Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
That is far likelier in Kansas than California.
It seemed to me that you were making a comparison between a state with a lower UE and less desirable living conditions, say Kansas, and a state with high UE and more desirable living conditions, Cali.

In Cali, without work you will inevitably eat from a garbage can. Is it really worth doing that just because the weather is nicer and the girls are prettier?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 05:57 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
I believe this. My company shut down a plant in CA and moved it out of the state last year because the regulatory costs were much too high. You just can't make a profit doing manufacturing in California because of how absolutely insane the regulations are.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I believe this. My company shut down a plant in CA and moved it out of the state last year because the regulatory costs were much too high. You just can't make a profit doing manufacturing in California because of how absolutely insane the regulations are.
I don't care if the liberals in California run their state into the ground. They've already done that for the most part.

What better not happen is a federal bailout of California and all the other failed liberal states (Illinois, New York come to mind).

Old 09-07-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I don't care if the liberals in California run their state into the ground. They've already done that for the most part.

What better not happen is a federal bailout of California and all the other failed liberal states (Illinois, New York come to mind).
It IS a shame that our Californian customers have to pay such high fuel costs to have truckloads shipped from out of state, but they can thank their government for that...

Old 09-07-2011, 06:08 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Link: The Golden State Is Crumbling | Newgeography.com

Can't say I'm surprised. This is what happens when you give unbridled power to the left. And yes, Schwarzenegger was a leftist despite the (R) after his name.
Deep deep red SC is right above Cali and we dont even have the good things Cali does. So if this is an attempt and left and right it failed. SC is as right wing republican controled as you can get. Do you really want to go tit for tat comparing red state blue state because Im willing? I think I know the answer.
Unemployment Rates for States

Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:

South Carolina Ranked Among Top Five States for Hunger | wltx.com

I guess liberals caused this too. Oh wait liberals have no power at all in SC. You think about 600,000 of those awful libs can relocate to SC. That should just about do it. Of coarse 8 to 10.00 an hour is what most of them will make here. No benefits,just hope you don't get sick. If you do get sick die real quick. I will be willing to trade person for person.

All States should be red as SC. Just think about how wonderful life would be.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:28 AM

Why can't democrats and republicans realize that they are both as bad as each other? What will it take to realize that both sides of the isle are bringing this country down?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 AM

I see. Silence

Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
California must have a huge surplus of cash. I mean they just passed the dream act, so obviously they have money to burn.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:00 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
That is far likelier in Kansas than California.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Kansas rates 15 spots higher than California on the livability index. This data is from 2005, so the spread is probably even higher since CA's unemployment rate is twice that of KS.

The homeless rate is also seven times higher in CA than KS, so if you're eating out the trash you're far more likely to be living by the beach than by a farm.

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2011 at 07:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies