Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:13 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,136,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
I don't know about you, but really, I think that the time has come.

We need to get rid of all these special interest groups based on race, religion, and country of origin. Affirmative action is a bald-faced joke, for one. The rest of these ethnic groups looking for a leg up should get a foot instead......... right in the arse.

Right about now, in 2011, I'd have to say the playing field has been leveled. Sure, there are plenty who will not hire some, based on their race. .......but then again, that's universal. Black owned businesses tend to hire more blacks, Hispanic owned businesses hire more Hispanics, and sorry, but I have yet to see an Asian small business that hires anyone but Asians. Those business owners or corporations led by folks of European descent in fact tend to be the most impartial.

So why do we still have this crap? Why aren't we outlawing these types of groups, and doing away with the legislation?

I don't know about you, but, uh, we have a black president. As far as achieving diversity goes, I say mission accomplished. Let's get rid of affirmative action, and anything else like it. Thoughts?
So because we have a black president, all of the sudden years of oppression and institutionalized racism has been erased? Only a fool would think that.

Oh, and by the way, WHITE women are the number one beneficiaries of AA. NOT minorities.

Stormfront is waiting for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
In America there is still much systematic race based inequality. No the playing field is far from leveled and when it is those groups you mentioned will fade away. Having a black president does not magically transform the country in to a utopia where everyone holds hands and there is no discrimination.
Exactly.

But then again, I'm 90% that OP is a troll.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:17 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
What equal protection under the law? No "special rights"? No preferential law? How dare you suggest such a thing...

Seriously, America is nothing but silly immoral initiations of force of one group against another group, that is why we are so absurd...land of the free...until my neighbor uses the government to kill me

Old 09-16-2014, 05:47 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Humans naturally divide in so many different way.

Unfortunately the divisions in the USAtard have become more important than the country as a whole.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A friend of mine tried to join a softball team in El Paso some years ago.

He was told it was a Hispanics only team.

He started his Anglo only team and was sued for discrimination.
Nah...you made that up.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:12 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
So because we have a black president, all of the sudden years of oppression and institutionalized racism has been erased? Only a fool would think that.
Only a fool would think that in a nation full of institutionalized racism a black man could get elected President.

So it's not that all of a sudden the years of racism have been erased because Obama got election. It's Obama's election revealing that the institutionalized racism wasn't there to begin with or he couldn't have gotten elected in the first place. Obama's election didn't suddenly do anything. It's just highly indicative of what was already there - that the left wing has been trumping up nonexistent racism for political gain.
Quote:
Oh, and by the way, WHITE women are the number one beneficiaries of AA. NOT minorities.
That's true and that's another reason why AA should be done away with. It does not accomplish its goals. The primary beneficiaries of AA are people who were already in an equal position and now get unfair advantages, while the truly disadvantaged people stay that way. AA is flawed.
Quote:
Immediately throwing stormfront in the face of someone who doesn't support affirmative action is more indicative of your own narrow mindedness and bigotry than theirs. When you label people extremist racists simply for not agreeing with one policy, then you're the extremist not them.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:58 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post

The Black Panthers approve this message.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The Black Panthers approve this message.
Facts approve this message.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Only a fool would think that in a nation full of institutionalized racism a black man could get elected President.

So it's not that all of a sudden the years of racism have been erased because Obama got election. It's Obama's election revealing that the institutionalized racism wasn't there to begin with or he couldn't have gotten elected in the first place. Obama's election didn't suddenly do anything. It's just highly indicative of what was already there - that the left wing has been trumping up nonexistent racism for political gain.

That's true and that's another reason why AA should be done away with. It does not accomplish its goals. The primary beneficiaries of AA are people who were already in an equal position and now get unfair advantages, while the truly disadvantaged people stay that way. AA is flawed.

Immediately throwing stormfront in the face of someone who doesn't support affirmative action is more indicative of your own narrow mindedness and bigotry than theirs. When you label people extremist racists simply for not agreeing with one policy, then you're the extremist not them.
Apparently you can't read. Reread my post and then come back to me.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:09 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
What equal protection under the law? No "special rights"? No preferential law? How dare you suggest such a thing...

Seriously, America is nothing but silly immoral initiations of force of one group against another group, that is why we are so absurd...land of the free...until my neighbor uses the government to kill me
But thats the problem with our whole country since the beginning. One group if its strong enough self rightiously imposes its will on another and all the way down to the individual. Whats the results of this? Less love and brotherhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies