Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 07:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times

Advertisements

who cares what the rich do with their money? if they want to spend it on security, that is up to them, remember they EARNED their money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 07:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Who cares, honestly? Jealous much? I see you're buying into Obama's class warfare rhetoric hook, line, and sinker.
Another thread was asking the question should the wealthy arm themselves. This is just a thread about how the very wealthy arm themselves. Why carry a weapon when you can hire the british royal marines to guard you. Has nothing to do with envy. Just pointing out the disconnect.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
who cares what the rich do with their money? if they want to spend it on security, that is up to them, remember they EARNED their money.
BS. Some did and did not.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,842,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The truly wealthy don't flaunt their wealth. You'd pass them on the street and wouldn't even know it.
The elite wealthy live in the shadows.

The CEO's and others you see flaunting their wealth for all to see are not the 1% you want blood from.
Guzmán reportedly strolled into a restaurant called "Barrokas" in Piedras Negras, with several of his bodyguards. After taking his seat, his men collected the cell phones of approximately thirty diners and instructed them to not be alarmed. The gangsters then ate their meal and left – paying for everyone else in the restaurant.[20] That same month, Guzmán was reportedly seen in Culiacán, Sinaloa, Mexico, repeating his exploit at the "Los Platos" restaurant [21].
Joaquín Guzmán Loera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-02-2011, 07:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times
Sounds like a nice guy. Wonder if he's a big tipper too?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
alright then, the FAMILIES earned their money. that work better for you? and what does it matter anyway? if i made myself extremely wealthy, you can bet that i will pass on much of my wealth to those coming after me.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,961,323 times
Quote:
Well when the 1% are on their yachts on the high seas or in port. They can have the benefits of advanced military technology and trained british royal marines at their disposal. So the question from a thread earlier about whether the Rich will arm themselves is kind of moot? They don't arm themselves that have the Royal Marines arm themselves on their own private yacht.

Wealthy arm their yachts with military-level security - CNN.com
Obama's friends at Google are using taxpayer funded NASA airfield to park their fighter jet. Why not jump all over that?

http://articles.businessinsider.com/...-mountain-view

Old 10-03-2011, 06:30 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,333,129 times
Quote:
Another thread was asking the question should the wealthy arm themselves. This is just a thread about how the very wealthy arm themselves. Why carry a weapon when you can hire the british royal marines to guard you. Has nothing to do with envy. Just pointing out the disconnect.
Well good for them. What the uber wealthy choose to do or not do with their money is of no concern of mine. I don't care, nor do I understand why you (or anyone else) does. Whatevs.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 AM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:

...........yet you always seem to be concerned about other people's money. Why not just be concerned about what YOU do and what YOU can do to better yourself?

Life is not a "zero sum game" in which one person has to lose in order for another to win. Liberals don't seem to understand this. If thier premise was true, there would be one world sultan and the rest of us would be living in mud huts and driving oxen carts.

Focus on your life and you will be happier. If you always look at what others have (there will always be somebody richer) you will be bitter for the rest of your life and will never be happy, regardless of how much wealth you accumulate. I am pretty well to do, but there are ALOT of people that have more money than I do. Guess what? I don't care. That is their life and not mine and it does not conern me.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
...........yet you always seem to be concerned about other people's money. Why not just be concerned about what YOU do and what YOU can do to better yourself?

Life is not a "zero sum game" in which one person has to lose in order for another to win. Liberals don't seem to understand this. If thier premise was true, there would be one world sultan and the rest of us would be living in mud huts and driving oxen carts.

Focus on your life and you will be happier. If you always look at what others have (there will always be somebody richer) you will be bitter for the rest of your life and will never be happy, regardless of how much wealth you accumulate. I am pretty well to do, but there are ALOT of people that have more money than I do. Guess what? I don't care. That is their life and not mine and it does not conern me.
I am fine with where I am. I make as much as I want to make. I am in position, much like yourself where that is possible, but thanks for caring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies