Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:27 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,929,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So you think it's perfectly fine to execute someone for merely leaving one religion for another?
If he broke the law, and that is the punishment for it, then much as we don't execute people for changing religions, and I find it a little disturbing, then yes.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

You aren't so keen on others coming to "your country" and telilng you how to run it, and that your laws are wrong, are you ?
No ?
Witness al the hysteria about how everyone thinks that "they" will start to request Sharia law as evidence.

But it's ok for you to tell them what a disgrace their country is, right?

And to think some people still wonder why America appears to be disliked throughout the world !

Quote:
Keep that in mind as you continue to defend Islam as their population grows within your country.
Please, what is this, the dark ages ?

Some of us have grown up now and don't drag our knuckles along the ground any more.
Some of us don't discriminate against others on account of the colour of their skin, or their religion.

I should point out at this stage that America can hardly be held up as a paragon of moral virtue.

You might want to consider that before throwing about stupid, childish insults about other races, especially based on stereotypes.

I bet if this was the 50's, you and your buddies would be ridin' in a pick 'em up truck with pillow cases on your heads and baseball bats looking for "coons and ****" to "teach 'em", wouldn't ya ?

Sad really.

Last edited by bobman; 09-30-2011 at 07:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Don't judge other people by your standards !!

To you it may seem barbaric, but to them, it's normal.

You have your laws, they have theirs.

Nothing like attacking someone else's religion to start a war !
Has it ever occured to you people that if we were just to mind our own damn business, the world might just be a better place ?

Are you seriously telling me that in the "2!st century, we can't even manage to respect each others' values, and still feel the need to impose our values on others ?

Still, the crusades go on. And here was I thinking they finished in the Middle ages !!
This is what you get after a generation of teaching multiculturalism and moral relativism. The belief that no one country's beliefs or system of values is superior to another's therefore to interfere or condemn the other is wrong. A man is set to die because he made a personal choice, expressing freedom of conscience, which is a basic human right. His decision has no impact on anyone else and does not infringe on anyone else's right and yet there are those who would deny him the right to make that decision and would punish such thoughts with death.
The death penalty for leaving the religion in Islam is meant as a constant threat to keep the population in line. Without it and if other religions were allowed to proselytize there would be a stampede to the exits from Islam and they know it. Any 'religion' that needs to use such heavy-handed tactics to keep its followers in like is nothing more than a cult and a very evil one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Fundamentalist Islam may eventually catch up with Fundamentalist Christianity. Eg: Instead of killing someone who doesn't believe as they do, they'll just spread lies and propaganda to take away their rights and scream in their faces that they'll burn in the eternal fires of hell.
I suppose that's progress.

Luckily, even Fundamentalist Christians don't follow the Bible.

Otherwise they'd be stoning people for all sorts of things they thought their God didn't like. Or massacring all the men, women and male children from nearby tribes. (Keeping all the virgin girls for themselves of course) And of course giving YHWH his share of the booty as He commanded, including slaves.
You demonstrate the difference between reading the Bible and studying the Bible. The Old Testament reference you refer to was a specific command to the people of Israel to kill the tribes living in one section of the land and one specific time. Compare and contrast that to Islam’s open-ended ongoing command to wage war against all unbelieves until Allah's religion is made supreme over all lands.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:09 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Quote:
You might want to consider that before throwing about stupid, childish insults about other races, especially based on stereotypes.
What race is Islam again?

Old 09-30-2011, 09:46 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,391 times
Quote:
Don't judge other people by your standards !!

To you it may seem barbaric, but to them, it's normal.

You have your laws, they have theirs.

Nothing like attacking someone else's religion to start a war !
Has it ever occured to you people that if we were just to mind our own damn business, the world might just be a better place ?

Are you seriously telling me that in the "2!st century, we can't even manage to respect each others' values, and still feel the need to impose our values on others ?

Still, the crusades go on. And here was I thinking they finished in the Middle ages !!

so next time there is a genocide somewhere let it be? Hey, I am with ya there

Old 09-30-2011, 09:47 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,299,391 times
Quote:
If he broke the law, and that is the punishment for it, then much as we don't execute people for changing religions, and I find it a little disturbing, then yes.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

You aren't so keen on others coming to "your country" and telilng you how to run it, and that your laws are wrong, are you ?
No ?
Witness al the hysteria about how everyone thinks that "they" will start to request Sharia law as evidence.

But it's ok for you to tell them what a disgrace their country is, right?

And to think some people still wonder why America appears to be disliked throughout the world !

Please, what is this, the dark ages ?

Some of us have grown up now and don't drag our knuckles along the ground any more.
Some of us don't discriminate against others on account of the colour of their skin, or their religion.

I should point out at this stage that America can hardly be held up as a paragon of moral virtue.

I bet if this was the 50's, you and your buddies would be ridin' in a pick 'em up truck with pillow cases on your heads and baseball bats looking for "coons and ****" to "teach 'em", wouldn't ya ?

Sad really.

I am sure if Iran started executing gays and lesbians Bobman would be up in arms.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Yet another example of why politics and religion should never mix.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:56 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,199,324 times
Quote:
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/articles/...d-to-death.htm

Yep, real religion of peace. You choose to leave Islam, you die.
This is nothing new. Yes, religion is a cancer affecting the planet and the people on it. Next!

Old 09-30-2011, 10:02 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
I am sure if Iran started executing gays and lesbians Bobman would be up in arms.
According to Iran's MadmaninaDinnerJacket, there are NO gays or lesbians in Iran.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM

760 posts, read 685,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Yet another example of why politics and religion should never mix.
It's just one of the steps needed for a country to evolve socially. That whole dang area needs to step it up and get out of the dark ages. We all ***** and complain about the religious right here, but in comparison, we're a mere drop in a bucket compared to their thunderstorm. The faster religion gets out of government, the better off people end up being.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 AM

760 posts, read 685,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
ILGA: Iran executes gay teenagers

iran executes gays - Google Search

They already do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies