Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

Another way of looking at it is that abortion is a service, and as Ron Paul explains, you are not entitled to somebody elses services, and then expecting others to pay for it. Abortion is not a 'right'. Our rights include life!

Ron Paul 2012 - Ron Paul Destroys Michael Moore On Larry King - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 02:32 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You have every right to do any of the following:
1.) Go participate in a wild -- fully consensual -- sex orgy.
2.) Go horseback riding through the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
3.) Go get drunk and act like a complete idiot for hours on end.
4.) Go rock climbing.
5.) Run a marathon.
6.) Run up $30,000 in credit card debt mostly buying new shoes.
7.) Post naked pictures of yourself on the Internet.
-- And IMHO, you should have the right to go get high as a kite on heroine or any other illicit drug you prefer.

Why do you have a right to do all of these things? Because if there is a victim, then the only victim is yourself.

Things we don't have a right to do:
1.) Kick the dog to death because you had a stressful day.
2.) Beat our children into unconsciousness when they annoy you.
3.) Beat the crap out of your spouse for not having dinner ready when you wanted.
4.) Rape anyone you find extremely attractive.
5.) Kidnap somebody else's child and raise it as your own because you didn't have any children.
6.) Mug somebody on the street everything of value they have.

Good rule to live by: Your right to swing your fist around ends when it comes into contact with somebody else's nose. Abortion does not fit that category because there is definitely a victim: The unborn child. That victim pays the ultimate price in being killed in order to satisfy the needs/wants/complexities of life of the mother who aborts her child -- all of which happens whether he/she (the unborn baby) wants to live or not.

Excellent thought and I'd like to expand upon it! I think that doctor assisted suicide should be a standard required part of the process of getting your medical licence. If you don't know how to competently help somebody kill themselves, then you don't get to be a medical doctor. Hey, let's open assisted suicide clinics while we're at it!

While we're at it, we need more doctors who are willing to train parents in the fine art of using sedatives and stimulants to get their young children to be calm when they want them calm and energetic when wanted. And a little training and materials would go a long ways for husbands who want to off their good for nothing nagging wives -- via impossible to trace poisoning. Wives should likewise be able to get rid of good for nothing lazy husbands in the same way. We're all about making people's lives better! Everyone wins!

Answer to both points is simple. If the notion of procreation is so utterly offensive and horrible. If you feel like you are now forced to become breeding stock, there's a good ol' farmer's solution for you! It's a solution that really and truly involves your choice that is about your body, only your body and absolutely will not hurt anyone else: GET A HYSTERECTOMY!! Hell, push the government to provide them free of charge to any woman who wants one!

I get that there are a lot of the extenuating circumstances and agree that abortion should be an option in cases of rape, incest, severe deformity, when the mother's life/health is in danger, etc. But if women can act like idiots and not bother to use birth control and then force the government to pay for it -- then men should be able to get a penis enlargement and do it on the US Government's dime. After all, "it's my body, it's nobody's business but mine. I have a right to an enlargement!"

While I do disagree with abortion in most cases, if the majority voice of the people has spoken and abortion is made legal then I'll just have to live with that. What irritates me is the Supreme Court hijacking the issue with no shred of Constitutional basis to speak of. The US Constitution does not mention pregnancy. It doesn't define when life officially begins. It does not explain when and how human rights are gained. The Constitution is quite explicit about what you do next: Any power not granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution reverts to the States. That's where it always should have been anyways.
If you get the hysterectomy, that would most likely kill the fetus.
(Yes, I'm being intentionally obtuse.)

You point kind of makes sense until you look at fertility clinics. Should those be banned as well? Why do I ask?

IVF : Failure & Treatment

When they attempt to implant those embryos and those embryos fail to impant, who gets charged with the multiple homicides? I mean, look....they just killed a lot of people. I'd say put the mom in jail for life. After all, they were OK before they met her, right? Once inside, they didn't stand a chance.

Maybe just manslaughter. See how dumb this line of thought sounds?
If you're murdering with abortion, then you're murdering with fertility clinics.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:49 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
If you get the hysterectomy, that would most likely kill the fetus.
(Yes, I'm being intentionally obtuse.)

You point kind of makes sense until you look at fertility clinics. Should those be banned as well? Why do I ask?

IVF : Failure & Treatment

When they attempt to implant those embryos and those embryos fail to impant, who gets charged with the multiple homicides? I mean, look....they just killed a lot of people. I'd say put the mom in jail for life. After all, they were OK before they met her, right? Once inside, they didn't stand a chance.

Maybe just manslaughter. See how dumb this line of thought sounds?
If you're murdering with abortion, then you're murdering with fertility clinics.
Well, my wife and I just had our first child via IVF so I can probably speak to you're convoluted non-point:
1.) In the good ol' fashioned pregnancy scenario, the vast majority of brand new pregnancies fail, the embryo dies and the whole works gets expelled. Most couples don't realize that they were pregnant for a whole day or so when the woman has her period roughly on time they are blissfully unaware that she just miscarried a pregnancy -- and probably has done so many, many times.
2.) IVF embryos are being given significantly better odds of survival. Everything imaginable is done to make the woman's body a hospitable and safe environment. Shots, shots and more shots -- it suck stabbing a thick two inch long needle into your wife every single day. But you're doing it to help those embryos beat the odds and survive, so you suck it up and do it anyways.
3.) IVF does not pick and choose which embryos will fail. The goal is to try to hugely raise the odds that all implanted embryos will survive and let nature handle the rest of everything else you can't control.

The dilemma of having more embryos that couldn't be implanted sounds tough, but in our case we got two viable (alive and dividing) embryos and both were implanted. So we didn't have to deal with that this time around. We would have been thrilled if both had made it but it was not to be. Just our little boy survived. But nobody went out of their way to kill the other embryo. On the contrary, everything possible was done to cheat the system and help that embryo also survive those most dangerous first few weeks in the womb. But he or she (no idea what gender they were) didn't make it.

So with all that in mind, how on earth do you try a fertility clinic for murder??

Old 09-01-2011, 03:55 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
RWA BS -
they have been trying to ban abortion forever and show no sign of stopping. If you value individual freedom to control what happens to your own body be ever vigilant about the RWA's efforts to criminalize abortion. The funding is irrelevant because they will never give up oppressing women. Poor women mostly.
Progressive mantra....."Give all women freedom....unless they're in the womb, then they're fair game!".

Old 09-01-2011, 04:00 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
Quote:
A fetus is NOT a child until born. Simple fact that the dominators ignore.
And you would know this because you've had a child ?! Pleeeez !!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:05 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
A fetus is NOT a child until born. Simple fact that the dominators ignore.
Why is the murder of a pregnant woman considered a double homicide?

You can't have it both ways.

Besides, if your argument were correct, NO premature child would ever survive.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Roe v. Wade states, that not even a congressional law can ban abortions.

The big lie and talking point of the corrupt Progressive left.

Skew the truth, for the uneducated. Say it enough and idiots will believe you and the evidence is abundant here.

Privately funded abortions are no problem what so ever.
Government funded abortions, using taxes is not going to fly with any Conservative mind.
This is the way the left always plays politics. They will claim that the Republicans (or the "right wing extremists") want to do what they cannot do. It plays well with the ignorant masses, who are their base.

But, regardless of what you may think of abortion, the issue isn't even on the table.

Abortion is being defeated anyway, little by little, by the changing hearts and minds of people who now realize that it is murder, and they want no part of it. Abortions are on decline.

This is one reason why Planned Parenthood (the largest abortion provider in the world) fights tooth and nail to for every federal dime possible, and to worm their way into the public schools to continue the brainwashing they have been doing for many years. They are trying to survive. A very large portion of their profit comes from performing abortions, after all.

It isn't good enough to limit their funding to activities that do not include abortion, either. This only frees up money that can be used for their abortion clinic operations (it's taking money from one pocket and putting it in the other).

Much of the public at large does not want to fund abortion with their tax money, even if they consider themselves to be "pro-choice". And this is the best that any politician can advocate for; no tax payer funding of abortions.

The law will be with us for years to come. It may never be overturned. But they will use that as a hammer against Republicans just the same.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why is the murder of a pregnant woman considered a double homicide?

You can't have it both ways.
I just read his posts in this thread and saw nothing to suggest he supports charging someone with the murder of a fetus, yet you still made that assumption.

Interesting.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:40 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Abortion is being defeated anyway, little by little, by the changing hearts and minds of people who now realize that it is murder, and they want no part of it. Abortions are on decline.
Not quite. Public support for abortion can fluctuate between surveys (and for a handful of reasons) but even the low support shown in 2009 is still within the range shown by previous polls, and the pro-life camp has NEVER had the majority. As for the decline in abortions, we know most of that is due to the increase in medication versus surgical prescription, the former of which in harder to track. Most researchers are also of the opinion that improvements in birth control options/availability and the continued rejection of abstinence only education has had more of an effect than any change in public opinion.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
RWA BS -
they have been trying to ban abortion forever and show no sign of stopping. If you value individual freedom to control what happens to your own body be ever vigilant about the RWA's efforts to criminalize abortion. The funding is irrelevant because they will never give up oppressing women. Poor women mostly.
And so, you believe the lie.

I wonder if you have ever thought about how other countries (specifically, those that are Muslim) oppress women? I don't think there was ever a time in America when women were oppressed as they have been for many centuries in most third world countries. But, I digress.

I think you should read the history of Planned Parenthood, and more importantly, read about Margaret Sanger, the founder and heroine of Planned Parenthood. Her purpose in advocating for abortion (for poor women, specifically minority women) was to prevent the reproduction of those whom she considered to be of inferior stock. Adolf Hitler would have loved her, and perhaps he did.

Sanger did not have the "rights" of women in mind in her quest to make abortion legal, as most people believe today. Her intentions were more evil.

Even so, abortion itself is evil. It is legalized murder, and it is done in the most grisley of ways one can dare to imagine.

Knowing the truth about abortion, no one would be for it. But too many are still ignorant, and they wish to remain so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies