Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 01:22 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,981,669 times

Advertisements

I'm not a 9/11 "truther" however I do believe that history teaches us skepticism of governments, their actions, and their explanations is usually based in elements of truth. When in doubt follow the money. In this case, following the money only leads to more eyebrow raising of the official explainations.

I may never reach the point where I can wrap my head around the possibility that any government could play part in murding thousands of its own innocent and unsuspecting civilians. However, there is little doubt in my mind that our government used the events of 9/11 to significantly grow its footprint of control over the activities of its citizens while simultaneously escalating the deprivation of Constitutional liberties.

On this anniversary it is enough to recognize that thousands of people who were in those buildings ten years ago still live or lived longer because of the hundreds of first responders who unselfishly gave their lives to rescue them or aid their escape prior to the buildings collapsing.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:31 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,044,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I'm not a 9/11 "truther" however I do believe that history teaches us skepticism of governments, their actions, and their explanations is usually based in elements of truth. When in doubt follow the money. In this case, following the money only leads to more eyebrow raising of the official explainations.

I may never reach the point where I can wrap my head around the possibility that any government could play part in murding thousands of its own innocent and unsuspecting civilians. However, there is little doubt in my mind that our government used the events of 9/11 to significantly grow its footprint of control over the activities of its citizens while simultaneously escalating the deprivation of Constitutional liberties.

On this anniversary it is enough to recognize that thousands of people who were in those buildings ten years ago still live or lived longer because of the hundreds of first responders who unselfishly gave their lives to rescue them or aid their escape prior to the buildings collapsing.

Of course not it could never happen in America because our politicians are not like those evil murdering dictators that have existed all over the world and throughout history. We are special......god loves us........

If you don't think the Cheney's of the world couldn't be behind a 9/11 type event you really have no clue who runs your government or the people that pull your government's strings. I guess you have no clue how Hitler came to power and managed to sway an entire nation. You think you are so different than a german citizen living in the 1930s? Don't be so naive. We preach freedom and liberty in America but it is so out of touch nowadays for most people.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,981,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Of course not it could never happen in America because our politicians are not like those evil murdering dictators that have existed all over the world and throughout history. We are special......god loves us........

If you don't think the Cheney's of the world couldn't be behind a 9/11 type event you really have no clue who runs your government or the people that pull your government's strings. I guess you have no clue how Hitler came to power and managed to sway an entire nation. You think you are so different than a german citizen living in the 1930s? Don't be so naive. We preach freedom and liberty in America but it is so out of touch nowadays for most people.
Another personal attack? I'm shocked!

Old 09-11-2011, 01:35 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,742,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Fair enough.

I'm of the opinion there was no way to bring down the WTC1 and 2, it just was not humanly possible to have planned that to all take place in 102 minutes, even with foreknowledge of events. I don't think the buildings were designed to withstand an airliner completely full of fuel.

I cannot accept the Popular Mechanics explanation that WTC7 came down as a result of "burning office furniture" when compared to Madrid/Beijing
I tend to agree with you that it's not plausible that towers 1 and 2 were brought down with conventional demolition planning as most of us know it. Then again, most of us know very little in depth about building demolition and I'll be the first to admit that my ignorance on the subject. But I allow for possibilities that most of us with little expertise would never think of.

I just keep an open mind because what I saw and what I've been told just isn't getting through the filter of my common sense. Especially in light of the way this event so quickly materialized as a political pile-driver.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:09 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Yeah, they don't question their government, don't stand up for what is right, and they wave Chinese-made plastic U.S. flags.
They question their government for valid reasons, not unproven and outrageous conspiracies.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,202,503 times
Shucks, Jerry Falwell (God bless his wonderfulo soul) already explained why the towers fell. What more do we need?

Old 09-11-2011, 02:23 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,223,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That's a strange take on reality. Unfortunately no matter how much evidence is presented these folks simply will not accept the truth. How are 911 conspiracies anymore legitimate than UFO, Moon landing or JFK conspiracy theories?
Look at the logistics of UFO aliens? It's not logical.

There is obviously more to JFK than the official story, though we'll probably never know all the details.

With the moon landing, who knows. Radiation belts surround the Earth, and traveling through them could hinder a moon launch. Think about the space race. A trip to the moon would be the ultimate. Why have we not gone back since 1972. There's too much there to discount it.

UFOs are used as a detractor from true conspiracies to make the others look crazy. By tying legitimate conspiracies to aliens, one attempts to debunk them. The typical non-thinker who trusts everything the government tells him/her easily buys this reasoning, as they aren't intelligent enough to see holes in evidence, or to reason from a comprehensive, macro-scaled view.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Silly me, and here I thought Popular Mechanics was an independent business, not an arm of government. Who knew?
And Popular Mechanics didn't have anything to gain. Um, yeah..

True scientists who have nothing to gain have conducted empirical studies that have concluded that the logistics of the whole event is a fraud. That people like you continue to believe in lies, when the evidence demonstrably reveals you to be in error, is absurd.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
They question their government for valid reasons, not unproven and outrageous conspiracies.
You've probably never entertained these "unproven and outrageous conspiracies" and are operating in blind faith of your government, being a good ol' patriotic 'Merican and all.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 PM

3,423 posts, read 3,218,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post

Erm, Godwin's law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.