Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 AM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
since you have no clue, and since you didnt read my second apparently, i might suggest you read that one as well, it is just above your first post in this thread. but it is quite apparent you have NOTHING to add since oyu are resorting to name calling.
Uh, yeah, I did read your post.
You didn't say anything specific about the argument, you merely called it rubbish.

Quote:
i dont know if it exists or not, but by your post you also have NOTHING otherwise you would have provided links to prove your point.
Since you are such a rocket scientist I'm not surprised you seem to have me confused with another poster, I am not the OP. ROFL!!!!

Quote:
and just so you know, we had many problems with the police department where i live many years ago. cops were caught breaking into businesses after hours, homes etc. and when they were caught, they were ALL prosecuted, and they were ALL terminated from the force.
Well that is nice to know that the system can work.
Too bad it doesn't work more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:50 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
...respond to crimes which is part of the Constitutional duty that they have sworn on a bible to uphold.
Can you please cite the Article of the Constitution that lays out this "Constitutional duty" of a LOCAL law enforcement official?

Are you just trolling? Nobody can be so ignorant and unintelligent that they'd post not only the OP, but the above post as well. You've gotta be yanking our chains.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Here is a good cop anymore. I was pulled over for having expired registration. It was I think a month or so past and just forgot to go down and get it registered. Cops says he's gonna give me a break cause he could tow my car bla bla bla then hands me a 300 dollar ticket. What a good cop. I guess I got lucky he didn't tow my car then arrest me for jaywalking across the road as I trudged home five miles. Thanks pig.
I bet if the officer read this he'd be sorry he didn't have your car towed away.

I know I am.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:01 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Here is an example. Ignore it if you wish but the truth shall set you free......unless of course they need to generate revenue.

Police officers evaluated based on ticket quotas | Michigan Messenger (http://michiganmessenger.com/40100/police-officers-evaluated-based-on-ticket-quotas - broken link)
Speaking of MI, I once started walking after my car broke down, no AAA, no phone, no family,colder than all get out, I was screwed with a capital S. Along comes a MI cop and gives me a ride straight to my front door, he laughed when I told him this is the first time I've ever been in the front seat of a cop car. He didn't have to do that, he was a good cop.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:12 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,288,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Can you please cite the Article of the Constitution that lays out this "Constitutional duty" of a LOCAL law enforcement official?

Are you just trolling? Nobody can be so ignorant and unintelligent that they'd post not only the OP, but the above post as well. You've gotta be yanking our chains.
You are joking right? The Constitution is the law they are sworn to uphold.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:28 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
Yeah, the blue code makes cops look like hypocrites. Because let's face it, when they are interviewing people they want you to snitch on friends, family members, etc. But when it comes to talking about dirty cops and the like, will cops snitch? Forget about it! Not a single cop would come forward so why should we as a people obey the cops? Oh, that is right, we are slaves and they are our masters.

If the cops really were our friends they would be transparent and not be hardasses like they mostly are.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:10 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Yeah, the blue code makes cops look like hypocrites. Because let's face it, when they are interviewing people they want you to snitch on friends, family members, etc. But when it comes to talking about dirty cops and the like, will cops snitch? Forget about it! Not a single cop would come forward so why should we as a people obey the cops? Oh, that is right, we are slaves and they are our masters.

If the cops really were our friends they would be transparent and not be hardasses like they mostly are.
Those cops that are our masters, are they the same ones whose boss we elect?

Oh, right, minor detail, nevermind...

Old 08-23-2011, 05:13 PM

954 posts, read 1,280,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
You are joking right? The Constitution is the law they are sworn to uphold.
All government employees swear on oath to uphold the constitution, upholding the constitution means obeying the limitations it places on government.

For your reading pleasure:

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone - New York Times

Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nr5667 View Post
Until the internet was invented, I never realized how many crazy people there were...

You are so right.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:45 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Somebody got a ticket

Naaaaa...
I suspect his wife left him for a cop. He didn't realize spending all his spare time in the basement playing WoW would have consequences
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies