Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

They should have done what nagin and gov blanco did before katrina....sit on their brains and then blame Bush.

Typical lefties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 09:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think governors care more about re-election than what they should of done instead of what they did do... this has been proven many times over... it is not something that is unusual or uncommon... its crazy to think otherwise...
Yes, but when you do the right thing by the people you represent, you get re-elected.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Yes, but when you do the right thing by the people you represent, you get re-elected.
Doing the right thing? Doing the right thing also involves knowing better than overdo the right thing which then becomes a wrong thing...

Old 08-27-2011, 09:07 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I think they have done a tremendous job trying to prepare. Nothing wrong with getting ridiculed for being too prepared then under prepared. What do you guys think? Even some Govs. that I don't like have done a great job IMO.
I'm not the biggest fan of Christie, and I think he's doing a good job. Today he sent buses to the highrises in Atlantic City where seniors refused to evacuate, saying on TV he will be sending people to speak with them, that they can't force them to move, but that they will try to persuade them to let them take them inland to a shelter with beds, food and water. LOL, yesterday he was yelling, "GET OFF THE BEACHES!!!"

98% of Cape May County evacuated. 95% of Long Beach Island evacuated.

These people won't leave, though.

Homeless of Lakewood's Tent City won't leave for storm | The Asbury Park Press | APP.com

Old 08-27-2011, 09:07 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Doing the right thing? Doing the right thing also involves knowing better than overdo the right thing which then becomes a wrong thing...
I hear what you are saying, but I live here. I think they are doing the right thing regardless of politics. Only leaders are prepared, the rest are followers...

Old 08-27-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of Christie, and I think he's doing a good job. Today he sent buses to the highrises in Atlantic City where seniors refused to evacuate, saying on TV he will be sending people to speak with them, that they can't force them to move, but that they will try to persuade them to let them take them inland to a shelter with beds, food and water. LOL, yesterday he was yelling, "GET OFF THE BEACHES!!!"

98% of Cape May County evacuated. 95% of Long Beach Island evacuated.

These people won't leave, though.

Homeless of Lakewood's Tent City won't leave for storm | The Asbury Park Press | APP.com
I agree. He has busses waiting in front of those complexes. Better then leaving them to get flooded in their parking space..

Old 08-27-2011, 09:17 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I just hope that people are taking this seriously and not becoming complacent because "it's only a Cat 1".
We rarely agree, but in this instance you're dead on!!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They should have done what nagin and gov blanco did before katrina....sit on their brains and then blame Bush.

Typical lefties.
There was plenty of **** up to go around after Katrina. I agree the Governor and the Mayor should have been better prepared. That still doesn't mean the federal government couldn't have been a little bit smarter to get water down there and ready.

People in Biloxi were getting help the next day, Brownie was doing a heck of a job, in mississippi.

Casting blame on someone else to deflect it from your own faults is pathetic, regardless of who you are.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
We rarely agree, but in this instance you're dead on!!

+1

Old 08-27-2011, 10:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
I think they have done a great job.
Have to say this, though.....I didnt hear our own Governor say diddley when Irene was lurking off the FL coast, and I was glued to the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies