Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:04 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times

Advertisements

I was poor....had my baby....she was never abused. How can you or the pro abortion crowd know the future of a child? That is the dumb debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 01:19 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I was poor....had my baby....she was never abused. How can you or the pro abortion crowd know the future of a child? That is the dumb debate.
EXACTLY!!!

The RTL crowd cannot possibly know the future of every child. Only the mother/parents can know that, or at least have a much better idea.

This by itself makes it a dumb debate, and your statement only proves that the decision should be left up to the one who is pregnant.

I rest my case.

{gavel sound}

~T

Last edited by YapCity; 08-20-2007 at 01:36 PM..

Old 08-20-2007, 01:22 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
And so what do you label someone who is against abortion personally, but feels it should be up to an individual to decide?

Pro-CHOICE, not "Pro Abortion" --- I don't think I've ever heard people trying to argue for the wholesale use and fun of having an abortion!

Old 08-20-2007, 01:35 PM

320 posts, read 296,992 times
Quote:
Congratulations, but the would-be parent generally has a good idea how the life of the child would be. If I were a woman I wouldn't have the abortion (unless it was dangerous to my life or the child). Instead, I would give it up for adoption to a close friend of mine, or a distant relative. I especially would not have a child if I could not afford one. The last thing I want to do is raise a child without essential things. Children don't deserve to grow up "without."

Old 08-20-2007, 01:44 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
Congratulations, but the would-be parent generally has a good idea how the life of the child would be. If I were a woman I wouldn't have the abortion (unless it was dangerous to my life or the child). Instead, I would give it up for adoption to a close friend of mine, or a distant relative. I especially would not have a child if I could not afford one. The last thing I want to do is raise a child without essential things. Children don't deserve to grow up "without."
Giving it up for adoption is not a viable alternative.

Check the statistics on how many folks actually go through with that. More often than not the parent ends up keeping the child, no matter the conditions that the child has to live under. It's a nice idea, but it doesn't take into account the emotional bond that is created between mother and child during pregnancy.

You can't eat, wear, or live in, "love".

It's ok though. The most the feds will be able to do is turn it back over to the states. Then you'll just be making the airlines, and abortion doctors in New York, Illinois, California, etc., extremely rich. People who want abortions, will get them, no matter what happens in this country.

The RTL's will simply not tell my wife or daughter what to do with their bodies. I'll finance whatever they want to do, to make sure it is done right. Some other poor folks may not be so lucky.

Be on the lookout for coat-hanger deaths in the bible belt.....and if you support RTL, know it is completely your fault.

~T

Old 08-20-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
EXACTLY!!!

The RTL crowd cannot possibly know the future of every child. Only the mother/parents can know that, or at least have a much better idea.

This by itself makes it a dumb debate, and your statement only proves that the decision should be left up to the one who is pregnant.

I rest my case.

{gavel sound}

~T
I had NO IDEA of the future of my child or myself. I was living in an area that became very depressed when the auto industry went down. Not even the parents can know their future unless you are suggesting they are all psychic. How can some 18 year old know what their life will become? The pro-abortion crowd will go to any stretch of the imagination to justify their view.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:53 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I can see you're not willing to discuss the issue.

Maybe they should show some videos of Brooklyn, Detroit, Compton, Little Rock, Appalachia, N.O., Baltimore, the list goes on. Maybe they should also show what happens sometimes when folks DON'T get abortions. Maybe they should show abused children with bruises, burns, broken bones, disfigurements, etc. Sexually abused children who got abused by their foster parents because their mom was a crack addict and had them taken away by the state. Victims of shaken baby syndrome that will never be able to feed themselves for the rest of their lives may also be something good to show.

Yes, why would we want any of these parents to abort their fetus? It's just SO much better to let the children go through a few years of torture before they finally end up dead or just mentally broken. Right?

This is just a dumb debate. The same folks that are against abortion are always against welfare as well. Sometimes I wonder if there is any brain activity up there at all with some of these folks. All of the RTL's are happy to force the pregnancy, but then all of a sudden contract the NIMBY syndrome once the kid is born into poverty, or an abusive home.
The catholic priests are the worst. They can't even keep the LIVING children from being molested by their own, and they want to bring MORE into this world?

The entire right to life establishment is a farce.

~T
Puhleeze. My sister, God love her, decided to keep her baby (rape victim), even after being offered abortion. The child is 100% fine and is loved.

As for abused children again, what makes you think theyre abused children who escaped abortion? Until you can provide some facts behind that dumb statement it'd be best if you didnt bring it up, you look desperate to proove how abortion is the better choice.

And Id rather see, sad as it sounds, an abused child rather than one vacuumed out of someone and right into death, wholl never get to experience life and how wonderful it can be. Give the child a chance, ya know?

Last edited by Steve-o; 08-20-2007 at 03:02 PM..

Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
And Id rather see, sad as it sounds, an abused child rather than one vacuumed out of someone and right into death, wholl never get to experience life and how wonderful it can be. Give the child a chance, ya know?

And if that child's mother is denied the right to abort her pregnancy if she chooses are you willing to take that child in and clothe it, house it, feed it, nurture it, educate it, love it, and care for it for at least 18 years? If not I don't see any reason your preferences or those of anyone else unwilling to do those things should matter.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And if that child's mother is denied the right to abort her pregnancy if she chooses are you willing to take that child in and clothe it, house it, feed it, nurture it, educate it, love it, and care for it for at least 18 years? If not I don't see any reason your preferences or those of anyone else unwilling to do those things should matter.

There are many people waiting to adopt babies. I had friends in Sacramento that were trying for years to adopt. Both were professionals and she was not able to have a child. She was also in the medical field and it was heartbreaking for her to know of all the babies killed thashe would have loved the chance to adopt a few of them.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:31 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
ME!! I would love to adopt a baby. I can't afford to adopt a baby, so yes, I would love it if someone wanted to give their baby to me - I would clothe it, house it, feed it, nurture it, educate it and most of all love it well beyond 18 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies