Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:34 PM

553 posts, read 1,027,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How do people cook for themselves in a house where others eat? I am a 78 year old male who lives with his wife who is very addicted to read meat. We have two sons, 30 and 26, who will never marry, at least until Mom's Diner closes down. Well she cooks the evening meal for them and all of them love that good old cow meat. One of them even raises calves to be fattened in feed lots so he is very strong about that kind of food. Our beef comes from cattle that he and his uncle have raised and we pay only for processing of them so our beef is pretty cheap.

Right now I am in the middle of getting a bunch of dental implants, on both sides of my mouth and just can't eat anything as chewy as beef so I have to fix my own meals. Yep, I have lost very near 10 pounds in the past 3 weeks and am loving every minute of it.

I forgot to say that I am not a real lover of meat other than pork and that evil hamburger, anyway.

Just eating what the family eats is not good for me.

I said just reduce it. The fact is, people who eat a lot of meat eat it for pleasure, and more then they need. That kind of meat is usually something grilled, fatty, fried, roasted.. etc.
I do not think you would be able to eat as much lean meat as fatty and grilled meat.
Also the key is not to put a ban on tasty fatty grilled meat, just treat it as a special treat and do not overindulge yourself. Good luck with your implants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 06:30 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,476,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
So HE can have the damned supply for his own fat self.
LOL. That is what I was thinking.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,480,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post

I said just reduce it. The fact is, people who eat a lot of meat eat it for pleasure, and more then they need. That kind of meat is usually something grilled, fatty, fried, roasted.. etc.
You say that like it was a bad thing. If eating was not pleasurable we would certainly be eating a lot less. However, good food is not a drug. Nobody is addicted to meat or vegetables.

Fat is where you will find the flavor. Nothing beats a good, well-marbled rib-eye steak on the barbeque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressy View Post
I do not think you would be able to eat as much lean meat as fatty and grilled meat.
Also the key is not to put a ban on tasty fatty grilled meat, just treat it as a special treat and do not overindulge yourself. Good luck with your implants.
I disagree. I eat the same amount, regardless of whether it is a fatty rib-eye, a lean London broil cut, or extremely lean cut of moose. As long as I have a nice bottle of cabernet sauvignon accompanying my beef/moose, preferably from Napa Valley.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:16 PM

764 posts, read 597,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Someone who is ''finally proud of her country'', only after her husband is nominated for president, is insignificant to me.
...so, why not just...stop talking about her? That's fine. But don't make things up. Michelle Obama never told parents what they, and their kids. could eat. Same way Al Gore didn't tell you what to eat, and how often to. Suggestions, ideas, and advice aren't the same things as demands and mandates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Just what is it about people giving sound and beneficial advice that so irks some people? When the First Lady started the anti-obesity program, some people acted as if she were telling kids to eat rat poison. Seriously, what is up with that?
QFT...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies