Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you favor making insurance policies easier to understand?
Yes 32 78.05%
No 7 17.07%
Not sure 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

I'm perplexed by the people who voted "no" on the poll question. Who could be against making insurance policies easier to read? Are these people insurance company executives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm perplexed by the people who voted "no" on the poll question. Who could be against making insurance policies easier to read? Are these people insurance company executives?
No......that's not it. The truth is there is a whole faction of our country that would dismantle all government subsidized health care and every other government subsidized program while they're at it. They won't admit it but that's what they really want. Frankly I'm amazed that the most powerful, richest nation on the planet who pride's itself on a Democratic Republic could squander all it's blood and treasure in far corners of the world while allowing it's own citizens to be hamstrung and bankrupted by an insidious private health insurance industry. Fixing this should be the first cause for any enlightened, compassionate nation.
Instead there is a faction that would dismantle all the good our form of government has provided over the decades to it's citizens and all in the name of self reliance. Self reliance is code for "you're on your own, buddy".
All the while they tell cute little folksy stories about how if the free market were allowed to work with out government regulation then a Drs. visit would only cost 50 bucks out of pocket. With the fact that private insurance policies have gone up on average of 12% per year, how's that free market system workin for us?

People forget that health insurance was provided by employers as an incentive to come work for them. They don't need to pay a large portion of your health insurance anymore. Why would they? Employers own the job market. For every position, there are 20 applicants who will work for wooden nickels only good at the company store. A lot of middle income jobs are 1099s. Take the money and feed your kids, nothing more. God help you if you get sick.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:47 AM

1,019 posts, read 590,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No......that's not it. The truth is there is a whole faction of our country that would dismantle all government subsidized health care and every other government subsidized program while they're at it. They won't admit it but that's what they really want. .
I'm happy to admit it. Dismantale, Aye. Bulldozer, please. Wrecking Ball, please, demo crew, please. Ready, Set.....DISMANTLE!!!!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:09 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
I am perplexed by anyone who voted yes on this. I am not sure why we need to spend taxpayer money to enact legislation simply because the average American is too lazy to take 30 minutes to read a policy.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
New rules will make health insurance easier to understand

Do you favor making insurance policies easier to understand? Why or why not?

did not vote.

I am in favor of goverment getting completely out of the health care system and letting the individual citizens make their own choices on what health care they need, not the goverment.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
did not vote.

I am in favor of goverment getting completely out of the health care system and letting the individual citizens make their own choices on what health care they need, not the goverment.
Will not happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies