Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your position on gay rights
I am a full supporter for all gay rights. 162 50.00%
I support some aspects of gay rights. 37 11.42%
I think that homosexuals and heterosexuals both have equal rights. 91 28.09%
I think that being gay is a sin, and therefore none of them should have rights. 34 10.49%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:18 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
So when black people wanted equal rights in this country they should have just accepted those limitations and agreed to disagree. Got it.
Nope. skin color <> sexual choice.
Quote:

Laws are malleable. Pushing for changes to certain laws is much different than saying to toss the entire legal system. But I know hyperbole can make for such great arguments.
Just extending the argument to its logical conclusion.
Quote:

If you feel that such a change would constitute a force on your own beliefs well...your convictions must be pretty weak to begin with.
I will say the same to you. Why is it so important?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 11:20 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,704,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
No....if I had it my way, God would be an all loving Santa Claus that let everyone go to heaven.

But he isn't like that.

Well since god, Santa and heaven are all made-up fairy-tale concepts...they can be whatever you'd like them to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
OK. I'll tell you why heterosexuals "hold exclusive rights to marriage". (Not that they do anymore.) They hold those rights because that is the way marriage has evolved over centuries within existing Western cultures and societies.

So...evolution stops at some point?

Old 09-20-2011, 11:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
by 'greedy people' do you mean straight people as well? or is it only greedy if gay people want to get married? people also want to get married for other reasons as well. stability, commitment etc that are in addition too these benefits.
if it was possible for you to actually read what I wrote...you would see a tiny 3 letter word......ALL

Old 09-20-2011, 11:23 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
So...evolution stops at some point?
Definitely not! Just look at the state of the world today.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Definitely not! Just look at the state of the world today.
The best it has ever been for the most people.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:58 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
The best it has ever been for the most people.

All things considered, yes, for most people, but I wasn't attaching a quality-of-life analysis to my answer.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:34 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
All things considered, yes, for most people, but I wasn't attaching a quality-of-life analysis to my answer.
What else did you mean then?

Old 09-21-2011, 09:24 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
What else did you mean then?
This

Old 10-08-2011, 06:09 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You can't really force acceptance, though. That is an illogical statement and doesn't mesh with the reality of how people think. You can educate people on what homosexuality is and the theories on its orgins, but you can't actually force anyone to believe what they are told. After all, there are still people out there who believe the Earth is flat.

The progressives in this country are certainly not the first to realize the way to control a society is to gain control of their children.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,958 times
Don't ask, don't tell, cuz I don't care. Born gay? Fantastic. But the whole ''gay pride'' thing is off-putting. Am I proud to be heterosexual? No, how can you be proud of such a thing. As far as the state is concerned, gay couples obviously should receive totally equal treatment but if a church refuses to recognize your gay union as marriage and declare you heathen hell-bound sinners, well then that's their right to do so too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies