Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 AM

616 posts, read 854,652 times

Advertisements

I remember when Obama came to power he got congress to sign off on Trillions of bucks. Now I do understand that the lion share of that stimulus money went to the banks, but where did the rest go? or has it been divided up yet? Also, why is he asking for even more trillions?

Does anybody out there have the breakdown of where the money went? as a concerned taxpayer I need to know this since there is no transparency of government because I went to one of the banks he bailed out for a loan a few months back and got denied eventhough I have an account with them and no history of bad business whatsoever.

the banks are not lending eventhough they got bailed out. why is that? wasn't that money for the generation of a bounce back economy? why are the banks holding our money hostage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times

WHERE'S half a trillion dollars, Ben? Grayson hammers Bernanke (07/21/09) - YouTube

Old 09-16-2011, 09:56 AM

Amazing! Bold face tells the American people "NO", I will not tell you where the money went.

WOW...

Old 09-16-2011, 10:20 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ATX View Post
I remember when Obama came to power he got congress to sign off on Trillions of bucks. Now I do understand that the lion share of that stimulus money went to the banks, but where did the rest go? or has it been divided up yet? Also, why is he asking for even more trillions?

Does anybody out there have the breakdown of where the money went? as a concerned taxpayer I need to know this since there is no transparency of government because I went to one of the banks he bailed out for a loan a few months back and got denied eventhough I have an account with them and no history of bad business whatsoever.

the banks are not lending eventhough they got bailed out. why is that? wasn't that money for the generation of a bounce back economy? why are the banks holding our money hostage?

No transparency?

How about Recovery.gov - Tracking the Money

For example Texas from Feb '09 to Jun '11 has received over $17 BILLION dollars in that fund. And created over 45,000 jobs.

Transparent enough?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
No transparency?

How about Recovery.gov - Tracking the Money

For example Texas from Feb '09 to Jun '11 has received over $17 BILLION dollars in that fund. And created over 45,000 jobs.

Transparent enough?
actually it was $11.4 and that's not transparent enough no.

and why is he asking for more trillions then? Stimulus #2

can you answer that?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
actually it was $11.4 and that's not transparent enough no.

and why is he asking for more trillions then? Stimulus #2

can you answer that?
Unfortunately he's not. Should be asking for at least $2 Trillion.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obama renews call for more stimulus - Washington Times

I understand the first lump went to the banks...but shouldn't it have gone to the correct places first?

Old 09-16-2011, 10:44 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Concidering the deregulation of the Banking indutry caused at least 114 trill. there needs to be at least that to get even. This is a world wide number so lets see how far the large corps what to go and how much they will pay the right wing to kill off democracy. Check your history and see how Large multi nationals just loved Germany in the late and middle 30's

Old 09-16-2011, 10:49 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Hell then he could send around a 6 grand check to every person in the US, add 2 trillion to the debt our kids and grandkids will have to pay and get re-elected to boot. What a good idea well unless your not born yet. I guess democrats figure they will kill enough of their babies that the republican children and grandchildren will be left holding the bag. Nice little plan.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Obama renews call for more stimulus - Washington Times

I understand the first lump went to the banks...but shouldn't it have gone to the correct places first?
None went to banks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies