Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 09:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Don't respond to what I said if you're not going to respond to what I said.
Actually all you did was ramble a bunch of nonsense, ignoring the fact that CEO's and other corporate executive have indeed been arrested and put in jail for actions they've taken on behalf of the corporations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 AM

32,822 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
Don't respond to what I said if you're not going to respond to what I said.
what's to repond to????.....you are talking about PENELTIES for a COVICTION of cheating...NO CORP has been convicted, but some CEO's have been...when they were found to be doing something illegal.......but we (this TOPIC) is about WHY they dont pay AMERICAN taxes..and that is because they pay (and get CREDITED FOR) foreign taxes

fact: the corps that everyone is screaming about (ge, exxon, google, etc) are TRANSNATIONAL (global) corps...that do pay LOTS, and LOTS of taxes on their profits...just they dont pay ONE country, they pay multiple

and some of the corps that people are complaining about (shell, bp) are not even american at all

Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Google's effective tax rate is not a loophole. At most, you can say it's the result of exploiting the current rules and loopholes. Which one of those offends you?

By the way, why does Google choose to use the "Double Irish" method of moving & declaring their income, the result of which is that they pay their taxes to countries other than the US? Is it because the US corporate tax rate is so low? If we increase the tax rate, will we collect more tax revenue from Google?
I didn't say it was a new loop-hole, but a loop-hole nonetheless. They need to start reviewing them and closing them just like Reagan did. Even you agree that there are loop holes to be closed. The idea is to close them, and then lower the corporate tax rate in US. The problem is that some companies are better positioned to exploit the loop holes than some others. For example small businesses are unlikely to be able to benefit from the same cookies as the big multinationals, and that is not right. Close the loopholes and end subsidies, and lower the rate, that is my opinion. You do not share the same view, and that is cool. You are entitled to your opinion.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-17-2011 at 09:44 AM..

Old 08-17-2011, 09:32 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,337,969 times
Quote:
Don't respond to what I say if you're not going to respond to what I say.

What'd I Say - Ray Charles (rare, original version with intro) - YouTube
Keep it up, MoFo's - Just keep it up!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
AGAIN.. Why is it ok to discuss Reagans policies on a thread dealing with corporations not paying taxes, but NOT Obamas?
AGAIN, you can discuss whatever the heck you want.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:37 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
AGAIN, you can discuss whatever the heck you want.
The self-appointed educator hates perspective. It doesn't help him push his agenda.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,240,736 times
Well those on the left scream bloody murder if you mention a flat tax. No loop holes for anyone. That would ensure that everyone paid taxes.
Most of us want everyone to pay taxes with no loopholes. Its the left that only want to focus on 1 group and not all.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well those on the left scream bloody murder if you mention a flat tax. No loop holes for anyone. That would ensure that everyone paid taxes.
Most of us want everyone to pay taxes with no loopholes. Its the left that only want to focus on 1 group and not all.
You think Reagan was unfair?

Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,845,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The left hates the idea of flat tax for the same reason that oligarchs like Putin love it. Besides the realization that it will only add to the burdens of the poor and the middle class.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,376,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't say it was a new loop-hole, but a loop-hole nonetheless. They need to start reviewing them and closing them just like Reagan did. Even you agree that there are loop holes to be closed. The idea is to close them, and then lower the corporate tax rate in US. The problem is that some companies are better positioned to exploit the loop holes than some others. For example small businesses are unlikely to be able to benefit from the same cookies as the big multinationals, and that is not right. Close the loopholes and end subsidies, and lower the rate, that is my opinion. You do not share the same view, and that is cool. You are entitled to your opinion.
My small business files just like the "big boys".

What deduction do you like they can take that I can not???

Line item.

This is what I use.....

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sc.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies