Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 03:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Could you provide some examples of participants at gay pride events maintaining a "good image"?

I'm of the opinion that gay pride events generally cast participants in a very poor light. If you want to have a double standard for homosexual and heterosexual employees, do so, but don't try to distort facts such that people who believe homosexuality is unnatural and disgusting are presented as ignorant bigots. Gay sex is seen by many people as being unnatural because it serves no natural sexual function. Moreover, many of these same people believe gay sex is revolting as a function of their behavioral immune system. Being something we are born with, this reflexive response to homosexuality is a permanent part of our nature. To fail to respect that difference is a perfect example of the intolerance homosexuals have for heterosexuals.
Neither does oral sex, but I don't hear guys turning that down very often.

Nice try. There is no 'logical' reason to hate gay people. There is only irrational emotion, which people are still entitled to have. But don't try to make up real reasons when there aren't any. It's ignorant. And bigoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 03:42 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Could you provide some examples of participants at gay pride events maintaining a "good image"?

I'm of the opinion that gay pride events generally cast participants in a very poor light. If you want to have a double standard for homosexual and heterosexual employees, do so, but don't try to distort facts such that people who believe homosexuality is unnatural and disgusting are presented as ignorant bigots. Gay sex is seen by many people as being unnatural because it serves no natural sexual function. Moreover, many of these same people believe gay sex is revolting as a function of their behavioral immune system. Being something we are born with, this reflexive response to homosexuality is a permanent part of our nature. To fail to respect that difference is a perfect example of the intolerance homosexuals have for heterosexuals.
Have you ever been to a gay pride parade? In Sydney Australia, we have one of the biggest gay pride parades in the world. There are floats with police, military, nurses and doctors, churches, corporations, etc. Thousands of people come to watch the event with their families and children in support of gay rights.

Then there are a couple of floats with dancing guys in glitter/drag queens and dykes on bikes.

Guess which floats make the 30 second "news" bites?

Oh stop with the behavioral immune system nonsense. I read the same article as you. It was only a hypothesis and has nothing to do with homosexuality.

If you are straight, it's normal for you to feel squicked by gay sex, just as it's normal for gay people to be squicked by straight sex.
But guess what? Most gay people wouldn't be looking at straight people and thinking about how they have sex, unlike people like you who seem to have gay male sex on the brain.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You know why this comment is B.S.? Because I am gay and I don't even know when the gay pride events ARE. I have never been to one, I don't know when they are scheduled, and usually they go by and I never even knew they happened.

So you cannot tell me that they are in your face. You have to go out and FIND the damn things going on...on purpose.

Don't like 'em? Don't go to 'em. Who gives a crap when, why, and who goes out on parade? That's their damn business, like you said.
30 second news bites of a gay pride parade once a year and he is sick of gay pride parades being "shoved in his face"?

Please. Perhaps he could take some responsibility for not switching channels for 30 seconds once a year.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
I am getting tired of gay pride parades and all the other public crap that gays insist on sticking in my face. I don't care what they do in private. That will be dealt with when they die. Let them do what they want in private and shut up in public
How will gay people be "dealt with when they die" any differently to straight people? Buried? Cremated? A funeral? A wake?

Do you think there is some special process for gay people when they die that is different for straight people when they die?

Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
How will gay people be "dealt with when they die" any differently to straight people? Buried? Cremated? A funeral? A wake?

Do you think there is some special process for gay people when they die that is different for straight people when they die?
They go to Shellfish Hell. It's full of delicious, evil shellfish.

The West Wing- Bible Lesson - YouTube

Old 08-21-2011, 06:21 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
If I have a product and a public image, I am going to require those who work for me to maintain a good image. Going around publicizing being an ignorant, intolerant asshat is not good for anyone's image.

In America, we have freedom of speech. We do not, however, have freedom from the consequences of such speech when we owe our livelihoods to an employer.
Well said! And true!

Common sense in a thread with all too little.

Schools have to conform to certain laws/rules in order to qualify for federal money. One ignorant teacher could jeopardize that for everyone.

AND, as Repugs have repeatedly said and LOVE to say, "If you don't like your job, quit."

Old 08-21-2011, 06:24 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post

Hell.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
I kind of got a smile out of this. True this guy is a teacher and they probably cannot fire him for his views on gay marriage but on my job we were all warned not to say anything ON or OFF the job publicly about that issue or anything having to do with homosexuals at all. We were told we may not write letters to the paper or speak in public including in church about the subject or we would be terminated for creating a "hostile work environment".
Fla. teacher suspended after Facebook post on gays | Deseret News
The gay agenda, folks tried to warn people about things like this happening. Now it has arrives.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:29 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Homosexuality is just as evil as eating shellfish, at least according to the Bible.

Delicious, evil shellfish.
Department of unintended irony? Like the gay lobby, Corporate Clam flexes its political mussels and manipulates the feds for its own nefarious ends:

VII. The Shellfish Industry Has "Captured" The ISSC Process

Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Hell.
It's the 21st century and some people still believe in nonsense like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies