Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 02:03 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, since I am a woman, a mother, a grandmother, and a great grandmother I must refute your assertion.
You should have gotten the maximum amount of children a woman can have. Everytime you didn't, one child didn't get the chance to have a life.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Then, should you ever find yourself pregnant, don't choose to abort.
Until then, it's not up to you to decide what someone wants to do with their body.
Did I say it was? why son't you show where I said anything about a womans right. I'll be waiting

Old 10-07-2011, 10:23 PM

527 posts, read 467,861 times
A woman has the right to choose what she does with her body, end of story. Those who have religious beliefs should not try to force these beliefs on others. A lot of those against abortion I have talked to also seem to support the dealth penalty so I see a bit of hypocrisy there when they spout about precious life when referring to a few cells, and dont seem to feel life is so precious when talking about a rapist or serial killer. This thread is so silly- it is such a what if thing- what if the sperm that I ejaculated when I last masturbated included the start of the inventor of perpetual energy, or the cure for cancer, or the one who finally brought humanity together and ended war? So silly.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:03 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And they'd be paying taxes so our old folks could retire without as much worry about SS being there.
Last I checked.....you need to have a job to pay SS taxes.

In case you haven't noticed, there are not enough jobs for the people we have now, let alone force women to have unwanted children to add to the welfare rolls.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:22 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
I'm personally against abortion and it's definitely not for religious reasons because I'm not even remotely religious. Mayhap it's the current methods and laws surrounding it that bugs me more than anything. Seems current laws make it all the woman's choice. As a woman, I still think that it wrong. The man had an equal part in making that baby and should have an equal voice. Perhaps I am wrong and not quite up on abortion laws, but I find this argument that it's a woman's choice alone to be a problem. The woman made a choice to engage in an activity that could result in a child and therefore her decision to keep a baby or not should also include the other party to the making of the baby. Of course, I am speaking of cases of abortion where rape, incest, and the woman's life being at risk are not an issue.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:05 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,052,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'm personally against abortion and it's definitely not for religious reasons because I'm not even remotely religious. Mayhap it's the current methods and laws surrounding it that bugs me more than anything. Seems current laws make it all the woman's choice. As a woman, I still think that it wrong. The man had an equal part in making that baby and should have an equal voice. Perhaps I am wrong and not quite up on abortion laws, but I find this argument that it's a woman's choice alone to be a problem. The woman made a choice to engage in an activity that could result in a child and therefore her decision to keep a baby or not should also include the other party to the making of the baby. Of course, I am speaking of cases of abortion where rape, incest, and the woman's life being at risk are not an issue.
Sorry, the man is not the one who has to suffer through pregnancy and childbirth......he does not get a vote.

And.....even if he did......one vote for, one vote against....then what?

Women suffer menstruation, pregnancy and menopause.....men don't.....what are we going to do to fix that inequity?

Some things in life simply cannot be made equal.

The woman's body......the woman's choice......period.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:43 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sorry, the man is not the one who has to suffer through pregnancy and childbirth......he does not get a vote.

And.....even if he did......one vote for, one vote against....then what?

Women suffer menstruation, pregnancy and menopause.....men don't.....what are we going to do to fix that inequity?

Some things in life simply cannot be made equal.

The woman's body......the woman's choice......period.
Women do need something men have to get pregnant. That's a biological fact. Been pregnant, been through childbirth...let's not act like you're nailing yourself to the cross to do that. If you feel, as a woman, that you've been biologically lessened somehow, I can't help you. I tend to look at women's natural biological functions not as something to endure but part of what makes us the givers of life.

Remember, what you think is a burden, there are millions of women that would welcome it. Nonetheless, physical discomfort should not negate a man's decision because he is an essential component to the pregnancy, per biology.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Exactly. One of the 50+ million babies aborted in the past 38 years could have found life on another planet, discovered a cure for cancer or for deafness, blindness, Alzheimer's, etc.
And all the gazillion babies born in the last 38 years , plugging up and polluting this planet, didn't.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

Nope, it's her body and her decision....

...what if the man wanted her to abort and she didn't want to???? WHO gives in...???

What if the man wanted her to keep the baby, she does, he walks? What does she do then?

OBTW, abortion is abortion whether the pregnancy was from rape or incest ...or fun....

Old 10-08-2011, 04:26 AM

87 posts, read 92,995 times
I'm a Christian. Just want to say that upfront. However, I feel that if a child is unwanted, I would rather have the mother send her baby to heaven, than be forced to have it and beat it, starve it, hate it, sling it, shake it, smother it, throw it in a trash can. God in His wisdom, can send His "cure for cancer" any time He darn well pleases. Do you honestly think He would send a child to be aborted that He wanted on the planet? For crying out loud...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies