Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, of course not...it would have ignited the vapor cloud of drugs and liquor. The blast would have likely killed Hank, his son, a cousin, sister and niece. So right there you would have a total of 3 people dead.
I can't believe this bit has flown under the radar for 2 days now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
ESPN Fires Hank, Who Claims He Quit

Though ESPN’s decision to yank Hank Williams, Jr. from the opening theme music to Monday Night Football initially seemed to be a one-week suspension, it’s a little more permanent than that. OK, it’s a lot more permanent than that.

By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You [ESPN] stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment, Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:16 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,224,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post

Though ESPN’s decision to yank Hank Williams, Jr. from the opening theme music to Monday Night Football initially seemed to be a one-week suspension, it’s a little more permanent than that. OK, it’s a lot more permanent than that.

By pulling my opening Oct 3rd, You [ESPN] stepped on the Toes of The First Amendment, Freedom of Speech, so therefore Me, My Song, and All My Rowdy Friends are OUT OF HERE.
What a tool. This whole thing has become a Clash of the Tools.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 AM

143 posts, read 122,215 times
Quote:

Meh, that's fine with me. It was a song that had been beat to death anyway ever since the 80's. On another note, if you want to see a who's who of late 70-early 80's country music personalities, check out Hank's original video for this song.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:37 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What a tool. This whole thing has become a Clash of the Tools.
I agree...it's getting to seem like just about everything in America is just that..a"Clash of the Tools"

Old 10-06-2011, 11:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:

It did nothing to his freedom of speech, he can say anything he wants no one is stopping him and no one is arresting him. What the Moron does not understand is does not have freedom from consequences, shoot your mouth of and the company that employes him has the right to react in what they believe is their best interests. Oh, no one will stop watching Monday night football because Hank is gone, just so ya know

Old 10-06-2011, 11:59 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times
I can't believe how dumb people are. It was an analogy. He wasn't saying that Obama is like Hitler anymore than he was saying that Boehner is like Netanyahu. He was saying it was like two enemies playing golf together. Sure, it was a stupid analogy, considering that Netanyahu and Hitler come from two different eras, but it was just an analogy nonetheless.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
I can't believe how dumb people are. It was an analogy. He wasn't saying that Obama is like Hitler anymore than he was saying that Boehner is like Netanyahu. He was saying it was like two enemies playing golf together. Sure, it was a stupid analogy, considering that Netanyahu and Hitler come from two different eras, but it was just an analogy nonetheless.
Tell it to ESPN, it is their business to run as they see fit, he will not be back

Old 10-06-2011, 02:37 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,989,890 times

How about that? HW,j is so clueless that he thinks he has a Constitutional right to be given a platform to sing by ESPN. I'm guessing that's about par for the course for him...

Here's a refreshing, Hank:
You have a right to free speech and the First Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on that right. The First Amendment does not demand that private companies pay you for the right to play your song on their broadcasts.

What an ignorant buffoon ...

Old 10-06-2011, 03:27 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,270,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Agreed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies