Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 09:18 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times

Advertisements

Hank sounds like a caricature of a redneck. Seriously, if SNL did a skit on a redneck, this is what he would sound like both in accent and in content.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,527,807 times
I love how the NFL says they dont like how Hank represented them however they are okay with Pacman Jones punching strippers in the face, Plaxico Buress illegally carrying guns and shooting himself, Michael Vick fighting and murdering dogs shal I go on?

Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
I love how the NFL says they dont like how Hank represented them however they are okay with Pacman Jones punching strippers in the face, Plaxico Buress illegally carrying guns and shooting himself, Michael Vick fighting and murdering dogs shal I go on?
Clear examples of how the NFL is Communist and racist against White people.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Basically Williams forgot that he can be replaced. Such incidents have ruined many who thought otherwise and cost them millions like the players mentioned. At least he applogized today unlike the Dixie Chicks who were truely dumb and only made it worse. They went directly on the D list.That Rapper West was seen as a example of you can't fix stupid from his later behaviour.Back to the has been list for Hank it seems.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically Williams forgot that he can be replaced. Such incidents have ruined many who thought otherwise and cost them millions like the players mentioned. At least he applogized today unlike the Dixie Chicks who were truely dumb and only made it worse. They went directly on the D list.That Rapper West was seen as a example of you can't fix stupid from his later behaviour.Back to the has been list for Hank it seems.
Limbaugh made some pretty racist statements on ESPN and he is successful to this day. If anything that increased his popularity.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,568,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Limbaugh made some pretty racist statements on ESPN and he is successful to this day. If anything that increased his popularity.
Well racists will always have a platform huh? Poor white people!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:47 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,358 times
Jon Stewart had it on point earlier tonight when he played that clip of Fox and Friends talking about how they hate when celebrities comment on politics a la Roseanne Barr then immediately after bring on Williams.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:24 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Man, he sure didnt seem like he even wanted to be there at first. You could tell, they were uncomfortable with his answer. He obviously went too far and I dont think it was a very good
analogy. I hate Obama but Im not gonna go as far as to compare him to a man who wanted to
murder Jews.

He made the comment, which he shouldnt have. ESPN has every right to not use him anymore. Of course, Im not so sure they wouldve acted the same way to someone on their payroll that makes
a similar type of comment about a Conservative.
WOW....could you hate Obama. What has he done to you?

Some of you waste a massive amount of energy on hating people. Man that's so sad.

There are people that annoy me and that's as far as it goes. Even during my days of fighting, I won some and lost some. When I lost, I lost bad---I don't even think I could say I hate or even strongly dislike the guys that "did me in". Those were like threatening situations.

You HATE Obama.....wow, I'm blown away. You could have said the same thing about Bush 1 and 2 and my reply would have been the same.

I think as Americans WE forget how good he have it in this country. YES, the entitlement mentallity as stronger than ever.

Amerca's poor makes 3rd world country poor look wealthy.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about the POTUS. Tha'rs just sad.

Do you hate most people that you you don't know?

Old 10-05-2011, 12:34 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
So! you doubt that a modern, US president and his radical buddies from the sixties could ever be so radical or nutty as to want to do what hitler did, and kill citizens as they killed Jews? Hmm, so you never heard of the FBI agent, Grathwohl that infiltrated the Weather Underground in the seventies? There he was, surrounded by Phd types and elites in our higher echelons of Academia, and told, this...and yes, this is geniune. Google the dude to find him confirmed at countless sites, sources, etc. Heck, check Snopes, grin.

(PS, agreed with the poster above, that HATE is just pitiful, sad and will harm no one but the person feeling the hate. We must see people and things for what they, in reality are, no matter how bad they are, and have that "eye of the tiger" attitude, just know things and remain stoic about them. It's the only way to make it through the currency crash and future this nation has, sadly.)

EMERGENCY; Warning to All U.S.A. Citizens - Obama and Ayers - YouTube

Old 10-05-2011, 12:36 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
WOW....could you hate Obama. What has he done to you?

Some of you waste a massive amount of energy on hating people. Man that's so sad.

There are people that annoy me and that's as far as it goes. Even during my days of fighting, I won some and lost some. When I lost, I lost bad---I don't even think I could say I hate or even strongly dislike the guys that "did me in". Those were like threatening situations.

You HATE Obama.....wow, I'm blown away. You could have said the same thing about Bush 1 and 2 and my reply would have been the same.

I think as Americans WE forget how good he have it in this country. YES, the entitlement mentallity as stronger than ever.

Amerca's poor makes 3rd world country poor look wealthy.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about the POTUS. Tha'rs just sad.

Do you hate most people that you you don't know?
Umm, where have you been...that "I hate Obama" sentiment is what the entire "Tea Party" movement was ALL about. Its what the birther nonsense is about. Yes, there are people who truly "hate" President Obama for his mere existence. These people started their anti-Obama protests before the man even stepped one foot into the Oval Office. People like Hank Williams are their mascots and "celebrity" mouthpieces.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies