Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 08:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Now will they capitulate or try to fight the nothing he offered with his jobs speech with nothing. No matter what they do they will be accused by the left, the media and probably independents of being against jobs if they try to avoid the trap he set.

The answer seems to me to be to come up with things that will show that they are interested in jobs but think there may be better ways than another stimulus bill.

Obama Set a Trap for Republicans*|*Godfather Politics
I don't see it Roy. I mean, i know what you're saying, but even if it is a trap, i doubt it'll work at this point anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 08:29 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You call the left ignorant? What war in Libya? The US is not in a war there. maybe you need to read more and turn off QVC.

The actions taken in Libya are from NATO and are sanctioned by them... not us. It would be NATO troops bombing Libya.
Despite Obama assurances, U.S. boots now on the ground in Libya - National Political Transcripts | Examiner.com

Obama: No U.S. Forces on the Ground in Libya . . . Except for Those Guys. - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

Pentagon: US Has 4 Soldiers In Libya

Yes, just like there are no BOOTS on the ground for the U.S.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:30 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default calling your bluff...

Quote:
You really don't know about all those bills the House, the GOP controlled group, has sent to the Senate that will lie there unattended as long as Harry Reid is the Majority Leader, do you? Some of them will certainly create jobs but they can't even get debated in the Senate.

You need to look at what is going on instead of what you lefties want to think is going on.

Enlighten me. Link all of those job-creating GOP bills that have passed the house.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,273 times
Quote:
Obamacare was approved by the Democrat controlled Congress and there is no way that the Republican controlled House could repeal the abomination without the Dem Senate going along with them and then there is always the veto.

Obamacare is alive and well until some changes are made in the Senate membership. I think you just made a statement that either you didn't mean or just don't know about.
I think you didn't read the 2nd sentence of my post...

Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't see it Roy. I mean, i know what you're saying, but even if it is a trap, i doubt it'll work at this point anyway.
I doubt if it will work but when politicians are backed into a corner they tend to behave like wild animals in the same situation. When you have only one or two choices to get you out of that corner you have to choose one and go all the way and hope it works out. I have seen too many here who can't see it at all but are willing to defend it. That tells me that it could work and be supported.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
I dont' know about all that...
if you don't think SS is already dead in the water, your asleep at the wheel. Please wake up and see things the way they are. SS is not gonna survive status quo but any time a polician mentions it, they get POUNDED on by their oppenents so we just keep running head first OFF the cliff.. GEEZ. Wake up already.

SS has to change.. period.. but don't worry about, nothing to see here.. keep moving along.
I see you are boned up on the Republic talking points about Social Security. Now how about some truth? The system will be able to pay out full benefits until 2037 and 77% of full benefits for the next 60 years following 2037. This is an undisputed nonpartisan fact that conservative and liberal economists agree on. It can be made 100 percent solvent with minor tweaks such as raising the retirement age a year or two.

Look, if you want to vote Republic, fine. Do so. Please do not buy into the lie that SS needs to be "fixed" though. This is a successful program that has functioned for the better part of a century and needs to function for centuries to come.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
I doubt if it will work but when politicians are backed into a corner they tend to behave like wild animals in the same situation. When you have only one or two choices to get you out of that corner you have to choose one and go all the way and hope it works out. I have seen too many here who can't see it at all but are willing to defend it. That tells me that it could work and be supported.
I just don't see it at this point. I could be wrong....hell, i hope i'm wrong.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Enlighten me. Link all of those job-creating GOP bills that have passed the house.
They are sitting there on Harry's desk and he won't be allowing them to be debated so why would you want to know about any of them. One is a budget bill but Harry doesn't believe in them (budgets) so it is as he says, DOA. You have to know that there are more than one there but I don't think you would recognize what he is doing so why waste time?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I just don't see it at this point. I could be wrong....hell, i hope i'm wrong.
We are too much alike to be on opposite sides when it comes to hoping we are wrong about things. Actually, I think that there is a lot more agreement between us than we allow to come out in the open.

Oh well it is fun when we aren't trying to reason something like this one.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
I doubt if it will work but when politicians are backed into a corner they tend to behave like wild animals in the same situation.
Wild animals can be rarely tamed. And even when they are, you ought to be cautious and don't over-celebrate your achievement... you just might be mauled rather badly at the most opportune of times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies