Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Christians, do you support the murder of those that don't believe as you do?
Yes, I'm a Christian and I support violence against non-believers 3 8.82%
No, I'm a Christian and I do NOT support violence against non-believers 12 35.29%
I'm a Christian and I condemn all that would slaughter innocent people in the name of Christianity 19 55.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 03:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That poster is considered a troll by many on this board.
Who knows if they are a Christian at all?
Which of the many leftist trolls was it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,533,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And yet...only one Christian voted to support violence against non-believers. Could it be that Christians have moved past the middle ages, while some other religions have not?
The two posters who voted yes are liberals if you look at posts in their history.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Which of the many leftist trolls was it?
Now, what have I told you about putting words in my mouth?
Where did I say it was a lefty?
A troll is a troll is a troll......

Old 09-13-2011, 03:38 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,533,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Hate against what? But I shall surely elaborate just as soon as you can prove that suicide bombing (or killing/persecuting people in general, on religious ground) was patented by Islam.

Much less the pathetic excuse for an argument that suicide bombing is a tool to convert people to Islam. Really?
I didn't say that Islam patented suicide bombing. Where is your evidence that it was invented by Christians?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
The fact remains that substantial numbers of Muslims support the use of violence to further the cause of Islam. Christians have not been guilty of similar madness for a couple of centuries, at least. I don't think the point of the argument is not that some people who profess to be Christians are not murderously hateful and violent; it is, rather, that mass violence is institutionalized within contemporary Islam among significant numbers of its followers and sects.

Arguing that such acts on the part of Muslims are justified by Chistian aggression from the distant past, or disingenuously claiming that the Iraq war was somehow an attack on the Islamic religion, is tantamount to saying that revenge is always justified and will, therefore, never end. What's the old saying about an eye for eye resulting in a world of blind people....?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:41 PM

995 posts, read 1,116,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Crusades?
Interesting choice.
What was the aim of the first Crusade?
Was it in response to Islamic aggression?
Yes,yes it was.
It was in....response....to Islamic aggression.
Found this for ya.

"The First Crusade was the only one that reached its objective, the recovery of the Holy Sepulcher. The cross was the symbol of the crusaders, and the crusaders fought with the cross as their symbol. 1097-1099. Pope Urban II launched the great military movement of the crusade. In the eyes of the Eastern emperor Alexius, the crusaders were his allies. They had come to his assistance by request, to help roll back the tide of Turkish advance in the Empire's Asiatic possessions. Asia Minor and Syria must be recovered if the Empire were to gain any semblance of its former power. The viewpoint of the crusading princes were quite different. They had two objectives in mind, rescuing Holy Places and of carving out fiefdoms for themselves, they did however take the required oath of homage."
The First Crusade - Conquering of Jerusalem

So, yes, they went to rescue their holy places from the Turks, and maybe grab some real estate for themselves. It's funny tho, armies marched back and forth across Europe for thousands of years. The Crusades was just about the first time religion was a factor.
<3 Google, can find all sorts of stuff if you like...put forth the effort to back up your arguments.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:48 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
To TAKE BACK Christian lands...back...meaning some 'other group' took them first...

Old 09-13-2011, 05:51 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Suicide bombing was probably invented by a Christian, and has been used across religions (some just more prone to chickening out of it and go for bombing and shooting instead).
Huge fail!

Istishhad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies