Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times

Advertisements

Gore-ging on Energy, One Year Later Gore's Home Energy Use Climbs 10%

"In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

"In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

"Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration."

Ooopsie." What an understatement!

Gore-ging on Energy, One Year Later Gore's Home Energy Use Climbs 10% | NewsBusters.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 06:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,504,903 times
I heard he has his own nuclear reactor.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:00 PM

I wouldn't put that past him!

Old 06-17-2008, 08:04 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,443,034 times
I'll buy that for a dollar....(Robocop)

Old 06-17-2008, 08:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post

"In the year since Al Gore took steps to make his home more energy-efficient, the former Vice President’s home energy use surged more than 10%, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research.

"In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.

"Since taking steps to make his home more environmentally-friendly last June, Gore devours an average of 17,768 kWh per month –1,638 kWh more energy per month than before the renovations – at a cost of $16,533. By comparison, the average American household consumes 11,040 kWh in an entire year, according to the Energy Information Administration."

Ooopsie." What an understatement!

Gore-ging on Energy, One Year Later Gore's Home Energy Use Climbs 10% | NewsBusters.org
haha, 213,210 kilowatt-hours a MONTH? And here I am considering adding solar and wind generators because of my $200+ a month electric bill.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
How does this fool have any credibility left at all?

Good god, the hypocrisy of it all.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How does this fool have any credibility left at all?

Good god, the hypocrisy of it all.
But dont worry sanrene, he endorsed Obama, and received a job offer if Obama is elected. He'll have lots of credibility after he gets another government job..

Old 06-17-2008, 08:54 PM

So he endorsed obama. BFD!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:14 PM

955 posts, read 2,158,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post

Here is my problem. It is not in the enregy he consumes. It is in the hypocracy of anyone who is a champion of anything and does not "walk the walk". I do not care if, for example, Rush Limbaugh, uses a lot of energy or has a huge carbon footprint since he is not preaching at us. His message is consistent with his actions.

But you can go to the green thread and read about all the little things that people are doing, and God bless them for their efforts, and then the prize winning guru of all things green uses 17,768 kWh per month at his residence. This does not include jets, limos, etc.

There aren't enough trees on the planet to save us from him.

Yet there will be posters supporting his energy use because in their minds rules are not meant for everyone, just the unwashed masses, just the little people.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:35 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperPeninsulaRon View Post
Here is my problem. It is not in the enregy he consumes. It is in the hypocracy of anyone who is a champion of anything and does not "walk the walk". I do not care if, for example, Rush Limbaugh, uses a lot of energy or has a huge carbon footprint since he is not preaching at us. His message is consistent with his actions.

But you can go to the green thread and read about all the little things that people are doing, and God bless them for their efforts, and then the prize winning guru of all things green uses 17,768 kWh per month at his residence. This does not include jets, limos, etc.

There aren't enough trees on the planet to save us from him.

Yet there will be posters supporting his energy use because in their minds rules are not meant for everyone, just the unwashed masses, just the little people.
Couldn't agree more. My wife and I carpool, recycle, use green cleaning products, have CFL bulbs all through the house, turn off unused lights, all that good stuff ... because we believe in treading as lightly as possible on the planet. For me, being a good environmental steward is part of being pro-life. It's too bad that the spokesman for green living can't do what others do. Classic example of "do what I say, not what I do."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies