Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times

Advertisements

ScienceDaily (Nov. 14, 2008) — Researchers at the UC, San Diego School of Medicine, led by Ajit Varki, M.D., have manifested new mechanism for how human consumption of red meat and milk products could contribute to the increased risk of cancerous tumors.

How Eating Red Meat Can Spur Cancer Progression: New Mechanism Identified

anyone who has tumors or cysts, its the first thing your dr. will tell you to cut down on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 08:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
mmmmmm. T-Bone.....mmmmmmmm. Rib-eye......MMMMMMMMM
Quote:
A recent investigation into industrialized agriculture feeding practices has revealed some disturbing information of which many may not be aware. Commercial animal husbandry practices often involve feeding livestock mass amounts of animal waste, including chicken litter, which contains chicken feces, bedding, feathers, and other unknown residue.
Commercial beef really is made out of chicken feces

mmmmmmmmmmmmm...now that's delish.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
tax it like tobacco.tax it even higher to get the behavior you wish. my elk in the freezer and I will never notice.nor my baccy plants. glad I abandoned this silly society.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
factory farming is horrible .Its hard to even read about it...

ASPCA | Factory Farming

The preemptive, constant feeding of antibiotics to prevent disease. Humans consuming dairy and meat products from factory farms may develop immunities to antibiotics and thus lose the ability to fight certain strains of bacteria.

Tightly controlled light cycles to simulate longer or shorter days. This confuses an animal's body and forces an unnatural growth response.

Altering animals' bodies to prevent them from acting out on the aggression and anxiety caused by living in such extreme confinement.
Forcing breeding animals to reproduce at unnaturally accelerated rates, causing them exhaustion, stress and early deaths.
Rough transportation of livestock to slaughterhouses, after which sick or injured animals who fell or died on the way (referred to as "downers") are forced onto slaughter trucks―often with a bulldozer.

peta.org

Old 08-27-2011, 09:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Al Gore needs an enema.

He is so full of crap.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:24 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
God forbid you should do something healthy and ecologically positive.

Yes, it's your right as an American to eat an entire cow and sh*t all over God's green Earth, but doing so because you think its some perverse expression of your independence and freedom is perverse.
...and all this while I've been eating it because I LIKE IT.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
factory farming is horrible .Its hard to even read about it...

ASPCA | Factory Farming

The preemptive, constant feeding of antibiotics to prevent disease. Humans consuming dairy and meat products from factory farms may develop immunities to antibiotics and thus lose the ability to fight certain strains of bacteria.

Tightly controlled light cycles to simulate longer or shorter days. This confuses an animal's body and forces an unnatural growth response.

Altering animals' bodies to prevent them from acting out on the aggression and anxiety caused by living in such extreme confinement.
Forcing breeding animals to reproduce at unnaturally accelerated rates, causing them exhaustion, stress and early deaths.
Rough transportation of livestock to slaughterhouses, after which sick or injured animals who fell or died on the way (referred to as "downers") are forced onto slaughter trucks―often with a bulldozer.

peta.org
I'm going to eat it, that doesn't get much worse then that.

Losing a limb is minor when you are going to die anyway.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:29 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,047,317 times
Burping and farting causes global warming...

Old 08-27-2011, 09:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
He'd really freak out, if he saw me bowhunting.

Of coarse, that too will eventually be outlawed if you keep letting them take baby steps to ending your freedoms.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He'd really freak out, if he saw me bowhunting.

Of coarse, that too will eventually be outlawed if you keep letting them take baby steps to ending your freedoms.
Ain't that the truth. hunting gets harder and harder every year. More and more hoops to jump through to get a license or a place to hunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies