Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 06:26 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's only fair, since you seem to be the one with an agenda...
Everyone has an agenda.

Quote:
whereas I've only ever supported free & equal access to books, and oppose censorship no matter what the topic might be. So please, oh wise one, tell me what my agenda is? I'm a straight Jewish woman who works at a public library, and only gives patrons what they request - never taught in a public school, never gave anyone a gay-themed book they didn't want, and never denied anyone the Bibles (or anything else) on our shelves. I didn't make that required reading list, and don't even live in the state where it exists.
Then what about my post bothers you so much? I think you don't understand my position on this issue. Perhaps you should read more of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Considering the fact that most of the OP's article was incorrect, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a distorted and misrepresented claim as well.

Is is typical of anti-gay crusaders to misrepresent and distort things to push their anti-gay agenda? Yes.
Actually, this response affirms my claims of liberals being purposely deceptive.

You need only search "Chuck Earling, superintendent of Monroe Township Schools apologizes to parents" and you'll get a ton of hits from countless sources, so attempting to cast aspersions on the truthfulness of the claim that an apology was indeed made, is an overt example of deception and diversion.

And personally ... I'm not "anti-gay" .... I'm anti-gay-agenda which is promoted by radicals who target children with homosexual indoctrination. And aside your denials that this is not happening, the reality is that there has been and continues to be concerted efforts on multiple fronts to do just that ... none the least of which are efforts to lower, with the ultimate goal of doing away with age of consent laws, thereby decriminalizing sexual conduct with minors, primarily promoted by homosexual leftists.

And after examining and considering the historical positions taken by homosexual groups at the national level, (which is consistent with majority opinions presented on this and other similar threads by homosexuals), it is clear that even those claiming to be moderates will NEVER condemn the radicals .... nope ... you'll deny they exist ... deny there is an agenda ... distort and marginalize and make excuses for the actions taken by radicals because you either agree with the agenda or can't bring yourself to criticize a "member of the team". Consequently, you earn the wrath of those who challenge these radical positions by your tacit defense of them!

So if opposing these radical positions makes me "anti-gay", well, SO BE IT. But guess what? By leveling such a charge, a confession is being made that this agenda does exist, and that you support it. You cannot have it both ways.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Actually, this response affirms my claims of liberals being purposely deceptive.

You need only search "Chuck Earling, superintendent of Monroe Township Schools apologizes to parents" and you'll get a ton of hits from countless sources, so attempting to cast aspersions on the truthfulness of the claim that an apology was indeed made, is an overt example of deception and diversion.
I have no doubt that he made an apology. A worthless apology, yes. But an apology nonetheless.

Quote:
And personally ... I'm not "anti-gay" .... I'm anti-gay-agenda which is promoted by radicals who target children with homosexual indoctrination. And aside your denials that this is not happening, the reality is that there has been and continues to be concerted efforts on multiple fronts to do just that ... none the least of which are efforts to lower, with the ultimate goal of doing away with age of consent laws, thereby decriminalizing sexual conduct with minors, primarily promoted by homosexual leftists.

And after examining and considering the historical positions taken by homosexual groups at the national level, (which is consistent with majority opinions presented on this and other similar threads by homosexuals), it is clear that even those claiming to be moderates will NEVER condemn the radicals .... nope ... you'll deny they exist ... deny there is an agenda ... distort and marginalize and make excuses for the actions taken by radicals because you either agree with the agenda or can't bring yourself to criticize a "member of the team". Consequently, you earn the wrath of those who challenge these radical positions by your tacit defense of them!

So if opposing these radical positions makes me "anti-gay", well, SO BE IT. But guess what? By leveling such a charge, a confession is being made that this agenda does exist, and that you support it. You cannot have it both ways.
It appears that none of this blather makes any sense in context with the books in question nor the topic at hand.

Or is a heterosexual married mother now considered a homosexual leftist child molester because she was sexually assaulted by a 13-year old female?

And yes, the scene was indeed that of a 13-year old sexually assaulting an older married mother. If you think that my description is deceptive or a lie, then go to the library and find a copy of Norwegian Wood and start reading from the paragraph that starts on page 153.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:23 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:

Warriors of the Good unite in defense against the Homothreat and its assault on our youth!!!

Old 10-31-2011, 03:55 PM

181 posts, read 234,212 times
I am a "left-winger" and I don't agree with this. I don't think any side of the spectrum would agree that having a child reading about any kind of orgy is ok. Sexual orientation aside, children should be sheltered from certain things until they are at an appropriate age or possibly never. I'm 25 and I don't want to read about obscene acts.
What ever happened crime and punishment or shakespeare?

Old 10-31-2011, 04:16 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali1234 View Post
I am a "left-winger" and I don't agree with this. I don't think any side of the spectrum would agree that having a child reading about any kind of orgy is ok. Sexual orientation aside, children should be sheltered from certain things until they are at an appropriate age or possibly never. I'm 25 and I don't want to read about obscene acts.
What ever happened crime and punishment or shakespeare?
Shakespeare?
Have you read "Titus Andronicus?"

Old 10-31-2011, 04:49 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I just finished reading that article. I think there is no denying that there is a left-wing social agenda being pushed on the kids. It is very obvious, and anyone that denies this really needs a reality check and to come back down to earth for a bit. Bookstores and libraries having the books is one thing though, maja, but actively trying to push kids to read certain books that push this smut in an effort to brainwash kids into believing that gay sex is normal sex is wrong. This belongs in the domain of the parent-child relationship, not a government funded school.

Another reason why homeschooling is increasing in this country every year. People are tired of the left-wing social indoctrination going on in our schools without the parents' consent, because the teachers' unions think they know what your child should know. The schools need to concentrate on academics ONLY, not social issues. Our kids are being deliberately dumbed down and programmed to vote Democrat for as long as possible. K-12 education in the U.S. is taking an increasingly left-wing social stance while sacrificing academic achievement in the name of "diversity and tolerance"
Kids love home schooling...

Old 10-31-2011, 05:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
And even with graphic sex and orgies in their reading lists these kids are still behind in reading levels.
Go figure..even sex can't get them reading.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 AM

181 posts, read 234,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Shakespeare?
Have you read "Titus Andronicus?"
I'm not saying every Shakespeare book. I'm just saying I don't see a reason to expose children at such a young age. Yes, I do realize they will figure things out eventually. I just believe it should be later on in life when they are mature enough to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies