Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Nope, global warming wasn't mentioned in the article. Well not till the second line, anyway. Here is the first paragraph in the article where global warming damned sure was mentioned.

Former Vice-President Al Gore wants everybody to eschew meat-heavy diets and get with organic fare to combat global warming, according to a report by Politico.
Well, my bad. I glossed over the opening statement. However, the points I made were entirely relevant. I believe humans impact climate in a bad way. Whether that's warming or cooling or whatever, our actions and our insistence on eating meat means many will starve and environments will be destroyed. Clearly there is room for improvement and unlike you and so many others, ignoring the message because you don't like the messenger has always proven to be a perilous course of action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 10:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
According to the EPA that is exactly what is happening. Methane gas is terrible stuff.
And to think.......back in the good ole days, places like this had methane pits to power their gas lights, etc.....
About.com: http://www.bellemeadeplantation.com/

Old 08-27-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Well, my bad. I glossed over the opening statement. However, the points I made were entirely relevant. I believe humans impact climate in a bad way. Whether that's warming or cooling or whatever, our actions and our insistence on eating meat means many will starve and environments will be destroyed. Clearly there is room for improvement and unlike you and so many others, ignoring the message because you don't like the messenger has always proven to be a perilous course of action.
Oy vey.......

Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times

Pink Floyd - Money Music Video - YouTube
Al Gore is about^

Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
I eat A LOT of red meat. I also eat a lot of pork and chicken. I buy my beef from local farmers who raise them on grass pastures. The pork and chicken I buy come from companies who practice natural farming. I could care less what some bloated, greedy, fat head politician with a financial motive has to say about how much meat I should eat. I usually eat 5-6 pounds of beef per week and will continue to do so as it is both healthy and perfectly fine for the environment when compared to all the packaged junk and grain/sugar based garbage that line the shelves of grocery stores.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:58 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I didn't see anything in the article about cow farts.
You sure? I'm pretty sure the article mentions Hillary breaking wind.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:01 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I eat A LOT of red meat. I also eat a lot of pork and chicken. I buy my beef from local farmers who raise them on grass pastures. The pork and chicken I buy come from companies who practice natural farming. I could care less what some bloated, greedy, fat head politician with a financial motive has to say about how much meat I should eat. I usually eat 5-6 pounds of beef per week and will continue to do so as it is both healthy and perfectly fine for the environment when compared to all the packaged junk and grain/sugar based garbage that line the shelves of grocery stores.
But how will Al pay for his jet, multiple houses and cars? He's probably got child support now. Paying 30,000 dollars a year for heating ONE of his houses has to be paid. Good grief, he may have to get a job!!!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
You can rest assured that it has something to do with global warming. Oh yeah, it does.

Gore Wants You to Eat Less Meat
Explains why Tipper left.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Explains why Tipper left.
Can you blame her?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:11 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,507,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
But how will Al pay for his jet, multiple houses and cars? He's probably got child support now. Paying 30,000 dollars a year for heating ONE of his houses has to be paid. Good grief, he may have to get a job!!!
Exactly...no matter the message that comes from him, he has lost all credibility because of his hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies