about what? This one makes even less sense than the last one, and that was a pretty difficult task..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm sorry but they had Congressional hearings to discuss the onslaught that was going to take place in the housing market, and the Democrats ridiculed the auditors and those who forcasted it. Not only did they stop any such reform, but democrats wanted to losen regulations even further. Barney Frank himself filibustered any regulation reform in the mortgage back securities industry

Some of us sat back watching the hearings dumbounded of the stupidity taking place, and others, like you, pretend they didnt happen. I guess what sucks for you si that there are videos of them

Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis - YouTube

No, it really sucks to be you, a person that can't get your head out of the partisan one trick poney.
Quote:
But saying that Democrats killed the 2005 bill "while Mr. Obama was notably silent" oversimplifies things considerably. The bill made it out of committee in the Senate but was never brought up for consideration. At that time, Republicans had a majority in the Senate and controlled the agenda. Democrats never got the chance to vote against it or to mount a filibuster to block it.
By the time McCain signed on to the legislation, it was too late to prevent the crisis anyway. McCain added his name on May 25, 2006, when the housing bubble had already nearly peaked. Standard & Poor’s Case-Schiller Home Price Index, which measures residential housing prices in 20 metropolitan regions and then constructs a composite index for the entire United States, shows that housing prices began falling in July 2006, barely two months later.
Who Caused the Economic Crisis? | FactCheck.org

What sucks for you is, the Republicans sat by and did NOTHING right along with their Democrat counterparts...

I would believe you except for your non stop defense of Democratic stupidity.

Here we go again, your continuous BS. I do not Defend the Democrats non-stop. NONE of them deserve it. I don't come on here and try to peddle the crap that one party is better than the other unlike you. I don't come on here and make excuses and spin history to Defend either party unlike you. Their all worthless, find one of my posts where I defended the Democrats while bashing Republicans. Make sure you find the right post you have a tendency of presenting a post that has nothing to do with your claim.

One second they arent to balme, the next they are. Wow, you cant even get your own position straight before responding.

Wait, where did I post the Dems weren't to blame. I see your still doing the spinning and subliminal reading. Damn I thought after a couple of months you would have gotten out of that by now.

Who the hell is talking about infrastruture in China? This response makes absolutely no sense what so ever
I thought you kept up with the news. Whenever these Idiots speak of "Investing in Infrastructure", they talk about how far China has come in the last decade. Keep up.

False statement about what? This one makes even less sense than the last one, and that was a pretty difficult task..
Nice try, but

Your statement
Quote:
Spending money on infrastructure isnt "investing".
Since your claiming that infrastructure is not investing and you know more than them apparently, maybe you should tell the CBO and the idiots in Washington to stop with the false claims.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:31 AM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama stopped NOTHING.. The collapse ended well before Obama passed one bill into law, and nothing has improved since.

Furthermore, Congress writes bills and legislation, and the Congress was Democratically controlled, not GOP.

If most of the public blames the GOP, then clearly most of the public isn't qualified to be voting.

There you go spouting off the Truth again!

Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,171,706 times
Quote:
....I've said before and will say it again. The only polls tha count are those on election day.
Spoken like a true believer.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Spoken like a true believer.

No, spoken like a VOTER.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Nice try, but

Your statement

Since your claiming that infrastructure is not investing and you know more than them apparently, maybe you should tell the CBO and the idiots in Washington to stop with the false claims.
You mean all those shovel ready projects...that weren't actually shovel ready (as obama joked about 1 1/2 years later)?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You mean all those shovel ready projects...that weren't actually shovel ready (as obama joked about 1 1/2 years later)?
No matter how you want to spin it, the GOP has control of the house. How many bills have they passed again that has to so with the jobs and investment in infrastructure they campaigned on? I think i was on vacation when it was announced after the light bulb bill. When are they going to get on it, after the 2012 elections?

Old 08-16-2011, 06:34 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,743 times
Quote:
No matter how you want to spin it, the GOP has control of the house. How many bills have they passed again that has to so with the jobs and investment in infrastructure they campaigned on? I think i was on vacation when it was announced after the light bulb bill. When are they going to get on it, after the 2012 elections?
They campaigned on another infrastructure spending boondoggle, er, I mean, "investment"? That's news to me.

At least they passed a budget - that's more than the previous House did, not to mention the current Senate...

Old 08-16-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
They campaigned on another infrastructure spending boondoggle, er, I mean, "investment"? That's news to me.

At least they passed a budget - that's more than the previous House did, not to mention the current Senate...

To side track and match the partisan childish one up. At least the Democrats passed a Healtch Care law and like the Budget its not the versions either party campaigned on..... Again, when will they work on the Jobs bill. The budget passed what two weeks ago? I have not heard word one of where they are on the Jobs bill they campaigned on. Sooo maybe I was on vacation and may have missed it.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:44 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,743 times
Quote:
To side track and match the partisan childish one up. At least the Democrats passed a Healtch Care law and like the Budget its not the versions either party campaigned on..... Again, when will they work on the Jobs bill. The budget passed what two weeks ago? I have not heard word one of where they are on the Jobs bill they campaigned on. Sooo maybe I was on vacation and may have missed it.
You're just making stuff up. The repubs campaigned on stopping the bleeding and repealing obamacare, not more deficit spending. They passed the bills that fulfilled both promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies