Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 05:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Put up a viable candidate first, then we shall see. So far you just have a bunch of loons as your frontrunners.

the republicans could put up ronald mcdonald and he would beat out obama, and from the looks of things it looks like the republicans are doing just that with romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 05:23 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the republicans could put up ronald mcdonald and he would beat out obama, and from the looks of things it looks like the republicans are doing just that with romney.

Do you think if you stand in your front yard and say "its going to rain money today" enough times that it'll happen?

Only fools, liars, or both predict the future with certainty. If you tell me you know what is going to happen, for fact, in November of 2012, then you sir are a fool or a liar, or both.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Do you think if you stand in your front yard and say "its going to rain money today" enough times that it'll happen?

Only fools, liars, or both predict the future with certainty. If you tell me you know what is going to happen, for fact, in November of 2012, then you sir are a fool or a liar, or both.

nope, I dont expect any of that to happen. I expect that when the elections come, both the republican and democrat parties will keep the status quo in place, just like it has always been for the last 98 years.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
nope, I dont expect any of that to happen. I expect that when the elections come, both the republican and democrat parties will keep the status quo in place, just like it has always been for the last 98 years.

But thats not what you said. You said it didn't matter if Republicans ran Ronald McDonald, he would beat Obama.

This simply isn't true, and no one knows how the elections are going to turn out in 2012, no one.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But thats not what you said. You said it didn't matter if Republicans ran Ronald McDonald, he would beat Obama.

This simply isn't true, and no one knows how the elections are going to turn out in 2012, no one.

true, it is what I said, and yes nobody can predict the future, but also remember that if you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it.

hence what we have with obama is another repeat of carter. I will not predict anything, but obama is doing badly enough that the only way he can win is if it is a 3 party race.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:59 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Latest state polls, and state by state is all that counts, show an even split amongst safe leads, with 141 up for grabs in swing states. Just like 2008, 11 states decide the fate of 50.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
true, it is what I said, and yes nobody can predict the future, but also remember that if you forget the past you are doomed to repeat it.

hence what we have with obama is another repeat of carter. I will not predict anything, but obama is doing badly enough that the only way he can win is if it is a 3 party race.

Um, Carters raids failed in the middle east. Obama is succeeding swimingly, ask Usama, oh right, you can't.

You can try and compare Obama to Carter, but the same parallels between Johnson and Bush could be drawn, or Nixon and Clinton.

But the real truth is, none of them are exactly alike.

And I think there is a strong chance that if anyone other then Mitt Romney or Huntsman wins the primary, that Republicans will be embarrased.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:07 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:

A completely unscientific and casual perusal of posts in this sub-forum says a significant number would vote for Obama. Even now. Explain your assertions in that light. I get the fool/liar thing from Memphis1979, what we need is a term for people who are reading posts in support of Obama day after day but insist he is snakebit and cannot survive past 2012. Denial isn't a strong enough word IMO.

H

Old 11-15-2011, 06:12 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
A lot of you are making the mistake that what is "bad" for you is bad for everyone else. How much convincing do some of you need that this is decidedly not the case? Obama hasn't created jobs because Obama cannot create jobs. He knows that, you know it, we all know it. Jobs were needed while Bush was still in office and he couldn't create them. If jobs are what is needed to save America, guess what, America is done. Finito. Kaput. Anyone who runs on a platform of "Jobs For America" is a liar. Run. Now, someone who says they will repeal NAFTA... I'd be leery but I'd say they had a clue of what is required to create jobs.

H

Old 11-15-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
A completely unscientific and casual perusal of posts in this sub-forum says a significant number would vote for Obama. Even now. Explain your assertions in that light. I get the fool/liar thing from Memphis1979, what we need is a term for people who are reading posts in support of Obama day after day but insist he is snakebit and cannot survive past 2012. Denial isn't a strong enough word IMO.

H

denial is not strong enough? ok, how about unelectable. I thought bush killed the country with his mismanagement, but obama not only pushed the knife in further, he twisted it as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies